"Whoever we play, it's their Super Bowl." - Texas AD Chris Del Conte

It's waaaay too early in the preseason to so intensely dislike a team!

With Texas... I'm gonna have to learn to pace myself.
I disagree, it’s never too early to dislike a team in CFB. It makes it more fun to have a few villainous teams to root against. For me it’s an important part of being a fan. My team only plays once a week and like all teams has a bye. This gives me something to root for in more games.

Such as, many TN fans will be pulling for someone to beat GA. And I will be pulling for everyone to beat Texas.

I never have gotten caught up in the whole "hating my rival in sports" thing (just always seemed a waste of time).... but I simply do not respect Coach Sark esp after seeing the video of him cursing out the guy responsible for telling the team its time to make your entrance from the tunnel on a broadcast game. One of the most embarrassing and humiliating things I've seen in a long time. So...I don't hate Texas (in fact i appreciate the leadership shown by the state in the last few years to our nation on serious issues) BUT... I can not pull for that team as long as Sark is the head coach. JMO

I disagree, it’s never too early to dislike a team in CFB. It makes it more fun to have a few villainous teams to root against. For me it’s an important part of being a fan. My team only plays once a week and like all teams has a bye. This gives me something to root for in more games.

Such as, many TN fans will be pulling for someone to beat GA. And I will be pulling for everyone to beat Texas.
Apart from Tennessee, I root for everyone in the sec to go 6-6 lol

Within the last five days, we've gotten some real juicy whoppers from our newest member.

Texas AD Chris Del Conte: "Whoever we play, it's their Super Bowl. [...] It's the power of the Texas brand. That won't change in the SEC."

Texas QB Quinn Ewers: "We're going to be everybody's biggest game, for sure."

Also Texas QB Quinn Ewers: ""We'll be playing at a different level (in the SEC). We don't have to look down as far to see our competition now."

Not even a week away from this whole shotgun football wedding and the Longhorns are coming out guns blazing. A remarkably consistent display of prideful boasting and chest thumping.

But as the great philosopher Jon Moxley once said, "The loudest man in the room is often the weakest."
I looked at their last ten years of football and they only have a 58.27% winning per centage. They seem pretty average to me. Certainly nothing to go around thumping their chest about.

I looked at their last ten years of football and they only have a 58.27% winning per centage. They seem pretty average to me. Certainly nothing to go around thumping their chest about.
You make a great point here! Going a bit further, I can add that in the past 25 years Texas only won the Big 12 three times. This is the same number of times that Kansas State won the conference in that time period! They would have been a whipping boy had they been in the SEC!

They did well last season making the Playoff, but then lost to Washington. Washington then got smoked by Michigan. This was the first and only time they have made the Playoff.

You’re absolutely correct, they have very little to back up all of the chest thumping! I hope they get embarrassed very quickly.

Within the last five days, we've gotten some real juicy whoppers from our newest member.

Texas AD Chris Del Conte: "Whoever we play, it's their Super Bowl. [...] It's the power of the Texas brand. That won't change in the SEC."

Also Texas QB Quinn Ewers: ""We'll be playing at a different level (in the SEC). We don't have to look down as far to see our competition now."

Not even a week away from this whole shotgun football wedding and the Longhorns are coming out guns blazing. A remarkably consistent display of prideful boasting and chest thumping.

But as the great philosopher Jon Moxley once said, "The loudest man in the room is often the weakest."
Says the school that has won ONE NC in the last 55 years!

Reactions: VAVol85
Screenshot_20240625_223142_DuckDuckGo.jpg
It's a whole new pasture they're getting in and they ain't ready for a full season of the SEC (in any sport). They've went from being one of the top 1-3 teams in the Big 12, to a top 1-8 teams in the SEC. They're not used to preparing for more than 1 or 2 big games a year.

I can't wait for them to leave.

Last edited:
Hope so, but I lived in Oklahoma during the Switzer era and got to see a lot of texas influence and fans. I see them as a kind of mix of bama/dawg fans with almost unlimited money. Said it before, but will say it again. While the league will benefit financially from having texas as a member, the rank and file of the league will regret the day we ever allowed that bunch through our league doors. I give it 2, maybe 3 years, and they'll be hated as much or more than bama ever was.

I pledge to continue hating bama the most...
There is, has never been, and never will be a better team to thrash and trash in any sport
(Although blue cats get a close 2nd in basketball)

Reactions: LibertyVol
Hope so, but I lived in Oklahoma during the Switzer era and got to see a lot of texas influence and fans. I see them as a kind of mix of bama/dawg fans with almost unlimited money. Said it before, but will say it again. While the league will benefit financially from having texas as a member, the rank and file of the league will regret the day we ever allowed that bunch through our league doors. I give it 2, maybe 3 years, and they'll be hated as much or more than bama ever was.
Texas is a CANCER!

Reactions: norrislakevol

He who raises high his gateway and is boastful, invites destruction.

They are house guests and they are already talking like this? WOW...

Lol they sure like to boast. Hope the players have that looking down approach in this conference. You do not just forget that mentality, it takes a large dose of humble pie. They are about to get a huge plate. While I think they have a decent team, winning a couple games a year against good competition like they were is not gonna cut it in the SEC. Depth will be challenged, coaches will be challenged and Sarkisian isn't the answer

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back