Who won the QB battle?

I honestly hope he proves you and so many others wrong. This possibly is his 4th start a QB. He didn't have much back up time experience. Plus new play book. So in reality he's kinda like a freshmen. If does prove ppl wrong, then that means we won the game. Cuz I'm sure that's what it will take for ppl to give him an actuall chance.

If he plays average he gets a pass from me. Average doesn't mean soaking up accolades for highlight reel catches and well delivered hand offs.

Deerpark also said Worley would start and the competition wasn't really close. I liken this game to the 2010 UGA game. UGA fresh off some losses steam rolled us due in part to poor QB play. In the end the only bright spot was Bray made his first debut. I'm rooting for Ferg to be showcased towards the end of the bloodbath.

You could be right. I've heard some predictions on the radio that we will see all three quarterbacks tomorrow.

You could be right. I've heard some predictions on the radio that we will see all three quarterbacks tomorrow.

I think that happens only if things get ugly like they did at UGA. I'm definately not rooting for it I'm just not sold Worley is going to have his break out game against one of the toughest D's he'll face all year.
Dobbs staying and Ferg being chosen to go speaks volumes of where Ferg is at, IMO. Peterman as a RS being unable to steal any real playing time from a guy playing poorly as Worley also speaks volumes. We'll see.

I only mention the Dobbs comment because they flew his butt all the way to OR. So for me if a week later you take one of the two, you know who definately is getting their RS.

Worley's release looks like its in slow motion.and he never checks down. He is in way over his head and it shows on the field. he lacks the qb instincts bray had (bray was a true fr. vs usce).There are some things a HC can't coach, look at Tim tebow in the nfl.

exactly, everyone could see Bray's natural talents and instincts imediately in is first action against a good SC defense...what flashes has Worely EVER shown????? It just isn't there...he doesn't have the IT factor...

Reactions: 2 people
exactly, everyone could see Bray's natural talents and instincts imediately in is first action against a good SC defense...what flashes has Worely EVER shown????? It just isn't there...he doesn't have the IT factor...
That throw to croom in the back of the end zone, in tight coverage, was a great throw. The potential is there. That's probably why he's been starting. He just needs to put it all together.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with the majority opinion that Worley gets the start, but we see at least him and Peterman. Looking pretty clear that Dobbs gets a RS.

I think that happens only if things get ugly like they did at UGA. I'm definately not rooting for it I'm just not sold Worley is going to have his break out game against one of the toughest D's he'll face all year.
Dobbs staying and Ferg being chosen to go speaks volumes of where Ferg is at, IMO. Peterman as a RS being unable to steal any real playing time from a guy playing poorly as Worley also speaks volumes. We'll see.

Agree with all.

That throw to croom in the back of the end zone, in tight coverage, was a great throw. The potential is there. That's probably why he's been starting. He just needs to put it all together.

That was a very nice throw. He has to be more consistent though.

I honestly hope he proves you and so many others wrong. This possibly is his 4th start a QB. He didn't have much back up time experience. Plus new play book. So in reality he's kinda like a freshmen. If does prove ppl wrong, then that means we won the game. Cuz I'm sure that's what it will take for ppl to give him an actuall chance.

How dare you introduce logic into a bash Worley thread!

Yeah, and he's been runnin the lead option to a T.

Uh, in Worley's defense, Bray had D-Mo, Gerald Jones, Da'Rick, and Hunter. Oh, and Stocker. Bray gunned it in there because he had options and a decent chance of making plays. Did you ever consider that Worley hears all these comments from coaches about us having young receivers and that they aren't there yet? That Worley is truly being cautious about roping passes in there (like Bray vs USC) because he knows chances are our WR's aren't likely to make a play. Now the open WR's being over and under thrown are another thing. There is no defense for Worley in those horrible mistakes.

Just food for thought. Cheer loud tomorrow!

Uh, in Worley's defense, Bray had D-Mo, Gerald Jones, Da'Rick, and Hunter. Oh, and Stocker. Bray gunned it in there because he had options and a decent chance of making plays. Did you ever consider that Worley hears all these comments from coaches about us having young receivers and that they aren't there yet? That Worley is truly being cautious about roping passes in there (like Bray vs USC) because he knows chances are our WR's aren't likely to make a play. Now the open WR's being over and under thrown are another thing. There is no defense for Worley in those horrible mistakes.

Just food for thought. Cheer loud tomorrow!

If any of those recievers were 1 foot tall and ran 1 second slower that our current players I'd agree.

If any of those recievers were 1 foot tall and ran 1 second slower that our current players I'd agree.

I feel ya. I'm just saying that Worley seems to be cautious because we don't have receiving options at all. I love the fact that we only have 3 turnovers in three games. When is the last time that has happened? More times than not, Worley hasn't had the WR to make plays. Not because of drops or tipped balls, but because we are young and fresh to big boy football. I think Worley is the best QB to protect the ball. He is a dilemma right now. It is hard to try to pep up the passing game because our wr are not dependable. And that means int's are waiting to happen. I just eager to see if Worley runs some tomorrow. GBO

Now, we do all understand that Worley will at least be starting the game, right? What happens after the start regarding Peterman and Ferguson is all up to how things go with Worley. Big time coaches just don't do crazy things.

I dont think this not a game time decision. Butch knows, and the team knows, everyone is just hush hush about it. We'll see tomorrow.

I say petterman gets the nod at QB! did you see the arm strength at Oregon ? he has my vote! idk if dobbs is quite there yet, love to see him as well though

Well, you give me a ball and give me 35-40 chances a game and eventually the ball will get in the perfect spot (accidentally). If someone makes a great throw, but can't replicate it consistently then that just tells me that it was luck. I just don't see Worley with this ability and if he starts and plays the whole game I don't want to see the score when it's all said and done.

I'll watch the whole game either way, just like I did the Oregon game :cray:

VN Store

Back