Who Is Your Favorite Vol Bb Player(of All Times)

Dyron Nix
Willie Burton
Dale Ellis
Howard Wood
Tyrone Beaman
Ron Slay
CJ Black
Tony White

funny how Alan Houston didnt get much attention on this thread

No doubt Houston was great and it's unfortunate that there was not a better surrounding cast for him while he was here. During those years, we'd have been completely horrible without him.

The guy with his hands in the air after his 3s was Mark Griffin, and does anyone remember big DAN FETTERMAN I think i spelled that right. I also remember that shot that Willie Burton hit against LSU, that was great.

Originally posted by biganbad@Apr 12, 2005 10:59 AM
The guy with his hands in the air after his 3s was Mark Griffin, and does anyone remember big DAN FETTERMAN I think i spelled that right. I also remember that shot that Willie Burton hit against LSU, that was great.

Federman.....and yes I remember him......

Peace Cross

Originally posted by volinbham@Apr 11, 2005 11:16 PM
Kalsmalski was a Mear's era guy around the time of the Ernie and Bernie show.

Another contender is Howard Wood (I think that's his name).  Pushed Ralph Sampson around pretty good in a tournament game.

Kosmalski: I remember him coming to my junior high school and "dunking" in person for us..... Must have been around 1973.

I definitely remember Howard Wood. My buddy and I were watching a game at my apartment one night and decided to slam a shot of peppermint schnaps for each basket Howard made and doubles for a dunk.

Needless to say, Howard was on fire that night and I think both of us woke up the next morning late for work in my living room having passed out by halftime!

To this day the smell of peppermint sends an involuntary shiver down my spine!

Originally posted by biganbad@Apr 12, 2005 10:59 AM

Griffin - that's the guy I was thinking of. Sometimes I liked the arms in the air thing (especially since it meant 3 more points) but sometimes it looked pretty goofy.

I definitely remember Federman as well.

That Burton shot was right in front of me. If I remember correctly, he got the inbounds pass, turned around and chucked it and it went in at the buzzer.

Remember when Doug Roth filipped off the fans? (LSU fans maybe?)

Indeed I do. He stepped back, hit a 3 and then told 10,000 people that they were #1. It's not a good idea to flip off 1 person in Baton Rouge, much less 10,000 cajuns. :D

Originally posted by GAVol@Apr 12, 2005 8:32 PM
Indeed I do. He stepped back, hit a 3 and then told 10,000 people that they were #1. It's not a good idea to flip off 1 person in Baton Rouge, much less 10,000 cajuns. :D

You have to admit it was pretty funny though. I saw him out sometime after that happened and asked him about it. He just grinned.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Apr 12, 2005 8:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Apr 12, 2005 8:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GAVol@Apr 12, 2005 8:32 PM
Indeed I do.  He stepped back, hit a 3 and then told 10,000 people that they were #1.  It&#39;s not a good idea to flip off 1 person in Baton Rouge, much less 10,000 cajuns.  :D

You have to admit it was pretty funny though. I saw him out sometime after that happened and asked him about it. He just grinned. [/quote]
Oh it was absolutely hilarious - a 6&#39;10" white oaf lumbering down the court with his middle finger in the air.

Sort of a shame though that other than the play of Allan Houston, the things I remember most about the men&#39;s program in the late 80s are Roth flipping the bird and Dyron Nix&#39;s hair. :blink:

Is Jeri-curl covered under "equipment" as part of the scholarship? If so, Dyron used the entire team&#39;s budget. :p

VN Store

Back