Why young Men do not defend Women these days.

I made the mistake of watching 1 episode of the new star trek. See my post in the Trans agenda thread. Yikes...

Which one? I watched the first couple of seasons of Discovery. It wasn't that bad but people said it gets worse. Keep in mind that Star Trek was pretty much woke from the start.

I spend a decent amount of time with younger kids though they are better then average, because I do stuff with my Son and his friends. I would agree on one hand, they are really nice kids...but most are extremely soft. The kids in question have been Boy Scouts, and Little League. What I notice most however is how very soft they are compared to us as kids. True they have fewer bullies, and they consider other's feelings quite a bit more. But most I fear would react just like that guy in the video. They run from insects, and consider skinning their knee a serious injury that requires medical attention. It's deffinately very very different. The biggest factor is even among the Scouts most are indoor video game couch potatoes. It's worse when you get outside the scouts....... But ideals of courage, bravery etc....have never been tought, and mostly chastised by the education system. We've all but raised 2-3 generations of cowards. Sure that's a blanket statement, and you have plenty of heroes in that generation, and in the military, etc.....but those are the exceptions and very much not the norm at all. At some point we might get into a real war again, or civil unrest that requires men do protect women and children....and if these guys are the only "good men" to stand in the way of "evil". Our society is in serious trouble. I try very hard to raise my kid more old school, but I get him for far fewer hours then the school system. So I can try and have him hold a door for an older woman, but the school would call him a misogynist for doing so. Ultimately if you don't think kids are softer, and less likely to help people in a crisis now, I would say it is YOU that need to get outside and interact with younger people.

We just finished 20 years of war in which none of the combat arms had trouble filling their ranks so you are wrong about us raising 2-3 generations of cowards.

tell that to Daniel Penny.
My son's bjj instructor cautioned them against using submissions because of this scenario. He knows them but can control bigger kids with technique. I think that guy just wanted to show off his moves

We just finished 20 years of war in which none of the combat arms had trouble filling their ranks so you are wrong about us raising 2-3 generations of cowards.

I agree with your overall statement but to be fair, only 2-3% of the population was needed to fill the military ranks.

I don't think we have cowards, but I do see radicalization becoming more common among young people (and heck even some of the older generations).

Neely hadn't accosted anyone, male or female. Penny choked him to death. Not to the point of incapacitation. I fail to see the similarities in the cases. You seem to have made a leap of logic with a very wide broad brush. Which female was Penny protecting?

If you believe Wikipedia:
Neely boarded the train at the Second Avenue station just before it departed and reportedly began screaming that he was hungry, needed a job, was not afraid of going to prison, and was ready to die. Freelance journalist Juan Alberto Vázquez, who witnessed the incident, said that Neely removed his jacket and threw it violently to the floor, resulting in other passengers moving away from him. Penny then approached Neely from behind and put him in a chokehold.

Penny maintained the hold after the train had reached its next stop, Broadway–Lafayette Street, while other passengers held the doors open to prevent it from moving. During the chokehold, some bystanders gave warnings on Neely's health, with one telling Penny, "You're gonna kill him" to which Penny did not respond. Vázquez captured the final three minutes of the hold on video, which shows Penny applying it for nearly a minute after Neely had stopped struggling and gone limp. Vázquez was widely quoted as saying the chokehold lasted a total of fifteen minutes; however, he later told CNN it was around seven minutes. Prosecutors alleged that the chokehold lasted for six minutes, while Penny said it lasted less than five minutes.
I thought witness came forward regarding Neely's threats of harm..
And didn't care about jail etc.... if true and someone is making those threats in a contain area where people can't escape, what would you do?

When I was in Mexico, I saw these drug dealers beating the f*** out of a drug addict tourist who owed them $. I saw it and didn't know why it was happening and wanted to be hero but I was too scared to approach and try to calm things down. I just sat and watched I guess to see if I should intervene? IDK what I was doing. But I did the math on everything and figured out what the scenario was and was glad I didn't try to say something. The jefe gave me a look and I just nodded at him to say I'm not gonna be a problem and walked off. They punted this dude in the face while he was on all 4's. It was nuts. Like from the Sopranos or something. They let him go and he got up stumbling running and crashed face first into the cobblestone pavement. People were laughing at him. It ****ed me up. I know I did the right thing but it is hard to see suffering. It'd be hard to ignore this woman's plea.

