White on white or the orange pants this weekend?

White on white or the orange pants this weekend?

Whichever uniform combo includes big-boy britches. They should wear those...

You are right. How is this? I like the look of the orange pants but it seems over the past 10 years we don't win with them on. I cringe when I hear the CBS theme song for football because I correlate it with losing in the 3:30 spot. I sure do love my Vols though.:happy:
Much better!!😊 I know what your saying.. Seems to me we haven't won much of anything no matter what we wear... I Love my Vols too!

White on White is right

Mtdcy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
In a perfect world I love the Orange pants. In reality I honestly think they are cursed to lose. 2 things are very much a certainty with UT football. 1. We will lose with the Orange pants. 2. We will lose against Florida in the 3:30 CBS slot.

How many games have we lost in the white pants in the past 5 years? A whole lot more.

This "cursed" stuff is stupid.

You are right. How is this? I like the look of the orange pants but it seems over the past 10 years we don't win with them on. I cringe when I hear the CBS theme song for football because I correlate it with losing in the 3:30 spot. I sure do love my Vols though.:happy:

Well let's think about that a minute...the "past 10 years".

Over half those years were Fulmer years, and he basically got rid of the orange pants for his entire 16 years here. He wore them 3 times, 2 of them in his last 2 seasons.

That's also the time our program dropped like a rock, so blaming the orange pants for losing the past 3-4 seasons is silly because we simply weren't good at all. By that logic the all white look is cursed because we've lost the last 3 games wearing them too.

Nobody talks about the white pants being "cursed" and we've lost a whole lot more games in those.

I said the same thing in another thread. Its a terrible feeling. It's like we've already lost when I hear that opening intro..

The intro sparks a hope that the Vols are about to do something special. That feeling is usually gone by 4:00 pm.

Over half those years were Fulmer years, and he basically got rid of the orange pants for his entire 16 years here. He wore them 3 times, 2 of them in his last 2 seasons.

That's also the time our program dropped like a rock, so blaming the orange pants for losing the past 3-4 seasons is silly because we simply weren't good at all. By that logic the all white look is cursed because we've lost the last 3 games wearing them too.

Nobody talks about the white pants being "cursed" and we've lost a whole lot more games in those.

Thank you very, very much for saving me the bother of, once again, refuting this nonsensical "curse" associated with orange pants. In the past, I have done so by posting youtube links to many of the great road victories achieved during the Majors era while clad in orange pants, including the Miracle at South Bend and the 1990 Cotton Bowl. For those of you seeking further documentation on this point, consult post 158 of http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...all-5-uniform-combos-year-11.html#post9020875.

The issue is that we never win in the orange pants. We used to win in white pants on a regular basis.

IN Jed, "never" is a very dangerous word; it backs you into a corner from which there is no retreat. Incidentally, how far back does your memory go with respect to the use of orange pants by Tennessee? If you are under the age of twenty-five, I can forgive your lack of familiarity with these games and the orange pants we wore as we emerged victorious in each of them:

1980 Auburn game (42-0). See Vols Blast Auburn 42-0 in 1980 - YouTube.

1983 Alabama game. See 1983 Tennessee 41 Alabama 34 - 2nd Half (PPV) - YouTube.

1985 Alabama game. See 1985 Tennessee 16 Alabama 14 in Birmingham (TBS) - YouTube.

1989 UCLA game (Debut of Cobb-Webb tandem). See 1989 Tennessee vs. UCLA (Video 1 - Pay Per View) - YouTube.

1989 LSU game. See 1989 Tennessee 45 LSU 39 - YouTube.

1990 Cotton Bowl (Webb runs wild against Arkansas). See 1990 Cotton Bowl -CBS-Video 1 - Tennessee vs. Arkansas - YouTube.

1991 Notre Dame game ("Miracle at South Bend"). See 1991 MIracle at South Bend (Tenn 35 Notre Dame 34) - YouTube

That doesn't include the host of road games played during that period against Vandy, Kentucky, and other lightweight SEC programs or opponents of similar caliber that we played during that period. When you consider that Fulmer flat out did not like orange pants, we have very few instances from his era to add to this list of games won when we wore white jerseys and orange pants.

I have no illusions that this information will put to rest all nonsensical assertions which "doom" us to defeat when we wear specific uniform combinations. Unfortunately, I am certain that even incontrovertible evidence will not be accepted by people who are predisposed to dislike specific uniforms.

I can assure you it doesn't matter the color pants. What does matter is the talent level and inconsistency in coaching. Color of our jerseys is ridiculous

VN Store

Back