Why Was JHurd PLaying Safety in the First Place?

WiseOlVol

More chances for injury. More fatigue, making him less effective at RB.

He wasn't going to play S in college or the NFL. What was the Beech coach thinking?

I'm glad he's in the dock till UT can get a hold of him...and that it's not a knee.

Reactions: 7 people
Beech was playing to win the game. Lots of two way guys in hs ball.

Reactions: 3 people
I imagine he was thinking "how can i get my best athlete on the field?". Probably thought he was less likely to get hurt playing safety than LB or DE

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't TKjr play just about every snap including special teams last week? It's extremely common for the kids with D1 talent to play on both sides of the ball in high school.

Because he was needed as a safety on their team. 2 other good RB's on the Beech team, so he was not as big of a need at RB. The Beech coach still has the responsibility of putting the best players on the field to help the team win games.

did u watch his game op? Hurd played as well at safety as he did at RB. Even said a lot of schools were recruiting him to play on defense but he was insistent on being a RB in college.

Beech is 5A, not 7 on 7, right?

There were lots of guys on the sideline.

Oh, well, this opens the door for Butch to rush another 5* RB without fear of insulting JH.

Malone played both ways as well. Depth is an issue at a lot of High Schools.Want a championship? Put the best players in where they can help.

High school, you put your best players on the field and a lot play both ways. I watched the game, and he got hurt playing offense. The announcers said he was being looked at as a safety or outside lb at the college level as well as rb. He will get his shot at rb first but may out grow the position. He's 6'4" 230 now and really looks lean so who knows how big this kid may get. Although Brandon Jacobs showed a guy can be a really good rb at 6'4" 270 so size doesn't necessarily rule out playing in the backfield. Regardless of where he plays, he ought to be a good addition to the Vols.

Oh, well, this opens the door for Butch to rush another 5* RB without fear of insulting JH.

Stop acting like he just tore his ACL. Butch is not gonna go after another RB to replace Hurd.

Reactions: 4 people

Hell, there are so many bodies on the sideline, why even play him at all? Just keep him in a bubble so as to make sure he doesn't get hurt.

VN Store

Back