Who do you think will win?

• Total voters
He could win it, because he'll probably rack up the stats now that C-USA is worse now without Louisville.

Reggie Bush - he and Ginn are the most electrifying players but Bush has a head start.

Leinhart will have to outdue himself from last year or not have any strong competitors to repeat IMHO.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 10, 2005 8:39 PM
He could win it, because he'll probably rack up the stats now that C-USA is worse now without Louisville.
[snapback]125350[/snapback]​

I was going to say the same thing about Reggie Bush and the Pac 10 :wink2:

Bush.

My brother actually has first hand experience of what it was like to try and stop him, obviously he and his team were unsuccessful.

I agree with previous posts on Bush and Ginn Jr. I will watch USC and Ohio State games just to see them touch the ball.

I agree with previous posts on Bush and Ginn Jr. I will watch USC and Ohio State games just to see them touch the ball.

I agree 100%. No doubt that these two could arguable be these most awe-inspiring players in the land.

Originally posted by duckman398686@Jul 19, 2005 3:59 PM
Archie Griffin won the hieisman 2 times during the 70s. He was a running back for ohio state.
[snapback]115981[/snapback]​

duckman's right. I remember Griffin winning it twice. I may be wrong but I think he's the only one to ever win two in a row. Of course back then, it was just as senseless as it is now. In my opinion, nobody who ever won the heisman was the best in college football that year, especially that defensive back from Michigan (I forget his name) who beat out Manning.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Jul 20, 2005 4:10 PM
The media will be obsessed with Vince Young, like they were Michael Vick....Also wwatch out for Marcus Vick, if the media becomes obsessed with him.
[snapback]116270[/snapback]​

Marcus Vick? Is he outa jail already?

Originally posted by wncvolfan@Aug 13, 2005 3:48 PM
duckman's right.  I remember Griffin winning it twice.  I may be wrong but I think he's the only one to ever win two in a row.  Of course back then, it was just as senseless as it is now.  In my opinion, nobody who ever won the heisman was the best in college football that year, especially that defensive back from Michigan (I forget his name) who beat out Manning.
[snapback]126238[/snapback]​

That was Charles Woodson. And after reading the Heisman Trophy website, they said they awards it to the most outstanding player, which means not necesarilly the best. I hate to say it, but I think the fact that Manning never beat Florida while Michigan were undefeated national champs that season really helped Woodson win the trophy. A player is always more outstanding on a more outstanding team, that's just the way it works.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 13, 2005 6:52 PM
That was Charles Woodson. And after reading the Heisman Trophy website, they said they awards it to the most outstanding player, which means not necesarilly the best. I hate to say it, but I think the fact that Manning never beat Florida while Michigan were undefeated national champs that season really helped Woodson win the trophy. A player is always more outstanding on a more outstanding team, that's just the way it works.
[snapback]126251[/snapback]​

I agree. That makes sense to me but somebody must have have changed the criteria somewhat as the years went by. I remember a guy named Paul Hornung in the 50's winning it while playing for a Notre Dame team that had a LOSING RECORD that year.

Who cares about the Heisman anymore?

It has gone so far downhill in meaning the last few years

Originally posted by U-T@Aug 14, 2005 7:27 PM
Who cares about the Heisman anymore?

It has gone so far downhill in meaning the last few years
[snapback]126621[/snapback]​

You're right. They always award it before the major bowl games, which is just plain lousy timing. The one that sticks out in my mind the most was the year Eddie George won it. Tommie Frazier from Nebraska came in second. At the Citrus Bowl Tennesee's defense made Eddie look kinda ordinary. Frazier, on the other hand, ate Florida alive in the Fiesta Bowl (which I enjoyed immensely, by the way) and the Huskers won the National Championship in a runaway. On Frazier's last touchdown run, he BROKE 11 TACKLES. I have the tape and I've run that play over and over and counted the broken tackles just to be sure I'm not seeing things. I think that was the greatest run I've ever seen at any level. If they had awarded AFTER the bowls, there's no way George wins it. (Of course there's no way Peyton Manning could have won it either, after what happened in the Orange Bowl. Looks like I've painted myself into a corner....AGAIN.)

Originally posted by wncvolfan@Aug 14, 2005 9:05 PM
You're right.  They always award it before the major bowl games, which is just plain lousy timing.  The one that sticks out in my mind the most was the year Eddie George won it.  Tommie Frazier from Nebraska came in second.  At the Citrus Bowl Tennesee's defense made Eddie look kinda ordinary.  Frazier, on the other hand, ate Florida alive in the Fiesta Bowl (which I enjoyed immensely, by the way) and the Huskers won the National Championship in a runaway. On Frazier's last touchdown run, he BROKE 11 TACKLES.  I have the tape and I've run that play over and over and counted the broken tackles just to be sure I'm not seeing things.  I think that was the greatest run I've ever seen at any level.  If they had awarded AFTER the bowls, there's no way George wins it.  (Of course there's no way Peyton Manning could have won it either, after what happened in the Orange Bowl.  Looks like I've painted myself into a corner....AGAIN.)
[snapback]126638[/snapback]​

It's tough to argue agaisnt Eddie George, while Tenn played a good game against him, what he did in the season was unreal. He had nearly 2,000 yards, 12 consecutvie 100 yard games, over 200 yards in 3 games including a 314 yard performance, he was just dominant against all teams that season.

VN Store

Back