Who Helps UT Football More? Ole Miss or Vandy?

CWGvol

Aside from who you want to win, which teams loss or win helps us more this year?

Of course most of us want vandy to lose more, including me. However, I think Ole Miss is more of a threat to be a thorn in our side. Vandy will never be a sustained threat while ole miss won't ever be much of one but they could hurt us more the next few years. With the current class they had they could really benefit with a good year while Vandy has peeked. So, IMO it may be better for Vandy to win since they will surely fall from here on out and I don't want ole miss to gain any momentum.
Should we be pulling for Vandy?

You almost always want a team from the west to beat the other teams in the east. Plus it's been fun to hear Franklin get ripped some in the local media. I would like to see that continue.

Reactions: 6 people
To heck with momentum, we only play the Rebs once every 6 or 7 years anyway so I don't see how they pose a relevant treat to us. Ole Miss will be bottom feeders as long as AU, UA, LSU, and aTm are in the west. UT plays Vandy every year. Vandy starting 0-1 in SEC play puts them in dead last in the East after week one. The choice is simple, Hotty Toddy!

Reactions: 6 people
To heck with momentum, we only play the Rebs once every 6 or 7 years anyway so I don't see how they pose a relevant treat to us. Ole Miss will be bottom feeders as long as AU, UA, LSU, and aTm are in the west. UT plays Vandy every year. Vandy starting 0-1 in SEC play puts them in dead last in the East after week one. The choice is simple, Hotty Toddy!

Hmmm... Good point

Memphis recruiting...

At this point, only Tennessee can help it's own cause.
Old Miss nor Vandy winning or losing will help UT, we must make our own fate by winning football games just like we use to do.

Reactions: 4 people
The best way to demonstrate that Vanderbilt's record last year was largely the product of smoke and mirrors is to tack a loss on their ledger at every opportunity. They have more than their share of bottom-feeder nonconference opponents to create an inflated impression of their true talent level anyway. Furthermore, middle Tennessee is becoming an increasingly rich recruiting pool and we go head-to-head with the Commodes for that talent, so the sooner Butch can put them in his rear view mirror, the better.

Vandy is the pesky gnat that has been buzzing around our face for 100 years only to get slapped, smashed and turned to goo 98% of the time.

Pull for Vandy? Who do you think I am? Geez. On another note, I don't know much about Ole Miss aside from their civil rights issues in the past. What are their fans generally like?

Vanderbilt is the only SEC team I will NEVER root for. Bowl game, OOC game, it doesn't matter... I hope Ole Miss wins by 17 touchdowns, and I hope there is a sea of red in the stands. #Hotty****inToddy

Reactions: 1 person
Pull for Vandy? Who do you think I am? Geez. On another note, I don't know much about Ole Miss aside from their civil rights issues in the past. What are their fans generally like?

Stephen, I'm curious how you got hooked on the Vols there in London? Should be an interesting story. Also, are you going to catch the Vikings/Steelers game next month at Wembley?

VN Store

Back