Will Tennessee Make The NCAA's?

Remember how every year on tournament selection day how they have coverage of the teams gathered to receive their invitation. Pat always hosted them at her place and it was always a celebration for which regional they were seeded 1 or 2 in and who they were hosting in the first weekend at TBA. Remember how they also show coverage of the bubble teams celebrating and going crazy for just making it into the tournament. They seldom showed coverage of the teams in the middle of the field. I suppose ESPN will have a TV crew in Knoxville once again this year possibly from Holly's garage with the players sitting around on rented folding chairs and her Harley in the background. Oh yes, they will be the ones going crazy.
ESPN may not visit Knoxville since it's not out of the realm of possibility that the LadyVols crash and burn enough to be left out of the NCAA Tournament.2urujc.jpg

ESPN may not visit Knoxville since it's not out of the realm of possibility that the LadyVols crash and burn enough to be left out of the NCAA Tournament.View attachment 195809

I agree with your viewpoint but I still think they'll have a crew here to capitalize on it for their own gains. Either by showing the disappointment for not making it for the first time ever or by showing how ecstatic we are for barely squeeking in like all of the other perennial bubble teams, showing how far the program has fallen from grace.

Remember how every year on tournament selection day how they have coverage of the teams gathered to receive their invitation. Pat always hosted them at her place and it was always a celebration for which regional they were seeded 1 or 2 in and who they were hosting in the first weekend at TBA. Remember how they also show coverage of the bubble teams celebrating and going crazy for just making it into the tournament. They seldom showed coverage of the teams in the middle of the field. I suppose ESPN will have a TV crew in Knoxville once again this year possibly from Holly's garage with the players sitting around on rented folding chairs and her Harley in the background. Oh yes, they will be the ones going crazy.
Last year, they acted like they were getting news about a root canal.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
If this team somehow gets in its because Fulmer kissed major ASS!!! They don’t deserve NOTHING until that butch hair cut coach GOES AWAY!!!!! She’s run her course and it’s NOT WORKING!!!!! Holly got the love of God just QUIT!!!!!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Just saw Creme's update saying that due to a weak bubble, Vols could still get in with what sounds like a win over Ole Miss plus as little as one SECT win.

Comical how many chances we get and will still manage to fail.

Reactions: Remy
Just saw Creme's update saying that due to a weak bubble, Vols could still get in with what sounds like a win over Ole Miss plus as little as one SECT win.

If that happens, most certainly a better team will be left out

Reactions: PG1
If that happens, most certainly a better team will be left out
When I get a chance, I'll go back more years, but in the last 4 years, the best RPI to not get in was UTEP at 37 in 2016 (Is there any record of who was on probation and when?), and the worst RPI to get in with an At-Large bid was Purdue at 66 (also 2016).
RealTimeRPI has them at 65 now. If the committee goes strictly by RPI (which they won't), they needed to be in the mid to high 40's, which they were prior to the Vanderbilt loss.
Does this Creme guy have a good record of predicting who gets in and who doesn't?

When I get a chance, I'll go back more years, but in the last 4 years, the best RPI to not get in was UTEP at 37 in 2016 (Is there any record of who was on probation and when?), and the worst RPI to get in with an At-Large bid was Purdue at 66 (also 2016).
RealTimeRPI has them at 65 now. If the committee goes strictly by RPI (which they won't), they needed to be in the mid to high 40's, which they were prior to the Vanderbilt loss.
Does this Creme guy have a good record of predicting who gets in and who doesn't?
That’s what he is the best at. As far as the tournament and actually being able to analyze anything for real that’s the only thing anyone can be really good at because actual seeding and placement outside of the top 8 teams isn’t known even by the committee up until the day they are chosen which about 7-10 days or so before the NCAA tourney actually starts. I charted him a few years ago and his accuracy on who gets in was extremely high. If I recall correctly 98%. His worst year ever he only got 65 out of 68 teams.

I wish Charlie would have waited until after Ole Miss and SEC 1st round to make that hypothesis.

The Lady Vols have to beat Ole Miss, otherwise they're done, unless they win the SEC Tournament.
If they beat Ole Miss their first round match in the SEC Tourney will almost certainly be LSU or Auburn. If they lose, they're most likely done as far as the NCAAs.
I'm not sure how much a win vs either of those bubble teams increases their RPI, but it might be enough. (And the loser of this game might be out!)
Their next game would almost certainly be against Mississippi State.

Not that I'm keen on kicking Evina to the curb, but Massengill is supposed to be the true PG on the team. If Evina does leave, hope Jazmine has a big leap during her sophomore year.

Doubt Jaz will make that leap and be better than E.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
The better question is whether Tennessee will except an invitation to the WNIT
and they will lose to Southwest Montana Community College.
noidea.gif

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back