What would you say the odds of UT being........

The probability of coming out of that two game stretch with one win is about 22.22%.

Might want to get your GED before lecturing people about math, champ.

P (A or B) = P(A) + P(B) - P(A and B)

P (A and B) = P(A) * P(B)

P (A and B) = 40% * 20% = 8%

P (A or B) = 40% + 20% - 8% = 52%

Therefore, based on 40% odds for Florida and 20% odds against Oregon, the odds of winning at least one between the two would be 52%. Not that it matters since this isn't some mathematical theorem we're trying to prove and we're just having a casual conversation about the odds.

But ... ya know ... next time you want to call someone out on their math, you probably should make sure that you have some clue what you're talking about and that the other party doesn't have a PhD in a math related field.

Just some food for thought, slugger. Might come in handy when you give incorrect change at your next shift at Mickey D's.
Ladies and Gentlemen, We have a KNOCKOUT!!
I guess Other Guy loses this arguement! OG you have shown yourself to be at the 3rd grade math level (two grades above Bammer fans and Tator fans don't even qualify). You must suffer a three day ban from Volnation.

:hi:

Last edited:

Therefore, based on 40% odds for Florida and 20% odds against Oregon, the odds of winning at least one between the two would be 52%. Not that it matters since this isn't some mathematical theorem we're trying to prove and we're just having a casual conversation about the odds.

But ... ya know ... next time you want to call someone out on their math, you probably should make sure that you have some clue what you're talking about and that the other party doesn't have a PhD in a math related field.

Just some food for thought, slugger. Might come in handy when you give incorrect change at your next shift at Mickey D's.

cool. forgot some of that.

1378692645785.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Oregon - 0%
Florida - 10%
We can not tackle bad teams. These teams will embarrass us.

32.33%...repeating of course

Leeeeeeroyyyyy Jeeeeennnnkkiinnss.

Every damn year I tell myself "This is our year, we've got those damn Gators number this year!" And it never works out... So the year I refuse to get my hopes up they look very suspect against Miami and It's hard not to see a little glimmer of hope haha.

Needs a Monte Carlo simulation model. IMHO

^^^^ Yes! ^^^^^

Thank goodness for computers that can subtract to calculate change!

Chances to beat Florida is 12.5%...coming off a bye, Florida is hard to beat. But I'm waiting to see how we fair against Ducks. One game at a time.

I am not on the Butch bandwagon yet. I was not on the Dooley bandwagon.

I was on the Fulmer bandwagon. I am 100% Vol, you cut me I bleed TN orange.

With that said.

There is a 50% chance we will win this weekend @ Oregon.
A 50% chance we will beat Florida.

I thought we had a 50% chance going to the Swamp with Casey Clausen.

I think we have a 50% chance of winning the national Championship until we lose then it drops.

See where I am going. Until the final buzzer I am 100% sure, that we have a 50% chance of winning or losing any game.

If the Vol team buckles down and gets back to playing true SEC football, hard nosed, running, stonewall defense type stuff, then those chances may jump, until then its a 50% chance at any game.
(Except Alabama, wearing orange gives us a 30% more chance of winning until the first snap.)

I noticed you schooled me and realized the error in my judgement. I was reading the question wrong. When I saw your low percentage I read your post as if you were saying, "I don't think we will beat Oregon. I don't think we will beat Florida. I do think we'll beat one of them."

You were saying there's a 50% chance of beating ONE of them. I was thinking you were saying we'd win 50% of those two. Again, my mistake. I took a shot at your intelligence because of my ignorance of the question. My apologies.

In fact, I'm digging through my tote of shoes looking for my boots... I'll let you know what they taste like.

:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I noticed you schooled me and realized the error in my judgement. I was reading the question wrong. When I saw your low percentage I read your post as if you were saying, "I don't think we will beat Oregon. I don't think we will beat Florida. I do think we'll beat one of them."

You were saying there's a 50% chance of beating ONE of them. I was thinking you were saying we'd win 50% of those two. Again, my mistake. I took a shot at your intelligence because of my ignorance of the question. My apologies.

In fact, I'm digging through my tote of shoes looking for my boots... I'll let you know what they taste like.

:hi:[/QUOTE
I've got to give you credit, you take a beat down with class!

I think we should have an easier time getting up for florida with them being a rivalry game. Also, they seem to be struggling much more than oregon. However, they do have a week off to prepare, but the game with oregon should be a stiffer test than florida. That should help prepare us for the florida game.

VN Store

Back