Whistleblower alleges he was told by administration to downplay white supremacy threat

The problem with this tactic is that it becomes the boy who cries wolf. There's been like three things this week and each of them shut down. The Bob Woodward tapes are inconsequential. It's a classic democrats accuse Trump of something that they either did or went even further with. It's pathetic tbh.

I have a completely different take on the tapes, having listened to the excerpts that were released the other night. To me, its not the substance of what he said that is in any way surprising. I mean, of course he downplayed the virus. Everyone can see that, its not news. He's still doing that now. Duh.

The significance to me is that they sound like Trump bragging about what he knows, and how he is so important he has to downplay the virus to prevent panic. Its his ego shining through yet again, which is why he did it despite being warned by staff not to. I feel like he gave the interviews because Woodward is such an iconic figure in American politics and Trump wanted to prove he "belonged" at this level.

Trump doesn't care that his words are coming back to haunt him. He relishes the fact that anyone else cares because that fact alone feeds his massive ego.

Reactions: lostsheep
I have a completely different take on the tapes, having listened to the excerpts that were released the other night. To me, its not the substance of what he said that is in any way surprising. I mean, of course he downplayed the virus. Everyone can see that, its not news. He's still doing that now. Duh.

The significance to me is that they sound like Trump bragging about what he knows, and how he is so important he has to downplay the virus to prevent panic. Its his ego shining through yet again, which is why he did it despite being warned by staff not to. I feel like he gave the interviews because Woodward is such an iconic figure in American politics and Trump wanted to prove he "belonged" at this level.

Trump doesn't care that his words are coming back to haunt him. He relishes the fact that anyone else cares because that fact alone feeds his massive ego.
Fauci doesn't find much of a difference. Perhaps independently Trump thought it was going to be worse like we all did in the Rona thread in early January? You get too caught up in satisfying your ego assumptions imo.

I dont see this energy about democrats refusing to attend the meetings or downplaying it a month later.

Good point. If the public thinks Trump is an egotistical ass, they'll never elect him president.

Reactions: Y9 Vol
As someone who knows an fbi agent who is anti Trump, the threat of Antifa and BLM is real in those circles. The threat of "White Supremacy" is due to mostly retaliation. Unfortunately I don't get much else from him except an occasional "don't be in a crowded place this weekend" texts. I think he's f&#$ing with me with that.
'
BS!. Complete BS.

Lol yeah OK. The designation of racially motivated violent extremists isn't defined as only white supremacists. Again, I'll trust the guy I've known since college who is actually working on this direct thing. You do you.
Do you want to start with the left wing or antifa terrorism examples and I can follow with the white supremacist examples? Your imaginary black buddy in the FBI is FOS as is you. The White Supremacist as a retaliatory to antifa or the left wing extremest is BS.

VN Store

Back