What would you say the odds of UT being........

This is the year we beat Florida as long as we buckle down and play sound football. Their defense is stout, but not infallible. Their offense is terrible, and Sunseri isn't here to make Driskell look like a real quarterback.

Butch has got me believing.

Reactions: 2 people
Around 50%.

I'd give us a 40% - 45% chance of beating Florida and maybe a 10% - 20% chance of beating Oregon.

Florida's defense looked impressive against Miami, but their offense was more suspect. It's true that turnovers held them back, but they had difficulty getting into the end zone in spite of that. Also, not really impressive running the ball. If our D plays well, we have a great shot against Florida.

Oregon, on the other hand, seems like a bad match-up for us. They are going to relentlessly attack our secondary from the first snap onwards. Feel like our best chance against them is to slow the game down and run, run, run. Still, tough to see our D stopping that offensive machine enough to win.

Last edited:
This is the year we beat Florida as long as we buckle down and play sound football. Their defense is stout, but not infallible. Their offense is terrible, and Sunseri isn't here to make Driskell look like a real quarterback.

I said the same thing in Muschamps 1st year, Dools 2nd and was embarrassed once again.

Around 50%.

I'd give us a 40% - 45% chance of beating Florida and maybe a 10% - 20% chance of beating Oregon.

Florida's defense looked impressive against Miami, but their offense was more suspect. It's true that turnovers held them back, but they had difficulty getting into the end zone in spite of that. Also, not really impressive running the ball. If our D plays well, we have a great shot against Florida.

Oregon, on the other hand, seems like a bad match-up for us. They are going to relentlessly attack our secondary from the first snap onwards. Feel like our best chance against them is to slow the game down and run, run, run. Still, tough to see our D stopping that offensive machine enough to win.

If there's less than a 50% chance of us beating either 1 how did you come up with 50% on beating 1 of the 2? Skipped math?

Reactions: 1 person

If they didn't have a bi-week to prepare then I would say yea based off there play but as it stands no. We play Oregon who will physically wear us out and flying across the US will hurt. And UF will be rested and have a fame plan prepared.

If they didn't have a bi-week to prepare then I would say yea based off there play but as it stands no. We play Oregon who will physically wear us out and flying across the US will hurt. And UF will be rested and have a fame plan prepared.

Bi-week? So are they playing a team and not playing one? :p

Things have a way of working themselves out. We would have not been undefeated in 98 if it weren't for the stoener fumble. And WKU. 5 turnovers in 6 plays. Sounds like things are starting to go our way. We've been a number of years without having the crazy things go for us. It's our time. Go Vols

Reactions: 1 person
Florida is NOT THAT GOOD 50% at the worst. Their offense is terrible. Their D is average.

VN Store

Back