Who will emerge as UTs quarterback?

Who will emerge as UT's quarterback?

• Total voters
Real funny. ;)

CJ Leak will start the first game but I am not sure he will still be the starter at the end of the year.

I would love to see Freak...................but Im gonna have to say Leak!!! I think by the fourth game or so we might have a freshman QB though!!! B) :bow:

If only I had some eligibility left. :lol: B)

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 21, 2004 3:00 AM
If only I had some eligibility left. :lol: B)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You KILL me!!!

I am going with Leak. I also believe though that he may struggle a bit more then people think and that many of us may become a little impatient with him. Patience people. :D

I'm with you, U-T. I think C.J. HAS to have something, or surely CPF would have been honest with him and let him go somewhere else by now. I'd sure love to see him BEAT his little brother.

Heck, I'd love to see ANYBODY beat his little brother.

Welcome to the board by the way. Don't be a stranger. :)

Originally posted by U-T@Mar 21, 2004 2:52 AM
I am going with Leak. I also believe though that he may struggle a bit more then people think and that many of us may become a little impatient with him. Patience people. :D

I don't think that there is any question that he will struggle. I know he is one of the strongest qb's we have ever had and he has a good ARM but he will make bad decisions at times. I think that is inevitable.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Mar 21, 2004 10:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Mar 21, 2004 10:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T@Mar 21, 2004 2:52 AM
I am going with Leak. I also believe though that he may struggle a bit more then people think and that many of us may become a little impatient with him. Patience people.  :D

I don&#39;t think that there is any question that he will struggle. I know he is one of the strongest qb&#39;s we have ever had and he has a good ARM but he will make bad decisions at times. I think that is inevitable. [/quote]
Right on. I would have no problem with Ainge either if he comes and plays quite good early.

I&#39;m going with Freak. Sure his eligibility is up, but with his skills, the NCAA will just have to make an exception.

Here are some of his stats:

Height 6&#39; 2"
Weight 200 lbs
(Perfect size for a quarterback, not too skinny, not too tall)

40 time: 5.4 (Unofficial time when a Miller Lite was placed at the finish line, 4.3 BLAZING SPEED&#33;&#33;&#33;)

Vertical Jump: 1" (the beer worked so well, we set a can on top of the measuring tape and he turned in a whopping 2") Let&#39;s scrap the vertical jump, hell, Clausen couldn&#39;t jump either.

Throwing Ability: Freak lives up to his name and throws an accurate nerf ball from time to time. I mean, hey, his name is Vol Freak.

Intangibles: Freak&#39;s mental capacity is unrivaled in armchair quarterback lore. Once a play is completed, he can dissect it and tell you exactly what the quarterback did wrong.

My vote is for Vol Freak&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Volunteer thanks for the vote of confidence. If I am picked I won&#39;t let you all down.

:D :thumbsup:

Originally posted by vol_freak+Mar 21, 2004 10:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Mar 21, 2004 10:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T@Mar 21, 2004 2:52 AM
I am going with Leak. I also believe though that he may struggle a bit more then people think and that many of us may become a little impatient with him. Patience people.  :D

I don&#39;t think that there is any question that he will struggle. I know he is one of the strongest qb&#39;s we have ever had and he has a good ARM but he will make bad decisions at times. I think that is inevitable. [/quote]
Question of if the UT nation can accept that... :(

I&#39;d go with Freak, but they wont sell beer in the stadium. So you better stick with Leak. I&#39;m hoping for a Leak vs. Leak showdown. :D

My wife says I have similar speed when cold-beer is involved :beer:

Insuragator, how can you sell me out like that?? :lol:

I&#39;d say the way things look you will get your wish of a Leak vs. Leak matchup. :dunno:

Originally posted by Timmm69@Mar 28, 2004 8:11 AM
give banks a shot. he deserves it...If not jim bob comes from my county,u know how that goes.

I heard that Jim Bob is actually a decent QB. :dunno:

I don&#39;t care if he has a cannon Freak, can you imagine what the national media will do to Tennessee if we have a starting QB named JIM BOB FRIGGIN COOTER??????

Ain&#39;t that the truth. What were his parents thinking??
But then, what were MINE???? My real name is just about as bad. :bad:

Originally posted by Volunteer@Mar 29, 2004 9:13 AM
I don&#39;t care if he has a cannon Freak, can you imagine what the national media will do to Tennessee if we have a starting QB named JIM BOB FRIGGIN COOTER??????

If Jim Bob has the ability to lead us to the National Championship game, his name could be Mike Tyson for all I care

I agree&#33;&#33; If he can do the job, I dont care what his name is. Could you imagine though, the media would have a field day&#33;&#33;&#33; :rolleyes: ;) :p

I for one would love to see somebody like "Jim Bob" emerge as the QB. I am always for the underdog.

I agree with you all in that I don&#39;t care what our QB&#39;s name is this year as long as he can play.

VN Store

Back