"Whoever we play, it's their Super Bowl." - Texas AD Chris Del Conte

They sure do have a big ego for a program that has been mid for some time.
They have the ego they do because of the money they bring in.

Watch what their fans do when trying to talk their program up. They are really quick to mention their athletic department revenue (even though they've been recently surpassed by Ohio St for the #1 spot overall) and the size of their endowment.

Someone needs to tell them " It is best to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think that you are an idiot rather than to open your mouth and confirm everyone's opinion"

1 Kings 20:11
‘Let not the one who puts on his armor boast like the one who takes it off.’

Yet they get their "wittle feelins" hurt if somebody makes a hornsdown sign with their hands...

This is the one that gets me the most. That they can't see how being somehow "offended" by a simple hand gesture and actually getting leagues to 'outlaw' it will only open them up to endless mocking and abuse is bizarre and another sign of the self absorbed arrogance.

Horns Down should become the accepted treatment of them in every SEC stadium, and done relentlessly. It should become a cottage industry with t-shirts, hats, etc. I can't wait to see them try to get the SEC to ban it in stadiums, and try to fine schools should their fans persist.

I never have gotten caught up in the whole "hating my rival in sports" thing (just always seemed a waste of time).... but I simply do not respect Coach Sark esp after seeing the video of him cursing out the guy responsible for telling the team its time to make your entrance from the tunnel on a broadcast game. One of the most embarrassing and humiliating things I've seen in a long time. So...I don't hate Texas (in fact i appreciate the leadership shown by the state in the last few years to our nation on serious issues) BUT... I can not pull for that team as long as Sark is the head coach. JMO

Exactly, it isn't about the state, but the school itself.

1 Kings 20:11
‘Let not the one who puts on his armor boast like the one who takes it off.’
1000 pts to you for quoting the book of 1 Kings! I LOVE studying in Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles. (#somethingsmoreimportantthansports)

Reactions: Gandalf

VN Store

Back