"Why even go if we're just gonna lose"

I firmly believe that if we beat Florida in the Swamp tomorrow, you won't be able to find a seat for that Georgia game in any section.

Charging the students to get into the game is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Not as stupid as entitled students inexplicably thinking that it's their birthright to go to the games for free while 80,000 other people have to pay. It's $10. I don't feel sorry for anybody who lacks the ability to scrap that measly amount if money together to attend a football game.

There is a strong correlation between fan passion and winning.

When you start losing...and then continue for almost a decade...that's some tough s*** to get hyped for.

We've lost more games in the last 3 years than we did in all of the 90's.

We've lost more games in the last 3 years than all of the 90's? Man i had not heard that yet. That is just the reality right there. Deep stinging reality! How i miss the 90's.

Not as stupid as entitled students inexplicably thinking that it's their birthright to go to the games for free while 80,000 other people have to pay. It's $10. I don't feel sorry for anybody who lacks the ability to scrap that measly amount if money together to attend a football game.

If you're a student paying absurd tuition and constantly getting the big orange screw, you deserve to go to the games for free.

If you're a student paying absurd tuition and constantly getting the big orange screw, you deserve to go to the games for free.

I guess I misunderstood what the purpose of tuition was. Here I was all this time thinking it was being paid for an education and a degree to help advance their careers later in life. Where the hell do people cook up the notion that free football tickets should be included as well? As it is they get them at a MASSIVE discount and get some of the best seats in the stadium.

Reactions: 1 person
UT needs to win a big game in the worst way possible. That would get people back in the stands.

Honestly I feel the 2010 loss to lsu and then north carolina set us back more than the bama and uga blow outs. we were all heart broken. we win those games and moral and belief in the new coach would have been different. in 2010 the team played their tails off they just were depleted. point being we would have had enthusiasm out the a@#!!

Honestly I feel the 2010 loss to lsu and then north carolina set us back more than the bama and uga blow outs. we were all heart broken. we win those games and moral and belief in the new coach would have been different. in 2010 the team played their tails off they just were depleted. point being we would have had enthusiasm out the a@#!!

not to mention we let uk, usc, and vandy surpass us.

I guess I'm just plum crazy then.

I was a UT student for Fulmer's last year, Kiffin's only year and Dooley's first two years. Before then i was only mildly interested in football. I became extremely passionate directly after Kiffin left, I wanted to see how the chaos hurt our program and my research sparked something in me.

Now I follow recruiting, join message boards and read up on other SEC programs if only to gauge where we are at and how much progress we are making in getting back.

So winning didn't make me a passionate fan by any means.

I guess I misunderstood what the purpose of tuition was. Here I was all this time thinking it was being paid for an education and a degree to help advance their careers later in life. Where the hell do people cook up the notion that free football tickets should be included as well? As it is they get them at a MASSIVE discount and get some of the best seats in the stadium.

i agree completely with you.

if you want to you'll find a way. students are resourceful. they come up with beer money, condom money, and weed money. they can find 10 bucks for a football ticket.

Charging the students to get into the game is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

$10 to go to a football game isn't much. Are you aware how much the school charges for tuition? If you want to complain about the poor students, complain about that.

Last edited:

Perhaps you're right. Those were pretty tough losses, especially the LSU loss. However, I feel the UF loss last year really took the wind out. Honestly, it felt like everyone put all they had into that game. Players, fans, coaches, etc.

When I was at UT, we paid for an 'activities card' that you used to get a ticket to any sporting event, plays on campus, and movies on campus. For football we went to the library and got extra activity cards from the Asians to get our friends tickets..You could use up to 10 cards to get 10 tickets. Tickets were in bundles and you got random sections so one game might be end zone and one 50 yd line.

For football we went to the library and got extra activity cards from the Asians to get our friends tickets..You could use up to 10 cards to get 10 tickets. Tickets were in bundles and you got random sections so one game might be end zone and one 50 yd line.

Same here but I could swear I recall there being a small charge too.....in my case a guy who was like a 12 yr student we called Dirty Dan taught us the trade of getting cards from foreign students, paying them a small amount and then making money off of selling the tickets on big games scalping he had diff people he'd send he paid for his tuition from doing that shiz.......Dirty Dan moved 40-100 tickets on games.......had completely forgot about him until you said that.

VN Store

Back