What's the worst College Football stadium that Y'all have attended a game at?

Easily the old Orange Bowl in Miami...place was a dump when we played the Canes there.

Maybe a dump for football but I watched the Rolling Stones there in the late 1980s on their Steel Wheels tour. One of the best concerts I ever attended. The stack of amps/speakers on the stage stood from the field level and were taller than the top of the upper deck of the Orange Bowl. Truely a wall of sound coming at you. The local Cuban joints outside the stadium were a trip to go to after the concert as well. Miami Vice era.........

Worst stadium for football:

Had to be Archbold Stadium at Syracuse University. Our HS football team would go there at the end of the season to watch a game. The seats were not seats at all but two painted lines on the concrete slab steps with a number in between the lines. You sat on the concrete for 60 minutes. When it rained, your seat was wet from rain pouring down the stadium bowl. Concessions were sold at one end of the stadium that was open. Bathrooms were 2nd to no other I have ever been in. Just a trench in the floor you pee'd in. Place was torn down in the late 70s when they built the Carrier Dome.

I'm a Georgia Tech fan as well as a Tennessee Fan. The worst stadium I've been to(mostly for NO atmosphere) is Grant Field-Bobby Dodd Stadium. I say that as someone who has followed GT as well as Tennessee since I was a Kid.

I really actually like Grant field, it has history and a sense of heritage .....no it's not the most modern of venues, but I guess that is what I like about it. I would put Grant field and the surrounding area and traditions as one of my top 5 experiences, and I'm not a big Tech fan......just went to a game there because my dad went there.

Legion field is a dump, but one time we were invited inside the house where we parked to use the facilities, and my orange clad wife took them up on the offer. After Mr. Manning torched them we were cussed out after the game, but not by the same people of course.

Legion field is a dump, but one time we were invited inside the house where we parked to use the facilities, and my orange clad wife took them up on the offer. After Mr. Manning torched them we were cussed out after the game, but not by the same people of course.

95 or 97?

VN Store

Back