"Why even go if we're just gonna lose"

I understand that, but catch phrases can only go so far when you're constantly losing to your rivals.

No coach is going to turn it around in year 1 or 2 or sometimes even 3! It takes time and recruiting and a little luck never hurts! I was wanting gruden as bad as anyone but Butch has opened my eyes considerably!

I have no doubt in my mind there isn't a harder working college coach out there after
watching him recruit in the off season. I think as the season goes some of these kids will start to get it but even if we go 4 and 8 this year who cares. He is building it but it is
not an overnight thing. Everyone should be praising CBJ for getting the recruiting class he has coming to say yes! When I see him as pissed off about a loss as I am, I know we got the right man for the job!!

I just hope Michigan never fires there coach, that worrys me just a tad in the back of my mind!! Lol

IIRC, last season it was 20 for each SEC game and 10 for the non-conference small games.

I was fortunate enough to get free student tix when I was in school and we packed the place. To me it's more important to fill the student section and keep the energy going throughout the game by getting as many students in there as possible.

you go to support the team.VFL BRICK BY BRICK.
Folks, tradition and resources ain't enough. Sooner or later somebody wearing the UT hfc's whistle is going to have to take an outmanned squad into the lion's den, come out with a victory and then repeat the feat until it becomes a habit. We may catch up to what we commonly consider the lower tier of the SEC by filling out the roster. The better teams though, the teams we used to beat and we all want to beat again, are not standing still. The better teams in this conference are following the principle that iron hardens iron and using each other to get bigger, stronger, faster and smarter. This is not some rinky dink building job. This is a heroic quest of epic proportions and it's going to take a champion to get it done. We'll know if we got the right man for the job soon enough.
bth_Bang_Head.gif
bth_Bang_Head.gif

bth_Bang_Head.gif
bth_Bang_Head.gif

bth_Bang_Head.gif
bth_Bang_Head.gif
bth_Bang_Head.gif
bth_Bang_Head.gif
bth_Bang_Head.gif
bth_Bang_Head.gif
bth_Bang_Head.gif
bth_Bang_Head.gif
bth_Bang_Head.gif

tumblr_inline_mmx73uslBB1rs4rqz.gif
tumblr_lum5vzfmwt1qcud1k.gif

We suck now!

Last edited:
Oh for fooks sake. Too much whining, too many people who never got a proper ass kicking growing up. Just my opinion. I really don't give a damn if students are happy, or if someone has "had enough" whiners are what got us down this path in the first place if you ask me. We got a good coach again, he may or may not return us to the national championship but he'll definitely turn us around from where we have been, sorry that firing and hiring people doesn't work like elven magic pixie dust and make you a top 10 team overnight. If you don't wanna go or watch a tv from your comfy couch because we might lose, and you find that distressing.... please stay at home, and GTFO of Neyland Stadium. While your at it buy a Crimson "A" hat, ya fair weather whiney self entitled douche bags....

Reactions: 2 people
Oh for fooks sake. Too much whining, too many people who never got a proper ass kicking growing up. Just my opinion. I really don't give a damn if students are happy, or if someone has "had enough" whiners are what got us down this path in the first place if you ask me. We got a good coach again, he may or may not return us to the national championship but he'll definitely turn us around from where we have been, sorry that firing and hiring people doesn't work like elven magic pixie dust and make you a top 10 team overnight. If you don't wanna go or watch a tv from your comfy couch because we might lose, and you find that distressing.... please stay at home, and GTFO of Neyland Stadium. While your at it buy a Crimson "A" hat, ya fair weather whiney self entitled douche bags....

They're cry babies too though....
crying-alabama-fan-sports-crying-gifs.gif

The last time UT beat UF your current UT freshman was in what? The 5th grade? What do you expect them to think?

Reactions: 1 person
I was fortunate enough to get free student tix when I was in school and we packed the place. To me it's more important to fill the student section and keep the energy going throughout the game by getting as many students in there as possible.

I think that all stopped my Freshman year in 08. It may be no coincidence that the only time the student section was sold out was the UF game last year.

Where have you been? Have you seen the student section? It's half full.

But your point is true that the kids today don't remember or weren't alive when UT was good. They've been bad their entire lives, which sucks.

So college students are....5 years old?

But, they're not just students...they're the future of UT fanbase. Times iz changin yo

Reactions: 1 person
So college students are....5 years old?

They were back when we were good. I mean 98 was 15 years ago (kinda crazy, right?). We had some good teams after that of course, but if the average ut student is 19ish, were they old enough to even remember the good ole days?

When we start winning again it will take care of everything. Hopefully sooner than later. We didn't realize how good we had it in the 90s especially. I remember when our fan base was upset because we didn't cover a spread in a game. Man how far we have really dropped since the 90s its really sad to think about it.

But, they're not just students...they're the future of UT fanbase. Times iz changin yo

Then someone needs to kick them in the ass until they're tough enough to handle adversity.....all these threads remind of that kid that throws a tantrum when he starts to lose at a boardgame. Some parents let their kids win, some make em sell off park place and and take their houses and hotels....too much candy butt pouting in my opinion. We're losing......let's do what we got to do to win, and not act like Bama did for a decade chasing off decent coaches and recruits as well because of having the most annoying whiney fans.

Then someone needs to kick them in the ass until they're tough enough to handle adversity.....all these threads remind of that kid that throws a tantrum when he starts to lose at a boardgame. Some parents let their kids win, some make em sell off park place and and take their houses and hotels....too much candy butt pouting in my opinion. We're losing......let's do what we got to do to win, and not act like Bama did for a decade chasing off decent coaches and recruits as well because of having the most annoying whiney fans.

...you're alright Fury

They were back when we were good. I mean 98 was 15 years ago (kinda crazy, right?). We had some good teams after that of course, but if the average ut student is 19ish, were they old enough to even remember the good ole days?

I'm 19. And I've been a fan since only 2006. But I know pretty much all about the 90s and early 2000s. A lot or people want to say we have sucked since after 2001. That's not even remotely true. 2007 was our last good season. So 5 years, probably 7 years in all of sucking before we get back to the top

I'm 19. And I've been a fan since only 2006. But I know pretty much all about the 90s and early 2000s. A lot or people want to say we have sucked since after 2001. That's not even remotely true. 2007 was our last good season. So 5 years, probably 7 years in all of sucking before we get back to the top

It ended with Fulmer, let's hope it begins with Butch brickbybrick Jones!

I overheard a kid say that to his dad last week while they were talking about UT football, and it got me thinking (yeah, I'm about to get philosophical up in here). We're constantly inching toward the seemingly inevitable point where the average UT student would've been too young to remember a truly great UT fb team. And, now that they charge for student tickets, are the "new-school" UT students going to have the same passion for UT fb that we all had growing up? Will they have the same incentive to get their butts to the game instead of just watching on hd, 3d tvs? What about away games? It's hard to go to the swamp knowing that you're gonna have to do the walk of shame out of the stadium (a lot of us know how difficult that can be). We may be coming to a point where being a UT fan means something entirely different to the new generation of students. Just sayin...
So, you're sipping some of that Jim Jones, Cyanide Citrus blend, eh? :loco:

VN Store

Back