Which 2 do you prefer, if we go 10-2?

Which two of OK, FL, Bama, and UGa do you most want to beat?

• OK and the Gators

Votes: 28 8.9%
  • Sooners and Bama

Votes: 20 6.4%
  • Oklahoma and UGa

Votes: 41 13.1%
  • Gators and Bama

Votes: 113 36.0%
  • Gators and Dawgs

Votes: 50 15.9%
  • the Pachyderms and Georgia

Votes: 62 19.7%

• Total voters
I’m going to get slaughtered for this one but this is kinda a dumb question and at some point the Florida series turns.. but as bad as Florida is you HAVE to win that game if we go 10-2 and get beat by a 5-6/6-6 Florida team that might be our nail in the coffin.. I think we can beat everyone on our schedule not named Georgia honestly and even that game could be winnable… now with that said I still think 10-2 is prob our ceiling

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I mean given the choice you can’t lose to Florida or Bama. Arguments can be made about a Georgia win but I can’t bring myself to hate Georgia as much as Florida or Bama.
It has to be Florida and Alabama. And with Florida it isn’t just about hate. We just can’t lose to this Florida team at home with this Tennessee team. If we do, when are we ever going to get them out of our heads?

Normally I go with Gators and Bama without blinking, but I'm going to the OU game with a friend who's a huge OU fan. I would prefer not to make that flight home having to listen to him brag. Again...(we went to the series 10 years ago home and away).

Reactions: AllVols
This poll shows we still got a hill to climb, I can't imagine having this Poll in 1998, accepting -2. Then we were going undefeated in pre-season the believe has not got back yet. I think this year could be the year to turn the page.

This team won't lose to Florida. What you doubters don't see, but Nathan does, is we got three J. Jennings on this team.
Listen. Hear that? The drone of a flight of Wright R-1820-97 "Cyclone" turbo-supercharged radial engine powered flyers. The
bomb bays open, the payloads are released by Captain Nico. Doom! Doom! Doom! Anatomical parts of swamp lizards
fly every which way. Knoxville resonates with the futile roars and desperate cries of reptiles.Doom!

Out on the Tennessee River, Godzilla, who was coming to the rescue, saw the carnage. Turned around and went home.
The Vols figured to let the oversized iguana go. And decided, save the Tokyo Terror for another day. This team won't lose to Florida.

This team won't lose to Florida. What you doubters don't see, but Nathan does, is we got three J. Jennings on this team.
Listen. Hear that? The drone of a flight of Wright R-1820-97 "Cyclone" turbo-supercharged radial engine powered flyers. The
bomb bays open, the payloads are released by Captain Nico. Doom! Doom! Doom! Anatomical parts of swamp lizards
fly every which way. Knoxville resonates with the futile roars and desperate cries of reptiles.Doom!

Out on the Tennessee River, Godzilla, who was coming to the rescue, saw the carnage. Turned around and went home.
The Vols figured to let the oversized iguana go. And decided, save the Tokyo Terror for another day. This team won't lose to Florida.
Call it my last lingering symptoms of BVS; but I felt the same last year before my Vols broke my heart yet again against the gators. This is still one where I say „show me“. Even in 2022 the win was needlessly close. I want to absolutely demolish the swamp lizards in an historic beatdown.

As great as it would be to beat UGA and OK on the road...

Beating FL and AL in back to back weeks at home would be the sweetest and I'd argue the best for our longevity and their detriment.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Any combination including Florida is the wrong choice. Would be inexcusable to lose to them this year. We need a 1990 style beat down on them this year to get the stench of the last 30 years out. Disgusts me how we find ways to lose to them every year.
I would argue that it's an absolute must win.

Thus program needs to get over the Florida voodoo. Losing to them at home could derail our season, because if we lose that, we probably lose to Bama the next week, then there's another bye week and all the negativity would fester.

Beat Oklahoma and Florida and 10-2 is ours to lose.

Call it my last lingering symptoms of BVS; but I felt the same last year before my Vols broke my heart yet again against the gators. This is still one where I say „show me“. Even in 2022 the win was needlessly close. I want to absolutely demolish the swamp lizards in an historic beatdown.
This series, as well the one vs Kentucky, are clear evidence that PROGRAMS are more than just the collection of TEAMS they field each year.

There's something that lives on from season to season, even if a lot of the roster, or perhaps the coaching staff, change out.

Streaks matter. History matters. Even with a pile of freshmen and new coaches who "don't know nothin' about the streak," it still matters.

I said a week ago in another thread that programs differ from teams the way climate differs from the weather. And the climate is slow to change. It is incremental.

Well, reversing the streak against the Gators is going to be incremental in the same way.

FIrst step: don't lose in blowouts; keep games close.
Second step: start winning the home games, even if it's still close.
Third step: start winning an away game sometimes, and be more commanding with home wins.
Fourth step: dominate most of the time, home or away.

We're very early in this process. Probably at step 2, maybe about to ease into step 3 (next year will tell that tale). Actually, if we win in a commanding fashion at home this year, that's part of step 3 as well.

As with everything else he does, Josh Heupel seems to be getting us there quicker than might be typical. I for one am looking forward to it.

Go Vols!

I will always want to beat Bama. And we need to beat UGA sooner rather than later.

But if we win both of those games, I just can't see us losing to UF or OK, so let's beat em all.

So this hypothetical starts with an assumption: assume we will go 10-2 this fall.

Question is: which two do we beat, of the biggest four challenges?

And by biggest four, I mean: Oklahoma, Florida (just because of the psych factor of that series), Bama, and Georgia.

To get to 10-2, we gotta beat (at least) two of those four. So which would you most prefer?

I'm gonna go with Bama and Florida. Biggest rivals of my lifetime, even if Florida is way down lately, and Bama is a bit of an unknown with a new coach.

Naturally, I'm hoping for us to go 12-0, or at worst 11-1. But if we GOT to temper our appetites, which 2 of those 4 would you most want Ws over?

Go Vols!
I'm saying 12-0 until it doesn't happen

Perfectly understandable.

So this hypothetical starts with an assumption: assume we will go 10-2 this fall.

Question is: which two do we beat, of the biggest four challenges?

And by biggest four, I mean: Oklahoma, Florida (just because of the psych factor of that series), Bama, and Georgia.

To get to 10-2, we gotta beat (at least) two of those four. So which would you most prefer?

I'm gonna go with Bama and Florida. Biggest rivals of my lifetime, even if Florida is way down lately, and Bama is a bit of an unknown with a new coach.

Naturally, I'm hoping for us to go 12-0, or at worst 11-1. But if we GOT to temper our appetites, which 2 of those 4 would you most want Ws over?

Go Vols!
Calling for 10-2 makes as much sense as 9-3 or 12-0.

It depends on the schedule.

If we lose to OU and FLA
but Beat UGA, Bama and everybody else to end the season, then beat Texas in Atlanta.

Then beat Oregon 1st round
Then Houston in the Semifinal.
Then destroy Ohio State in the National Championship then I will take the gut punches early
Vs losing late, and not getting Atlanta or the playoffs and some lame Bowl Game while losing some big time commitments…

Florida will likely be somewhere between 1-4 and 3-2 when we play them. We cannot lose to another bad Florida team. Can. Not.

I don't care much about Oklahoma.

I'd rather get one over on Bama versus UGA.

VN Store

Back