Will CBJ return Tennessee to prominence?

Let's start a new way of thinking, OPTIMISM. Don't be a Negavolarator. Carnac the Magnificent says Butch will get it done. Besides which other coach around has the type of personality to unite the fanbase and bring in the recruits we are getting.

Apparently no coach when it comes to this fanbase. See post # 26.

Probably not, as we lack in-state talent to compete on a consistent level with Bama, LSU, Florida. Unfortunately, we aren't as good at recruiting nationally because it's just a lot more competitive than it was in 98. The best we can hope for is 8-10 wins per year and an occasional SEC championship appearance. Will be a fun ride though.

Have you seen our commit list so far this season?

Unlike kiffin and dooley Butch has proven that he can win. My main concern about him was whether on not he could recruit against other SEC coaches and he has shown that he can outrecruit most. Anyone that says that he cannot or will not succeed should be Butch slapped.

Now I am not for Kiffin by any means, but you do realize that your comment is based on false info right? Kiffin has a winning percentage of 59% as a head coach, Butch has a 54%.......just throwing some food for thought.

Now I am not for Kiffin by any means, but you do realize that your comment is based on false info right? Kiffin has a winning percentage of 59% as a head coach, Butch has a 54%.......just throwing some food for thought.

CBJ's published career winning % as a head coach is published as .649. I will go do the math for myself to verify.

Edit: He's won 50 of 77 games, giving him a .649 winning %. It would appear that you divided the 50 wins into the 27 losses to come up with the 54%, which is incorrect.

:hi:

Edit 2: Kiffin has a .627 winning % in college-- all of which was accumulated after his hire at UT, since he had never been a college head coach before, and lost more than he won in the Pros.

Last edited:
Unless CBJ has luck on par with Dooley, he'll get us back to winning 9/10 games a year.

He's already proven that he can recruit. We know he can coach. The only left is an insane work ethic and level of dedication, and it appears he has that as well.

Don't mean to cherry pick Aesius, but I would like to submit that Dooley's massive failures at UT had very little to do with luck.

He has united the fanbase for the most part .

That will last until loss #1.

There are two keys to his early success:

1-The defense must show steady improvement (hold opponents under 28)

2-Win any game in which he is an underdog.

That will last until loss #1.

There are two keys to his early success:

1-The defense must show steady improvement (hold opponents under 28)

2-Win any game in which he is an underdog.

Do you mean win any game in which we are favored? Win any game in which we are an underdog means beating Oregon, Florida, Alabama, ......

Do you mean win any game in which we are favored? Win any game in which we are an underdog means beating Oregon, Florida, Alabama, ......

I wouldn't expect the fanbase to remain united when the losses start to pile up, even to favored teams. He will need an upset along the way THIS SEASON or the rumblings will begin. It's the nature of the SEC.

I wouldn't expect the fanbase to remain united when the losses start to pile up, even to favored teams. He will need an upset along the way THIS SEASON or the rumblings will begin. It's the nature of the SEC.

Ok, got ya. Agreed that win the games you're supposed to + an upset win will cement good feelings.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back