Who Is Your Favorite Vol Bb Player(of All Times)

Ron Slay, Allen Houston, Vincet Yarborough

most people arent old enough to remember ernie or bernard

Originally posted by hillbilly@Apr 7, 2005 7:24 PM
Tony White

He was a good one. I was always a big fan of "The Wizard". I was there the night he dropped 51 on Auburn.

I don't even have a favorite.....I guess that I would have to Slay and Houston....oh and Winchester.... :rolleyes: (for Volunteer)

You guys really missed watching Bernard King, he had Jordan type talent(he was a better pure shooter than Jordan) and jumping ability......by far the best basketball player to ever wear orange.....

If his knees would have held up, he would have achieved NBA greatness.....

Peace Cross

Originally posted by crossvillevolfan@Apr 8, 2005 9:20 AM

Even with the bad knees, he managed to have a pretty good career. I think he played 10-12 years in the NBA and probably averaged 20+ ppg. There was a short period in the 1980s when he was one of the top scorers in the league.

Originally posted by GAVol+Apr 8, 2005 8:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol &#064; Apr 8, 2005 8:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crossvillevolfan@Apr 8, 2005 9:20 AM

Even with the bad knees, he managed to have a pretty good career. I think he played 10-12 years in the NBA and probably averaged 20+ ppg. There was a short period in the 1980s when he was one of the top scorers in the league. [/quote]
I always thought he would have filled the gap between Dr J and MJ......his jumpshot was undefendable....great elevation and accuracy and he could shoot it in traffic. I still remember the story of him snatching quarters off the top of the backboard from flatfooted jump....

Plus he played for the that NBA graveyard team.....Washington, had he been a Celtic....

Peace CRoss

VN Store

Back