Choke hold bro went too far. I don't think he was necessarily wrong in restraining the man who was acting nuts and threatening potential violence (though again, you never know who is strapped or not so its always a big risk), but he held the choke for way too long and killed the dude. It was an accident but an avoidable one.

When I was in Mexico, I saw these drug dealers beating the f*** out of a drug addict tourist who owed them $. I saw it and didn't know why it was happening and wanted to be hero but I was too scared to approach and try to calm things down. I just sat and watched I guess to see if I should intervene? IDK what I was doing. But I did the math on everything and figured out what the scenario was and was glad I didn't try to say something. The jefe gave me a look and I just nodded at him to say I'm not gonna be a problem and walked off. They punted this dude in the face while he was on all 4's. It was nuts. Like from the Sopranos or something. They let him go and he got up stumbling running and crashed face first into the cobblestone pavement. People were laughing at him. It ****ed me up. I know I did the right thing but it is hard to see suffering. It'd be hard to ignore this woman's plea.

If you are outside of your home, that is definitely understandable.

I agree with your overall statement but to be fair, only 2-3% of the population was needed to fill the military ranks.

I don't think we have cowards, but I do see radicalization becoming more common among young people (and heck even some of the older generations).

Don't get me wrong, I have some real concerns about the youth of today but I'm not ready to label 2-3 entire generations cowards.

My son's bjj instructor cautioned them against using submissions because of this scenario. He knows them but can control bigger kids with technique. I think that guy just wanted to show off his moves

When I did bjj it was always worse to roll with newer guys. The newer guys learned a little technique and thought they were killers, going at 100% and trying way too hard to go for submissions even just warming up. They were the "bros" you are describing above who wanted to show everyone how tough they were. The experienced folks didn't need to put on shows like that. Slow, methodical, technical. Never acted like they were hot ****. Usually rolled like they were half taking a nap, and when they submit you they aren't actively trying to rip your arm off unlike the new guys.

That being said I don't know what his particular experience level is but his willingness to pull out that choke in public reminds me of those newer brash dudes I used to roll with back in the day.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Choke hold bro went too far. I don't think he was necessarily wrong in restraining the man who was acting nuts and threatening potential violence (though again, you never know who is strapped or not so its always a big risk), but he held the choke for way too long and killed the dude. It was an accident but an avoidable one.

Just an L all the way around and horrible. Feel bad for the guy. He went too far and I think the system has got to make him pay but I hope it's not too harsh....especially since cops in the same city killed a guy with an illegal choke and got away with it. He's already further in the process than the cops got before they were off.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I see a lot of hate for women on social media right now. Mostly the "Alpha" Male movement.

Some women deserve it but there are a lot of good women out there (typically these group dig up social media videos from the worse women possibly and say all women are like this).

Where do you see this hate?

Just an L all the way around and horrible. Feel bad for the guy. He went too far and I think the system has got to make him pay but I hope it's not too harsh....especially since cops in the same city killed a guy with an illegal choke and got away with it. He's already further in the process than the cops got before they were off.

True enough. Dude should have been a cop and he would have skirted this by now.

Reactions: LouderVol
Which one? I watched the first couple of seasons of Discovery. It wasn't that bad but people said it gets worse. Keep in mind that Star Trek was pretty much woke from the start.
The original? I think woke is a bit harsh.

When I did bjj it was always worse to roll with newer guys. The newer guys learned a little technique and thought they were killers, going at 100% and trying way too hard to go for submissions even just warming up. They were the "bros" you are describing above who wanted to show everyone how tough they were. The experienced folks didn't need to put on shows like that. Slow, methodical, technical. Never acted like they were hot ****. Usually rolled like they were half taking a nap, and when they submit you they aren't actively trying to rip your arm off unlike the new guys.

That being said I don't know what his particular experience level is but his willingness to pull out that choke in public reminds me of those newer brash dudes I used to roll with back in the day.
I don't know what he did on his own time but I'm assuming he picked up some hand to hand/grappling while in the Marines.

I think its a combination of things.

