Who won the QB battle?

crunchimusmaximus

I eagery awoke today to see news on who our QB against UF is going to be but nothing....and please don't say Worely if nothing as been made official yet. Who is it? or does know one know for sure?

I pray it's not Worely....we would have a better chance against UF by just putting in a RB or WR like Kentucky did against us that year and running the read option every other play than letting Worely throw against that defense really would like to see Fergy run the read option and only throw high percentage safe passes and playaction....

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah it's "officially" a gametime decision.

It being anyone other than Worley would shock everyone, I do believe. Because the coaching staff needs to see more underthrown passes/inaccurate passes to wide open receivers I guess.

Meh. Maybe Worley can pull a Crompton and somehow go from dog**** to decent.

I pray it's not Worely....we would have a better chance against UF by just putting in a RB or WR like Kentucky did against us that year and running the read option every other play than letting Worely throw against that defense really would like to see Fergy run the read option and only throw high percentage safe passes and playaction....
Sry, but No. True freshmen against #3 D in country can only end bad. Worley is still are best chance, but that's just me. WR or RB at QB??? C'mon man

Sry, but No. True freshmen against #3 D in country can only end bad. Worley is still are best chance, but that's just me. WR or RB at QB??? C'mon man

Ainge played aganst 2004 Auburn a better D and much better team than this UF squad....

Please....Worley = nothing but consecutive 3 and outs and punting...anyone else shoul get the no default..at least Fergy would give us a puncher's chance..and runnin th rread option with hi would actually gasp....move the chains...

Reactions: 3 people
Ainge played aganst 2004 Auburn a better D and much better team than this UF squad....

Please....Worley = nothing but consecutive 3 and outs and punting...anyone else shoul get the no default..at least Fergy would give us a puncher's chance..and runnin th rread option with hi would actually gasp....move the chains...

Yeah and the game Ainge played in against Auburn in 04, he threw under 50%, with 1 TD and 4 picks. And that was at home. You think it gets any better in the swamp?

Yeah and the game Ainge played in against Auburn in 04, he threw under 50%, with 1 TD and 4 picks. And that was at home. You think it gets any better in the swamp?

The point is Ainge ended up having a fine career and would have had a great one if Cut were his QB coach his sophomore eyar...it didn't ruin his physche...Fergy would just have to runthe read option and thrw screen passs dumpoffs with a handful of safe playaction passes.....at least he would mst lkely be able to actually complete a screen pass unlike Worely...

Reactions: 1 person
The point is Ainge ended up having a fine career and would have had a great one if Cut were his QB coach his sophomore eyar...it didn't ruin his physche...Fergy would just have to runthe read option and thrw screen passs dumpoffs with a handful of safe playaction passes.....at least he would mst lkely be able to actually complete a screen pass unlike Worely...

Or a slant, or a drag, or an In, or an out, or a post, or a corner, or a fade, or anything that isn't a 1 yd throw to the flats that an 8 yr old could make

Reactions: 1 person
I honestly hope he proves you and so many others wrong. This possibly is his 4th start a QB. He didn't have much back up time experience. Plus new play book. So in reality he's kinda like a freshmen. If does prove ppl wrong, then that means we won the game. Cuz I'm sure that's what it will take for ppl to give him an actuall chance.

Reactions: 2 people
Deerpark also said Worley would start and the competition wasn't really close. I liken this game to the 2010 UGA game. UGA fresh off some losses steam rolled us due in part to poor QB play. In the end the only bright spot was Bray made his first debut. I'm rooting for Ferg to be showcased towards the end of the bloodbath.

VN Store

Back