Who Now Best Represents the Republican Party?

Who Now Best Represents the Republican Party?

• Old School

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Trumpists

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Romney doesn't have a chance in hell to elected president or even get the R nomination.

This is the crux of the question at hand... what does the GOP stand for now, and what sort of candidate would it even put forth in 24?

The party is divided. Badly divided.

Do you really think Americans will vote for a party that broadly condones the President's insurrection? Not a chance.

This is *fringe* territory. The 10 to 20% of the populus that is simply disenfranchised.

I honestly believe the GOP may be dead... particularly if Trump continues to stir the pot.

So, t

Erf.

This is the crux of the question at hand... what does the GOP stand for now, and what sort of candidate would it even put forth in 24?

The party is divided. Badly divided.

Do you really think Americans will vote for a party that broadly condones the President's insurrection? Not a chance.

This is *fringe* territory. The 10 to 20% of the populus that is simply disenfranchised.

I honestly believe the GOP may be dead... particularly if Trump continues to stir the pot.
I hope it is dead

Kristi Noem, Nikki Haley, Tim Scott. I think these are the type names that emerge.

Edit: little surprise Thune doesn’t seem to be more of a presence in the party.

I'd add DeSantis to that list as well.

Of course, Cruz and Rubio will probably toss their hats into the ring again. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jim Jordan give it a go as well.

Reactions: GSD82
With Trump outgoing, which camp of Senators now best represent the core values of the Republican party and should carry the torch moving forward?

Camp 1: Old School

Mitch McConnell
Chuck Grassley
John Thune
Pat Toomey
Mitt Romney

Camp 2: Trumpists

Ted Cruz
Josh Hawley
Ron Johnson
Tommy Tuberville
Marsha Blackburn
Romney can GTFO. So sick of that weasel. I regret every voting for him.

Of course, Cruz and Rubio will probably toss their hats into the ring again. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jim Jordan give it a go as well.
I would be fine voting Cruz or Rubio

I would be fine voting Cruz or Rubio

Rubio kind of shot up and hasn't really made much noise since Trump was elected. He's been there supporting most initiatives from the GOP side, but he's not been as vocal as he was prior to the 2016 campaign.

Reactions: theFallGuy

Agree on DeSantis. I like Jim Jordan too. I think Cruz star is dimming.

Republicans are overwhelmingly siding with President Trump over Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), according to a new Axios-Ipsos poll published Wednesday evening.

The poll showed that 62 percent of Republicans think Trump was right to contest the election results and an even higher 69 percent do not blame him for violence at the Capitol last week.

The poll showed that 91 percent of those who identified as “Trump supporters” supported his continued contesting of the election. Of those who identified as “traditional” Republicans, 46 percent supported it, with 36 opposed.

An even higher percentage of Trump supporters — 96 percent — said Trump makes the Republican party better, and a slim majority of traditional Republicans — 51 percent — agreed.

Poll: Republicans Side with President Trump over Mitch McConnell

I think Haley is the leader right now, but who knows if this country is ready to elect a female president. Although after the garbage that will be Biden and his side piece, I think we will be ready to put a dog in there if it means they're gone.

Reactions: GSD82
I think Haley is the leader right now, but who knows if this country is ready to elect a female president. Although after the garbage that will be Biden and his side piece, I think we will be ready to put a dog in there if it means they're gone.
If Repubs are smart they will absolutely put a strong conservative female up and let the left try to attack her

Kristi Noem, Nikki Haley, Tim Scott. I think these are the type names that emerge.

Edit: little surprise Thune doesn’t seem to be more of a presence in the party.
Lol. If anything is obvious about the R's it's that they only want a white male as the face of the party. Anyone else is the equivalent of NyQuil that helps them sleep at night.

Reactions: FrankenVol54
Most people on our side is but they attacked her non stop. No matter who is nominated they will be attacked as a racist, homophobe, nazi, white supremacist etc....

And as a bonus prize, the winner/nominee gets a fake dossier linking them to collusion with a foreign government and a first term impeachment party for...idk, looking at AOC’s nice twins?? They’ll find something I’m sure.

VN Store

Back