Will McCarthy be SOH?

What you and I want is less gov. and less regulation. These things came about because of terrorism. We had a lot of freedom before terrorism (and a damn good time). That DOES NOT MEAN NO GOV. AND NO REGULATION. DUH. Massive national debt has historically, and will continue from free money trickle down. View attachment 529332

Congress controls spending. Congress can even override a presidential veto. A lot of spending is simply the amassed cans kicked down the road by earlier congresses - like the idiots that decided on health insurance for all. Presidents can request, demand, cajole, have hissy fits, etc; but they still can't set the budget. Congress told Trump that not only would they not fund his projects but that he also couldn't even reallocate or just not spend funds ... amazingly enough they didn't impeach him again for trying.

o9K2nUlFQiKx.jpeg
It's a funny idea, but anyone who really thinks this is happening is high He wouldn't really want to and he wouldn't be good at it. Trump is many not someone who should lead an investigation. He wants to be the head MAGA in charge. Bad fit amf he wouldn't get the votes anyway.

View attachment 529419
It's a funny idea, but anyone who really thinks this is happening is high He wouldn't really want to and he wouldn't be good at it. Trump is many not someone who should lead an investigation. He wants to be the head MAGA in charge. Bad fit amf he wouldn't get the votes anyway.

1) He gets to save face and drop our of the POTUS race "on his own."

2) He can be ceremonial leader and delegate the day to day to McCarthy.

3) The far right loves it and claims victory.

4) Trump gets to say he made history, going form POTUS to Speaker.

5) He can order investigations of him stop and investigations of his enemies occur.

It actually ticks a lot of boxes.

Once again, Republicans showing they cannot get their s*** in a pile when they have an opportunity and win back one of the chambers. They can screw up a one man parade. Fortunately, whoever is the SOH, I suspect nothing much gets done anyway with a split congress and a brain donor that mostly sleeps the day away.

Reactions: AM64
Here's the problem, in a nutshell: by giving each single member the opportunity to move to vacate the chair as just one vote, rather than a majority of the House, what that does is allow 217 GOPers the ability ON EVERY ACTION, to cry foul and make the motion.

Guys like Gaetz and even some that begrudgingly flipped today will make these motions constantly. And each time it will stall things a bit. And they'll do it over and over just to appease the loons.

So McCarthy has really damaged the role of Speaker, just to become the Speaker.

Here's the problem, in a nutshell: by giving each single member the opportunity to move to vacate the chair as just one vote, rather than a majority of the House, what that does is allow 217 GOPers the ability ON EVERY ACTION, to cry foul and make the motion.

Guys like Gaetz and even some that begrudgingly flipped today will make these motions constantly. And each time it will stall things a bit. And they'll do it over and over just to appease the loons.

So McCarthy has really damaged the role of Speaker, just to become the Speaker.

So the reality is the house will run smoother than it ever has.

Have any other names thrown out actually expressed interest in being speaker? I'm enjoying this **** show as much as anyone and ol K-Mac deserves all the humiliation he's been getting, but who else do the Rs have as an alternative? I thought I read the random names they've been throwing out don't want it and wouldn't accept.

Have any other names thrown out actually expressed interest in being speaker? I'm enjoying this **** show as much as anyone and ol K-Mac deserves all the humiliation he's been getting, but who else do the Rs have as an alternative? I thought I read the random names they've been throwing out don't want it and wouldn't accept.
Scalise would be the most likely.

A very deep pool of underqualified, over-grievanced middle-age white dudes.

VN Store

Back