What Was The First, Last, Best, Worst, Loudest Concert You Attended?

First Concert: Strawberry Alarm Clock
Last Concert: Been awhile, probably, Leo Kottke
Best Concert: Too many in Knoxville '72-'73 timeframe
Worst Concert:Summernacht 1978. Jerrerson Starship didn't show and thugs destroyed the stage (burned to ground) (Germany)
Loudest Concert: Grand Funk Railroad / Leon Russell (small venue, loud piano)
Seen the Most: Leo Kottke
Most Surprising: Billy Preston
Next Concert: St. Peter on harp
Wish I Could Have Seen: Early Beatles

First Concert: Ike & Tina Turner Review / Sly & The Family Stone 1968. I was with friends at a nearby lake-front park. We didn't have tickets, but stood at an advantageous section of the fence (outdoor concert). The sound was good, and we could see the stage from a distance. Sly did not appear. Rumors were that he was too effed up, or he was upset about something. The Family Stone did a spirited jam before Ike & Tina took the stage. We did not stick around for their entire set. The first concert for which I actually bought a ticket was Donovan 1969. I sat next to Cathy Corbett, who was a year older than me. She let me fondle her breast in the dark.
Latest Concert: A funky dance/party band performing at the BRAG Spring Ride. They had horns. :cool:
Best Concert: 1970 Atlanta Pop Festival. That was a life experience.
Worst Concert: Ted Nugent 1974
Loudest Concert: Ted Nugent 1974. Much too loud for the venue. Anyone staying for the entire show had life-long damaged hearing. I walked out and listened for a few minutes from the corridors outside the hall.
Seen the Most: The Rolling Stones
Most Surprising: Joan Armatrading 1983. The lights came up on her playing her first song. The audience was enrapt. When the song finished, the audience erupted with enormous energy. Joan was visibly taken aback, but the vibe was so positive and loving that she put on an inspired show. Everyone there knew that they'd been part of something special - Joan, the band, the staff, the audience, security...
Next Concert: I do not know...
Wish I Could Have Seen: John Coltrane
Yes when I saw Ted Nugent in the 70's and it was a terrible concert and like you said it was too loud and it was just like one big ball of sound.....absolutely terrible.

VN Store

Back