What was the most memorable/best UT game you've ever attended?

vtvol98

my $.02 as well...
For me, It was the 2002 Arkansas at Tennessee game. I got to meet Alex Walls and his family before the game and Casey and Rick Clausen during the Vol Walk. It was amazing to see the scramble by Matt Jones to extend a fourth and forever play into a a 93 yd TD catch and run late in the 4th qtr. to bring the Hogs within a TD. I winced every time Decory Birmingham touched the ball for UA because he was a threat to score from anywhere on the field in OT. The post play to Jason Witten from Casey Clausen to win in 6 OTs was the perfect nightcap for the evening.

Reactions: 2 people
Gotta say the 09 South Carolina game, my first game at Neyland and the black jerseys, the crowd was nuts. Even in the rain

Gotta say the 09 South Carolina game, my first game at Neyland and the black jerseys, the crowd was nuts. Even in the rain

I think that those black jerseys, got players and crowd jacked up. I hadn't seen UT play with that much emotion in years.

Tough one.... can't pick just one.

1991 at south bend
1982 vs bama (maybe most memorable trip with my Dad)
1998 vs gators
2001 vs gators (swamp)

Reactions: 4 people
Jumping the wall of the 1998 Florida game...was 20 rows up in the endzone where overtime was played...dead center of the crossbar.

Then the 1998 Arkansas game.

37 years old and been to more games than I can count since I was 4....just can't remember any other games in person that had more emotional energy nor more on the line than those 2 games.

I've only been to two, so last year against UF.

Sure was memorable, all right ..

89 Auburn.............CobbWebb
Last game ever for UT at Legion Field.......97??
97 SEC champ game vs Auburn

Just looking at the years many have posted this team hasn't done much in a while. Time for this to change.

For me:

'82 Bama
'84 Bama
'85 Vandy (winning the SEC...not the game itself)
'95 Bama
'97 SECCG
'98 UF
'99 Fiesta Bowl against FSU
'01 UF

1985 Sugar Bowl, nobody gave us a chance of winning. It was great watching the Vols curb stomp the mighty U!

Reactions: 1 person
For me, It was the 2002 Arkansas at Tennessee game. I got to meet Alex Walls and his family before the game and Casey and Rick Clausen during the Vol Walk. It was amazing to see the scramble by Matt Jones to extend a fourth and forever play into a a 93 yd TD catch and run late in the 4th qtr. to bring the Hogs within a TD. I winced every time Decory Birmingham touched the ball for UA because he was a threat to score from anywhere on the field in OT. The post play to Jason Witten from Casey Clausen to win in 6 OTs was the perfect nightcap for the evening.

Just curious, but what was Rick Clausen doing in Knoxville that weekend? Did LSU have a bye that week or something?

'94 @ Vandy was my first, because I was only 13, and we whipped dey azz 65-0. It was Peyton Manning's freshman year, Aaron Hayden's Sr. Year (and he unfortunately broke his leg that game), James Stewart was either a freshman or sophomore, watching Nilo Sylvan juke out the Vandy special teams players, and I got to stand behind the uprights as a kid with my dad and catch the pre-game warmup kicks from John Becksvoort. That was a good day.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVEio9gElBU[/youtube]

'06 Cal is most memorable at home for me because didn't have season tickets until '09, and we havent made much noise since '07. I remember in '06 walking up the ramp to my seats and seeing a bunch of those Cali-pricks in their blue & gold Cal rugby shirts yelling things like, "What's the matter, Vols? You look sad... you look like you just finished the season unranked... what's the matter little guys???"

We whipped dey azz, too. :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XHXwbmPMsw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
My first game as a freshman in 1983.

I think it was against New Mexico. It was my first time in Neyland. When the drum major did that high-step run leading the band out onto the field and the crowd rose to it's feet and cheered, it took my breath away a little bit. I wasn't prepared for the effect the whole atmosphere had on me. I had been lucky enough to attend several NFL games as a kid, including the NFC Championship Game at RFK Stadium in DC with my Dad a few months earlier -- the Redskins beat the Cowboys on their way to a Super Bowl victory. But I had never experienced anything like what I saw and felt that day at Neyland. It was magic.

I wouldn't say that to just anyone, because most people wouldn't understand. But you guys know what I mean.

VN Store

Back