I think it starts with parenting, or lack there of. A lot of times that leaves kids to develop on their own without learning values or consequences. The opposite also applies, helicopter parenting is going to destroy any drive to take a stand because they are used to doing something themselves.

one of the way kids raise themselves is SM. on SM they are going to see a bunch of things all telling them NOT to get involved.
1. Lawyers & all the civil suits out there, forget jail, your life can be ruined even if you do nothing criminal. heck you can completely on the right side of things and still get sued to death.
2. They are told how women are equal, so its no longer the mindset that women are weaker and need to be protected. they want equality, sometimes that comes with getting punched in the face. You take up for a woman now, and she is just as likely to berate you, as she is to thank you.
3. any of the rest of the "PC" mindset, where violence, physicality, and direct confrontations are extremely taboo. They aren't taught that a fist fight solves issues.
4. the type of "bad guy" they are dealing with is a lot worse than just some creep or a-hole at a bar, where you might have a "reasonable" fight. You are probably dealing with someone who is straight up crazy. even "manly men" are going to think twice about getting into a fight with someone who is deranged.
5. a good chunk of it too imo is they aren't going to know who started what, is there a relationship, or did she start it, and is she getting her comeuppance. There is a decent chance getting involved that you are coming to the aid of the "bad guy". If anyone has seen the first episode of Fallout, think of the chicken farmer situation.
6. There is also the issue of what is the point? The bad guy gets out of jail scot free. The woman doesn't thank them. society doesn't hold you in any higher standing for defending someone else. So not only are there a lot of negatives for getting involved, but there is pretty much no benefit. all risk, no reward.

It's there. For example, I'm in a Facebook group called Drinking Bro's: Sports with 11,000 members. It's mostly talk about football and sports in general, but a lot of the hateful posts are typically reserved for women in sports. Of course there were gonna be people criticizing Megan Rapinoe, but nobody is safe. They try to kill everybody. Candace Parker? Why? Caitlyn Clark gets it a lot, and it seems like she would be safe...nope, photoshopped pics with an Adam's apple and **** like that. These are all the kinds of guys who are self-proclaimed alphas.

It's there. For example, I'm in a Facebook group called Drinking Bro's: Sports with 11,000 members. It's mostly talk about football and sports in general, but a lot of the hateful posts are typically reserved for women in sports. Of course there were gonna be people criticizing Megan Rapinoe, but nobody is safe. They try to kill everybody. Candace Parker? Why? Caitlyn Clark gets it a lot, and it seems like she would be safe...nope, photoshopped pics with an Adam's apple and **** like that. These are all the kinds of guys who are self-proclaimed alphas.

The only dudes who talk about alphas, betas, sigmas etc are chronically online men who blame all women for why they can't get a date, so they embrace guys like Tate who tell them they have to be giant assholes towards women because 1) it's what they deserve and 2) it's what they actually want and they'll be interested in you then.

The only dudes who talk about alphas, betas, sigmas etc are chronically online men who blame all women for why they can't get a date, so they embrace guys like Tate who tell them they have to be giant assholes towards women because 1) it's what they deserve and 2) it's what they actually want and they'll be interested in you then.
Yeah, when the guy asked “where people are seeing this hate,” I was going to say uhh Andrew Tate’s entire following and persona? Lol

Reactions: MercyPercy
Whats that page? Asking for a friend.... sounds like a good old women haters club.

There are a ton of cowards out there. You can see them at almost any time on the news. They are the protesters wearing face covering.

Yeah, when the guy asked “where people are seeing this hate,” I was going to say uhh Andrew Tate’s entire following and persona? Lol

I don't follow or watch anything he does. I just heard about his arrests. He seems to be a guy who take locker room talk to the public.

Reactions: volbound1700

I think this is just radical situations but it seems more common. I couldn't find a lot of them today but several weeks ago, my feed was bombed with all of these videos. You had me doing my homework.

While I agree with a lot brought up (specifically in certain circumstances described), I don't think ALL women are bad or fit the bill of what a lot of these people bring up. It comes off like these posters are just bitter about a past breakup/rejection rather than any real argument.

Still, once again, social media is allowing it to flame and create radicalism.

VN Store

Back