Who will emerge as UTs quarterback?

Who will emerge as UT's quarterback?

• Total voters
not that he will be given a chance, but I think the media could be turned in our favor if he led us to an NC ~ now, if he led us to 3-9, yeah they would be playing heck with it in the National media............who knows, he could be our version of the WaterBoy :D

I would love to see Jim Bob win the job and lead UT to a championship. I really don't care what ESPN or CBS thinks anyway. I like his name, and I wish him the best.

Gunner

:espn:

Welcome to VolNation gunner! :welcome: :welcome:

Fulmer almost always goes with longevity unless they are just heads and shoulders above everybody else.

Originally posted by Volnix@Apr 16, 2004 2:48 PM
Fulmer almost always goes with longevity unless they are just heads and shoulders above everybody else.

I agree. Fulmer typically rewards his upperclassmen assuming all else is somewhat equal.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Apr 16, 2004 6:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Apr 16, 2004 6:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Volnix@Apr 16, 2004 2:48 PM

I agree. Fulmer typically rewards his upperclassmen assuming all else is somewhat equal. [/quote]
And sometimes that may not be the smartest decision....ah well, not like I know more then him anyway

I think CJ may go the Joey Chapman route - 1 or 2 starts and then never heard from again.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Leak will probably start but by the third or forth game it will Ainge or Schaffer.

hey guys....i&#39;m new to the post......although i am from lexington ky, and yes i attend uk.... :bad: .......i bleed orange. I made it down for the spring game and I hafta say there is a big problem. I think C.J. has the upper hand and should start, but beyond him i think its a bad situation. I was just wondering how everybody feels about Rick Clausen? (*sighs*......"where is Joey Matthews when he is TRULY needed???)

Originally posted by spreadI@May 5, 2004 7:26 PM
hey guys....i&#39;m new to the post......although i am from lexington ky, and yes i attend uk.... :bad: .......i bleed orange. I made it down for the spring game and I hafta say there is a big problem. I think C.J. has the upper hand and should start, but beyond him i think its a bad situation. I was just wondering how everybody feels about Rick Clausen? (*sighs*......"where is Joey Matthews when he is TRULY needed???)

Welcome to the board. :welcome:

I think most would agree with you. I think CJ is gonna get every chance to start. Claussen really hasn&#39;t shown me much. Whoever it turns out to be the goal will be that the QB doesn&#39;t lose any games for us.

I didnt see much with Clausen&#39;s arm strength. Thats enough to worry me with the way SEC DB&#39;s can cover these days. Leak seemed to have that elusive ability that Tee had back in the good ol&#39; days. I remember one play in the Spring Game that look ALOT like the Cutcliff Play Action days, ....and it resulted in 6. And no matter who it is......I feel really good about the recievers that whoever the QB is is gunna be throwing to. I think this offense will surprise people early on with Leak. I agree in thought that there may come a day when Ainge may knock at the door, but Leak could get it done with the group of animals he has to throw to. We have a group that reminds me of the 98 team with Peerless and Copeland ect...it should be fun.....maybe even a surprise at Sanford? A long shot.....but I think the offense will do fine with Leak. And one more question....has ANYBODY seen that pic of the US soldier with civilian kids holding up a sign that says "Phil Fulmer Ate My Parents" 200 bucks says that was some Alabama fan that thinks we care about their bush league program. :nono:

Originally posted by spreadI@May 6, 2004 4:59 PM
I didnt see much with Clausen&#39;s arm strength. Thats enough to worry me with the way SEC DB&#39;s can cover these days. Leak seemed to have that elusive ability that Tee had back in the good ol&#39; days. I remember one play in the Spring Game that look ALOT like the Cutcliff Play Action days, ....and it resulted in 6. And no matter who it is......I feel really good about the recievers that whoever the QB is is gunna be throwing to. I think this offense will surprise people early on with Leak. I agree in thought that there may come a day when Ainge may knock at the door, but Leak could get it done with the group of animals he has to throw to. We have a group that reminds me of the 98 team with Peerless and Copeland ect...it should be fun.....maybe even a surprise at Sanford? A long shot.....but I think the offense will do fine with Leak. And one more question....has ANYBODY seen that pic of the US soldier with civilian kids holding up a sign that says "Phil Fulmer Ate My Parents" 200 bucks says that was some Alabama fan that thinks we care about their bush league program. :nono:

Thankfully, I haven&#39;t seen that pic of Fulmer but you are probably right about the source.

As for Clausen I think armstrength is a big part of it. There is no doubt in my mind that Leak has the physical tools but still doesnt seem to have a real grasp of the offense from what I am hearing. I think he is prone to some bad decisions which Fulmer will not tolerate.

As for Ainge, I don&#39;t know if he will see much playing time this year or not. Most seem to think that Schaeffer has the better chance and he is getting here during the first term of summer school while Ainge is not coming in until the second term.

I agree about the receivers. Hopefully we will find someone who can get them the ball and let them make plays.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 6, 2004 8:49 PM
I think that pic was PhotoShopped.

You think? :D

I am sure it was......like he said, probably by a Bama fan.

Well, honestly I think it will Clausen strictly due to politics....hate to sound that way, but that is all I have heard this spring and I am around some players a lot. I would love to see Leak out there though, or Ainge. The best would be Leak beating his brother in Neyland&#33; :clap:

I think we would all love to see CJ beat Chris&#33;

A CJ win over Chris would be nice, but I&#39;m pulling for Jim Bob Cooter to lead the Vols to victory. HA HA

Gunner

VN Store

Back