Which Vols Are In Nfl Combine?

So I should give a guy another chance because he wanted to be like someone else? I should feel bad because he got himself all the way up to how ever much he got up to? I should feel bad for him because he over trained for the combine? I should feel bad for him because he thinks he is good?

Please give me a break!!! Clarett is not fast he played in the slow big 10!! So he looked fast! In the national title game Miami held him to 40 something yards! His two touchdowns in the game came inside the ten yard line!

Clarett is playing the I feel bad for what I did in the past role please draft me and give me a chance. I hope teams dont give him a chance. If they do they are wasting their time! He will turn on them if he doesnt get what he wants ask Ohio State!

come on now. don't have to say all that. He did lead his team to a national championship, something no of our back have done in the last 6 years. all I am saying is that the guy has had it hard. First the nfl changes their rule, then they cange it back so he can't go to college. Ohio state gave him a raw deal. he has no one to turn to. The man said he will play special teams to be able to play in the nfl. I say he should go to new england. there looking for guys who no how to win, handle their buisness, and give guys second chances. Last time I checked, their qb came out of the sorry big 10 and he turned out alright.

Nobody's asking you to feel bad for anybody. We're just commenting that there are a lot of people that seem to revel in Clarett's misfortune. What's the point?

exactly. the guy had a bad day. I mean when there are scouts joking and saying they can run their forty faster than him, there is just no room for that.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 28, 2005 9:29 PM
come on now. don't have to say all that. He did lead his team to a national championship, something no of our back have done in the last 6 years. all I am saying is that the guy has had it hard. First the nfl changes their rule, then they cange it back so he can't go to college. Ohio state gave him a raw deal. he has no one to turn to. The man said he will play special teams to be able to play in the nfl. I say he should go to new england. there looking for guys who no how to win, handle their buisness, and give guys second chances. Last time I checked, their qb came out of the sorry big 10 and he turned out alright.

Wow man get some of your facts straight! The NFL never changed its rule!!! A circut judge said he could enter and the NFL would have taken it all the way to the Supreme Court had they had to!

Also Ohio State's D lead them to a national title! Not the Offense the offense at Ohio State has been Nugent for the last 3 years!

Please explain how Ohio State gave him a raw deal? Only thing I see they ever did wrong to him was they did not allow for him to go to a friends funeral back home while they prepared for the national title game! Everything else he brought on himself!

so your saying that they would have won the national championship without clarett? anyways I'm done on him.

does anyone know how our guys did at the combine. was colquitt and brown impressive? and did houston get to go?

I think that the RB talent this year is probably a little strong for Ced to look great... He will go, but whether or not he will do well is up to question.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 28, 2005 9:45 PM
so your saying that they would have won the national championship without clarett?

Yes I am!!! That D was unreal!

Clarrett ran a 4.6 at last year's combine, and he was out of shape then. I read that article and it made sense. I believe he will get an oppertunity somewhere. But leaving the combine doesn't make a good impression on anyone.

Originally posted by cookeville_vol@Mar 1, 2005 12:40 PM
... leaving the combine doesn't make a good impression on anyone.

No doubt -That was probably not the best move on his part. But then again, it didn't really matter what he did after his lackluster 40 time. There's nothing he could have done that would have made up for that.

personally, i think the 40 means nothing. anquain boldin ran a 4.6 in the combine and look how good he is now. Clarett is a football player, he will get the job done in a game when asked. Just ask every team they played in their champion season.

It probably means more for a running back than any other position though. With the way NFL D-linemen attack the line of scrimmage, the difference between a 4.5 and a 4.6 is the difference between hitting a hole and getting stuffed in the backfield.

yeah true. I just can't wait to see is individual workout. Hows our volunteers doing?

Wow..sure was alot of hate for DG and DP. I was just trying to point out that a supposedly slow, un-mobile QB ran faster than Clarette (who could turn out to be a steal or could turn out to be a bust).

Hows our volunteers doing?

I here Kevin Burnette is really impressing alot of scouts. That all I have heard so far.

Burnett and Colquitt are gonna go fairly high. Munoz and Houston will probably drafted as well. That's what I think. I don't know why any of you won't put DC that high... He is one of the better punters to play the game in a while.

Originally posted by vols2345@Mar 1, 2005 2:23 PM
personally, i think the 40 means nothing. anquain boldin ran a 4.6 in the combine and look how good he is now. Clarett is a football player, he will get the job done in a game when asked. Just ask every team they played in their champion season.

40's mean everything in the following positions- RB's, DL's,CB's,LB's

It doesnt mean anything to a WR because there are different types of WR's you have speed WR's and possession WR's and they have the whole field to work with!

As for an RB they have to be able to hit the corner! If they do not have the speed to hit the corner then your team is in trouble if they can not run up the middle!

But there are some type of people that are just not good at running 40 (terrell suggs for example), but when they get on the football field and there running to people or away from people, they have a whole new gear. you never know, that maybe that is how clarett is.

Originally posted by vols2345@Mar 1, 2005 5:33 PM
But there are some type of people that are just not good at running 40 (terrell suggs for example), but when they get on the football field and there running to people or away from people, they have a whole new gear. you never know, that maybe that is how clarett is.

Wow Terrell Suggs is a DL/LB and ran a 4.5 or 4.6 so that is still good! Clarett ran away from slow 10 defenders!! When he played in the national title game he could not break away from a team with NFL speed! So I dont see him if he makes the NFL breaking away from anyone!

His problem in the national championship game was breaking tackles. If you dont remeber he had that big shoulder problem but gutted it out for the michigan game (scored game winning touchdown) and miami game ( 2 touchdowns). and Miami whole defense from that year was drafted in the first or secnd year. lets see atrell rolle (going in the first round this year), sean taylor ( 1st round to the redskins), vince wolfork, jeromoe mcdougle, johnathan vilma, D.J. williams, Maruice sikes. Also I didnt see mcgahee running over ohio state before his tragic knee injury, and look how he turned out.

Originally posted by Fadeproof@Mar 1, 2005 6:10 PM
Wow..sure was alot of hate for DG and DP.

Fade, it's not hate. I only pick on Greene and Pollack because they are so damn good. :bow:

Originally posted by vols2345@Mar 1, 2005 7:29 PM
His problem in the national championship game was breaking tackles. If you dont remeber he had that big shoulder problem but gutted it out for the michigan game (scored game winning touchdown) and miami game ( 2 touchdowns). and Miami whole defense from that year was drafted in the first or secnd year. lets see atrell rolle (going in the first round this year), sean taylor ( 1st round to the redskins), vince wolfork, jeromoe mcdougle, johnathan vilma, D.J. williams, Maruice sikes. Also I didnt see mcgahee running over ohio state before his tragic knee injury, and look how he turned out.

Yea that competition in the Slow 10 was great let me tell ya!! Willis proved what he could do all year against much faster teams! And if I'm not mistaken Clarett hurt his shoulder waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy before the Michigan game so I dont want to hear it! Like I said before the 2 touchdowns he scored against Miami came inside the 10 yard line and I know one was in OT dont know when the other one was.

VN Store

Back