What's the worst College Football stadium that Y'all have attended a game at?

[/B]
This might need a little further clarification. What's an "extremely weak game atmosphere"?

I will explain further from my last trip. The stadium was not full at kick-off. The kick-off and the "sic-em" barking was weak. Crowd noise was not a factor and I don't know if it is stadium design but a crowd that large should make somewhat of an impact. The place seemed better when I went in the mid 90's but there was quite a larger Vol contingent then. One very large positive is that the ladies are still top shelf.

My high school(RL Osborne in Marietta) went 0-10 My senior year and scored 15 points. They were down 55-0 to McEachern at Halftime and it was called because of lightning and there really wasn't any

I graduated from sprayberry in '06. If I remember correctly the only game we won that year was against Osborne. 35-0 I think. We also set the state record at the time for the most home losses in a row my senior year.

Reactions: 1 person
Rose Bowl - might seat 100k but if you get lucky enough to be on one of the last rows you're closer to San Diego than the game.

Old Cotton Bowl - you dont have to worry about someone putting their knees into your back. Your head will be right in their line of sight to the field. Just like the person in front of you is.

Vandy's stadium isn't bad, it's small, but not bad. But holy hell do they need to fix the bathroom situation there. I missed almost the whole 3rd quarter once waiting in line to pee. They had 2 or 3 urinals, and 2 stalls, it was absurd

I thought the ratio would be different since most Vandy fans sit down to pee.

I see you are from Rocky Mount. How can you be a Bucs fan??? I went to Wilson-Fike, and my worst sports memory was in a game vs. Rocky Mount.
As for college football out that way, I'd rather go to a ECU game than almost any of the bigger schools. UNC facilities are beautiful, but I was taught to hate them because my dad went to NCSU.

UNC games are great if you need some peace and quiet to catch up on some reading or catch a snooze. You do realize that Tampa's home unis were orange and white?

Legion Field is the most God Awful Field. It sux UAB has to go across town and into the Ghetto to play at that run down POS excuse for a stadium.

Legion Field is the most God Awful Field. It sux UAB has to go across town and into the Ghetto to play at that run down POS excuse for a stadium.

UAB could play their home games at Mountain Brook High School in Birmingham and not sell it out. That shows you how little UAB football is followed in Alabama

Dudley Field is a frickin joke - worst one I've been in. Vandy should be banned from the SEC because of that latrine - our team should not have to go there. We deserve to play on LP Field simply because we are the state team.
Worst surrounding area was Legion Field - and it's not even close. Even the Liberty Bowl area looked upscale compared to this she-ithouse.

Orange bowl

Citrus bowl

Old gator bowl

All of the on campus facilities I have been to are nicer

The Orange Bowl had an old school charm about it. Miami's football program hasn't been the same since they moved to that generic, clinical looking boxy stadium off the Turnpike.

The Citrus Bowl is a dump, but the old Gator Bowl was worse. You couldn't call a fade route inside the 10yd line because there was literally no space between corners of the end zone, and the fence that surrounded the field.

Worst college stadium experience for me is Vanderbilt.

Most overrated was Clemson.

My high school(RL Osborne in Marietta) went 0-10 My senior year and scored 15 points. They were down 55-0 to McEachern at Halftime and it was called because of lightning and there really wasn't any
Called a lot of baseball there. :censored: field.

Haven't been there in years, but you've got to figure that it hasn't improved much since they condemned it and took the upper deck off of it.

I'd also echo those that have mentioned the Liberty Bowl. It's a bad stadium and every time I've been there I've frozen to death.
Here I thot it was just me.

Want to know the coldestassedday in Memphis every year? Liberty Bowl game.

Haven't been there in years, but you've got to figure that it hasn't improved much since they condemned it and took the upper deck off of it.

I'd also echo those that have mentioned the Liberty Bowl. It's a bad stadium and every time I've been there I've frozen to death.

The LB is COLD - that wind rips through north to south - I actually think vandy is a worse stadium but at least you have some good teams come through - the LB is just an awful atmosphere.

AH - almost forgot - Cal Berkley - what a DUMP - people living in trees, no bathrooms just port o johns all over the place. not to mention the town doesn't have enough waitstaff to man the bars on a real gameday. One train per hour when you are trying to leave - horrible, horrible gameday experience.

Last edited:
California...porta poties ring the walk way..stdium is dug into the side of a hill...no electricity inside the stadium except to scoreboard..stands on one sideline collapsed a few years ago and were rebuilt with planks with 2 by 4's..oh yeah.. BTW the seats are 70 year old wooden bleachers..

Orange Bowl a close second

Last edited:

VN Store

Back