What will be our Final Ranking?

What will be the final ranking (next week) for the Volunteers in the polls for the 2023/4 campaign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I firmly believe we are 14th but will likely wind up at 16 or 17... Just wait till next year.

GO VOLS!!!

I'm pulling for Washington but if Michigan wins here's my top 20:

1 Michigan
2 Washington
3 Georgia
4 Oregon
5 Texas
6 Alabama
7 Missouri
8 Ole Miss
9 LSU
10 Ohio State
11 Penn State
12 Florida State
13 Arizona
14 Notre Dame
15 Oklahoma State
16 Oklahoma
17 Tennessee
18 Louisville
19 Clemson
20 Kansas State
21 Iowa
FSU will not be in the top 20.

I'm pulling for Washington but if Michigan wins here's my top 20:

1 Michigan
2 Washington
3 Georgia
4 Oregon
5 Texas
6 Alabama
7 Missouri
8 Ole Miss
9 LSU
10 Ohio State
11 Penn State
12 Florida State
13 Arizona
14 Notre Dame
15 Oklahoma State
16 Oklahoma
17 Tennessee
18 Louisville
19 Clemson
20 Kansas State
21 Iowa
Here is my best guess, based on how they have treated final polls in the recent past:
1/2. Michigan
1/2. Washington
3. Georgia
4. Texas
5. Alabama
6. Oregon
7. Missouri
8. Ole Miss
9. Florida State
10. Ohio State
11. Penn St.
12. Arizona
13. Notre Dame
14. LSU
15. Oklahoma
16. Tennessee
17. Oklahoma State
18. Kansas State
19. Clemson
20. Louisville
21. NC State
22. West Virginia
23. Iowa
24. Kansas
25. Oregon State

Reactions: Sarms58
What's amazing to me is I had to go back 20 years to find us consistently ranked in the top 25 like we are now. It's been 25 games in a row now that we've been inside the top 25, and with a number 1 ranking in there to boot. All at a beginning of a coaching era.

CJH has been brilliant considering the mess he came into when he took this job. We are back to relevance. We are back! Have been for a bit. I know our best days are to come. I won't be surprised if we win a natty in the next 3 years. I'm sorry I doubted the hire, but other than that I've never became a negavol. Even at our worse. Are those still a thing?

I don't think the VOLS will get any benefit of the doubt from any of the polls. We will likely scratch and claw our way to 17 or 18.

We are only guaranteed to go up 3 spots…Iowa, NC State and Oregon St….I will say we also leap Louisville because of the Kentucky win on road for us and loss at home for them. So that puts us at 17th…they won’t penalize other teams for winning games.

I think FSU will be punished severely in the final rankings for their bowl game performance. Might see them barely make the top 25.
Agreed whether or not their players opted out or who injured I think they get graded as if they were at full strength and took a loss by 60 on a neutral field. The only ones that cared about who was playing in the game was the playoff committee. The AP and coaches poll I think grade the team and performance regardless of who the team fielded that day.

Reactions: McDad
15th but thought about 16th and that is probably more likely.

Where does FSU fall to? They have one loss but that one loss was a molly whopping against the only truly good competition they played.

They were also playing their 3rd string QB, missing 20+ players and had zero desire to be in that game. Nor really fair to judge them off that.

Reactions: OrangeTsar and jp1
They were also playing their 3rd string QB, missing 20+ players and had zero desire to be in that game. Nor really fair to judge them off that.
It's about where you finish the season, not where you started. You telling me that a team that gets beaten by 60+ by a non-playoff team is a top-15 team?

I’m not sure. It will be interesting to see where FSU ranks. I firmly believe Tennessee would beat that team by four TDs if they played today. I’m sure FSU gets ranked ahead though.
Well, as a one loss team, they SHOULD be ranked ahead of us IMHO

Reactions: TrueOrange
What kind of pie is the most important question in this thread. Should be a pie pole.
Everyone fixated on SWEET pies around here 😳. Us savory Fans demand inclusion of Sheppard‘s Pie, Chicken Pot Pie, and Mincemeat pies 😅

1st Chocolate
2nd Lemon Ice Box
3rd Chocolate Chess
4th Apple Pie
5th Key Lime (a little high here I feel like it’s rare to find a good key lime pie)

I could likely do a top 25 if I felt like it. Pie is an important topic.
Where’s pecan and sweet potato

2023 is behind us so it really doesn't matter, IMO.

As Ricky Bobby says, "If you're not 1st, you're last!"

Let's go 2024!

VN Store

Back