Why Was JHurd PLaying Safety in the First Place?

It's just that your ignorance of all things football makes people weary just thinking about how to explain something so very simple to you that they give up before even trying.

At least that's what always happens to me when I see you start a thread.

You're like a child that wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

Attachments

• notsowise.jpg
    notsowise.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 293
Reactions: 1 person
Beech is 5A, not 7 on 7, right?

There were lots of guys on the sideline.

Oh, well, this opens the door for Butch to rush another 5* RB without fear of insulting JH.

They stand on the sidelines because TN HS is pretty average talent wise. After the elite talent, it drops off pretty quick. JH is frigging elite of the elite. You're going to play that guy as much as you can.

Malone had enough sense to matador tackle in the secondary so as not to get hurt. Hurd put a lick on guys every chance he could. One is a receiver taught to avoid contact, the other is used to contact running the ball. As to the sense in having him back there - I don't like it at all since I am more concerned about what happens when he gets to Knoxville. Beech's HC is more concerned with winning championships for his pocket and career.

Jalen will be fine. He's a hard worker and I am glad it wasn't one of his wheels.

Reactions: 2 people
More chances for injury. More fatigue, making him less effective at RB.

He wasn't going to play S in college or the NFL. What was the Beech coach thinking?

I'm glad he's in the dock till UT can get a hold of him...and that it's not a knee.

You obviously never played an organized sport. Ever walked and chewed gum at the same time? Ever played shortstop and pitcher in school? Ever played point guard and forward? Ever ran the 100 and 200 and 4×100 in high school? That's what they do in organized sports.

Reactions: 4 people
He hurt his shoulder at the end of a running play. He streched out the ball for an extra yard and landed on outstreched arm. One or two guys on his back, shoulder joint no likie. Thus a tear to the capsule that keeps arm in place.

Playing defense was not the issue. Physics was.

Just saying...

Reactions: 2 people
He hurt his shoulder at the end of a running play. He streched out the ball for an extra yard and landed on outstreched arm. One or two guys on his back, shoulder joint no likie. Thus a tear to the capsule that keeps arm in place.

Playing defense was not the issue. Physics was.

Just saying...

No use trying to make sense of it. Some people just don't get it

You obviously never played an organized sport. Ever walked and chewed gum at the same time? Ever played shortstop and pitcher in school? Ever played point guard and forward? Ever ran the 100 and 200 and 4×100 in high school? That's what they do in organized sports.

this !! in most football teams in high school your best player plays both sides.

More chances for injury. More fatigue, making him less effective at RB.

He wasn't going to play S in college or the NFL. What was the Beech coach thinking?

I'm glad he's in the dock till UT can get a hold of him...and that it's not a knee.

It took me awhile, but I've noticed you're not to wise.

High school, you put your best players on the field and a lot play both ways. I watched the game, and he got hurt playing offense. The announcers said he was being looked at as a safety or outside lb at the college level as well as rb. He will get his shot at rb first but may out grow the position. He's 6'4" 230 now and really looks lean so who knows how big this kid may get. Although Brandon Jacobs showed a guy can be a really good rb at 6'4" 270 so size doesn't necessarily rule out playing in the backfield. Regardless of where he plays, he ought to be a good addition to the Vols.

According to Jamal Lewis Hurd is the future prototypical back in the next few years due to the size of the DB's.

he probably wanted to play to help his team win, he isn't probably as selfish as OP...only thinking of his self and his future, he wants to win and likes to play the game...maybe he likes both positions and he knew that this year was going to be the last he plays of one of them...

It's just that your ignorance of all things football makes people weary just thinking about how to explain something so very simple to you that they give up before even trying.

At least that's what always happens to me when I see you start a thread.

You're like a child that wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

The Dude abides.

because he's in hs and playing hs ball. He does what he can to help his team. He's not a Vol yet, once he's enrolled Butch Jones will play him where he best helps out our team. As of now he plays for Beech and will do what he can to help his team win. It's an unfortunate injury, but to be angry he was playing both ways is absolutely absurd.

Didn't TKjr play just about every snap including special teams last week? It's extremely common for the kids with D1 talent to play on both sides of the ball in high school.

Yeap its common, Even not D1 talent played every snap, I never left the field back in the day. :hi:

I didn't mean to embarrass your small-towners. [Such a defensive, mean-spirited bunch.]

Studs don't play both ways at the top levels in FL, GA, TX and CA.

I didn't mean to embarrass your small-towners. [Such a defensive, mean-spirited bunch.]

Studs don't play both ways at the top levels in FL, GA, TX and CA.

Because the talent gap on each individual team is not as wide. Damn you are dense.

VN Store

Back