Who do you think will win?

• Total voters
I know the Pac is lacking D right now... Although not quite as bad as it seems, because the Pac-10 IMO is the most talented conference in the land in terms of offense.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jul 21, 2005 4:31 PM
the Pac-10 IMO is the most talented conference in the land in terms of offense.
[snapback]116644[/snapback]​

I'm SHOCKED to hear you say that. :D

Originally posted by ttrogvol@Jul 21, 2005 7:28 PM
gerald riggs jr.
cmon now he ll have about 2000 yards rushing
[snapback]116724[/snapback]​

:laugh1: ....hes gotta get eligable first ;)

Originally posted by milohimself@Jul 21, 2005 4:31 PM
I know the Pac is lacking D right now... Although not quite as bad as it seems, because the Pac-10 IMO is the most talented conference in the land in terms of offense.
[snapback]116644[/snapback]​

:shakehead:

Originally posted by milohimself@Jul 21, 2005 10:39 PM
Hey, I admitted our D is not very good. What more do you want?
[snapback]116806[/snapback]​

The science of deductive reasoning, my young lad, lends the logical and accurate conclusion that a conference which plays each other in numerous contests, with poor defense, produces gaudy offensive statistics simply because there is little defense to stop the offense.

You see, in the Pac-10, someone has to eventually get tired of running up and down the field first. :p

Originally posted by milohimself@Jul 21, 2005 11:39 PM
Hey, I admitted our D is not very good. What more do you want?
[snapback]116806[/snapback]​

Well, if the D in the Pac-10 isn't good, it probably means that the offense in the Pac-10 is going to be pretty good.

It's like teams in the NFL getting to play the Chiefs and Colts, teams with bad D make offenses look a lot better.

Who cares after Peyton got the shaft?! I hope none of our players get dragged into the hype and lose their concentration.

If Tedford keeps things rolling at Cal, look out for Marshawn Lynch. This kid averaged over 9 yards per carry as JJ Arrington's backup. And I'm also suprised Laurence Maroney got no votes.

Lynch is a soph.

With that, even if he is the best player in the country, I dont think he wins.

Well, I will say this. You remember those four years that Oregon was real good? That was Tedford. Two names to watch out for -- Ayoob and Lynch. Maybe not legit Heisman contenders yet, but at least one of them will break loose.

Originally posted by hillbilly@Aug 5, 2005 7:17 PM
Who cares after Peyton got the shaft?! I hope none of our players get dragged into the hype and lose their concentration.
[snapback]122219[/snapback]​

You mean they still give that stupid trophy away. I hadn't noticed :D . Seriously, if anyone from UT were to somehow become the frontrunner, I'm sure that espn would decide that the trophy needs to go to a punter this year. After all, a punter has never won the award. :rolleyes:

Mahelona for Heisman!

That would be hilarious . . . He needs to start doing the Heisman pose a la Desmond Howard after sacks or tackles for loss.

Originally posted by GenNeyland9@Aug 10, 2005 10:07 AM
Mahelona for Heisman!

That would be hilarious . . . He needs to start doing the Heisman pose a la Desmond Howard after sacks or tackles for loss.
[snapback]125197[/snapback]​

:lolabove: :eek:lol: :lolabove: :eek:lol:

Best line I've read all day.

And we need to use him like the '85 Bears used the fridge down around the goal line.

Mahelona's stats for 2005:

8 Sacks, 25 Tackles for Loss, 12 rushing TDs.

HA!

It is such a meaningless exercise these days, why would we care.

ESPN controls 75% of the thought process. They will choose their darling and push them as long as ratings are good, and when that fails, they'll dump him for someone who will create more interest for their network.

Truth be damned.

Charles Woodson my arse.

The same poll pretty much is on ESPN.com. DeAngelo Williams, surprisingly, is winning in a landslide. I don't think he'll win it, but he's gotten enough preseason pub. that if he can back it up on the field he should at least get the trip to NYC. He must have a good game against UT to have a chance, and he probably needs to break the NCAA all purpose yards record or the NCAA all time rushing record to win.

VN Store

Back