Who is easier to beat Gumps or Uggas?

Volteacher

I was watching the game on Saturday along with everyone else in the SEC nation. After the first half I was thinking Georgia has had their run and they are very beatable and it will be a very competative game in Athens. Then after the third quarter and into the fourth i was thinking OH MY GOODNESS this Georgia team is on fire I would not want to play them. THEN Bama scores on that long pass play to win the game and was like HOLY COW, this Bama team is just crazy good and Milroe is faster than any player Tennessee has on its roster besides Squirell, but he doesn't play defensive back. I love my VOLS and they are HEAD and SHOULDERS better than last year and better than 2022 with the exception of Hooker (Nico is awesome and might win the Heisman, but it not Hooker '22 level). Defense is playing LIGHTS OUT!!!! But I would rather play Bama......but just my two cents.

I think we've got a better shot at Bama because it's at home, but they'll be tough to beat. It will come down to Jermod McCoy vs Ryan Williams, IMO. We can't give McCoy help because Milroe is such a good runner. If McCoy can put the clamps on Williams, I think we win.

The first half Bama and the Georgia of the last 20 minutes both looked unstoppable. But we have a few other games to play first and losing any of those takes a lot away from matchups against Bama and Georgia.

i say the Georgia game will be more difficult primarily because itā€™s on the road.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Bama at home will be easier imo. Neither are going to be easy. Georgia will be in desperation mode the rest of the season; in Athens they will be difficult. I donā€™t think either are nearly as good as they have been though. Both secondaryā€™s look vulnerable.

Milroe is playing phenomenally well, but Bamaā€™s run game outside of him is very lackluster. That offense scares me, but if I was a Bama fan, UTā€™s defense would scare me too. I wouldnā€™t trade our front 7 for anyone else in college football, and if they can contain Milroe on the edge like UGA did in the second half and get some pressure on him in the pocket, it will be tough for them to beat us. I agree that Williams vs J. McCoy will be a compelling matchup. On the other side, their defense will give us problems, but I donā€™t think their young secondary can keep a lid on Nico and our receivers for four quarters. We have better skill players on offense than Georgia does and the mutts toasted that secondary in the second half.

Georgia is undoubtedly the weaker team, but itā€™s a road game which makes it tougher. I doubt they can do much on the ground against us, so it comes down to how many of those deep shots we give up, can we pressure Beck enough, etc. Kirby has won the chess match with Heupel three times now, albeit playing with better pieces. Weā€™ll see what the board looks like this year.

Should be two great games. Going to be a fun season (and it already has been).

I was watching the game on Saturday along with everyone else in the SEC nation. After the first half I was thinking Georgia has had their run and they are very beatable and it will be a very competative game in Athens. Then after the third quarter and into the fourth i was thinking OH MY GOODNESS this Georgia team is on fire I would not want to play them. THEN Bama scores on that long pass play to win the game and was like HOLY COW, this Bama team is just crazy good and Milroe is faster than any player Tennessee has on its roster besides Squirell, but he doesn't play defensive back. I love my VOLS and they are HEAD and SHOULDERS better than last year and better than 2022 with the exception of Hooker (Nico is awesome and might win the Heisman, but it not Hooker '22 level). Defense is playing LIGHTS OUT!!!! But I would rather play Bama......but just my two cents.
On a neutral field, give me Georgia. The running ability of Milroe (heā€™s an incredible athlete) adds a dynamic that Georgia doesnā€™t have.

Reactions: 67Vol
If the officiating is like it was Sat. night, neither. Some of the worst officiating I've seen. There was PI or holding on most pass plays--both ways.
It was like across the board when watching other teams as well. PI is not being called - consistently this year. Georgia DB literally tackled a turd WR and there was no call.

Reactions: adam.vol
UGA by a mile. Bad QB play.
I agree UGA after watching Sat. Bama could have scored 60 had they kept the gas pedal down. Going Conservative took their rhythm away and they never regained until last possession, which was one splash play.
S
Iā€™m not as optimistic vs either team as not sure our offense can answer against their defenses. We must pressure Beck to have a chance vs UGA.

I think we've got a better shot at Bama because it's at home, but they'll be tough to beat. It will come down to Jermod McCoy vs Ryan Williams, IMO. We can't give McCoy help because Milroe is such a good runner. If McCoy can put the clamps on Williams, I think we win.

to be competitive against Bama (goes for Arky and Florida also), we have to find a way to protect Nico. That is now the area where Tennessee can win or lose games.

VN Store

Back