Will Tennessee Make The NCAA's?

Love Holly but sadly she is not the answer and unfortunately, never will be. Against the Aggies the ladies looked almost uninspired after halftime. Poor Holly looked like a deer looking into bright headlights. This team will need to play the next four games like their NCAA lives depends upon them winning the next three games, and actually it does. If they lose to USC, they have to win the next two and at least two games in the SEC tournament. The way they played the second half against the Aggies, they do not look like a team that deserves an NCAA bid.

Reactions: orangealways
Love Holly but sadly she is not the answer and unfortunately, never will be. Against the Aggies the ladies looked almost uninspired after halftime. Poor Holly looked like a deer looking into bright headlights. This team will need to play the next four games like their NCAA lives depends upon them winning the next three games, and actually it does. If they lose to USC, they have to win the next two and at least two games in the SEC tournament. The way they played the second half against the Aggies, they do not look like a team that deserves an NCAA bid.

2 wins of any kind and an SEC win and we're a lock

Sadly
I am even considering this

I don't think they make it. The 37 year streak will end in humiliating fashion. Really is sad. I hate seeing this...even though I want Holly gone in the worst way. The worst result would be not make it....AND Phil stays with Holly....but this 37 year streak really was the last bastion of specialness about this storied program that Holly hasn't ruined.

i been a tennessee vols for many years....since when did we start thinking being stupid is good????..Holly is a good assistance coach......and i said assistance coach...........she couldnt coach a team with 10 mcdonald all-american to a ncaa second round......its not in her DNA!!!

Oh the irony.....

Unfortunately, I see this playing out in predictable fashion:

Loss to SC.

Wins over MISS & Vandy.

One win in SEC tourney.

NCAA invite.

2nd round exit.

Warlick back for 2019-20.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Unfortunately, that's what will most likely happen. Unless they find a way to screw up and lose against either (both ?) Vandy or Ole Miss, in addition to a loss to SC, they will make the NCAA's.

Unfortunately, I see this playing out in predictable fashion:

Loss to SC.

Wins over MISS & Vandy.

One win in SEC tourney.

NCAA invite.

2nd round exit.

Warlick back for 2019-20.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Agree with this down to the last two lines. Ya'll call me crazy and foolishly over-optimistic but I think it plays out exactly as you said but Holly steps down after the last game.

I think I see some leaks in HW's previously impenetrable bubble. I don't think she's having fun anymore. I think her grumble about how the kids have changed is an indication. Coaches can change if they want to but we all see how 80s Offense Holly deals with change. Doesn't like it. May avoid twitter but cannot possibly be unaware of the absolute furor surrounding the program. Seemed to disappear as thoroughly as Rennia Davis last night, put the younguns in and called it a night. Maybe she finally gets it?!?!

Wash, rinse, RESET, for the love of God stop repeating!

Agree with this down to the last two lines. Ya'll call me crazy and foolishly over-optimistic but I think it plays out exactly as you said but Holly steps down after the last game.

I think I see some leaks in HW's previously impenetrable bubble. I don't think she's having fun anymore. I think her grumble about how the kids have changed is an indication. Coaches can change if they want to but we all see how 80s Offense Holly deals with change. Doesn't like it. May avoid twitter but cannot possibly be unaware of the absolute furor surrounding the program. Seemed to disappear as thoroughly as Rennia Davis last night, put the younguns in and called it a night. Maybe she finally gets it?!?!

Wash, rinse, RESET, for the love of God stop repeating!
Interesting take on the situation. I'm eager to see how this plays out.

The latest bracketology has us in as a 9 seed. Unfortunately, we're just fodder for Baylor if we make it past the first game with Arizona State.

The latest bracketology has us in as a 9 seed. Unfortunately, we're just fodder for Baylor if we make it past the first game with Arizona State.

The bubble is so bad in WCBB this year I'm starting to think even a loss to Ole Miss or Vanderbilt wouldn't keep them out. 9 seeds are typically pretty solidly in.

Which btw I know it would be "regression" in the eyes of many but when you look at some of the teams in Bracketology getting in (Auburn, LSU) I think the tournament could really be paired down to 48. Some of these teams are just not good.

Reactions: BreatheUT

I still do not see how the ESPN guy has us at a 9 seed after the loss to SC. If they lose either of the next 2 games, they should not get an invite at all. Vandy and Ole Miss have improved as the season has gone on and we have not.

I still do not see how the ESPN guy has us at a 9 seed after the loss to SC. If they lose either of the next 2 games, they should not get an invite at all. Vandy and Ole Miss have improved as the season has gone on and we have not.

I think ESPN feels the same way about the LadyVols as they do about the men's team. They wan't the LV's in the dance so they can crash and burn on their network during the tournament coverage. If they don't make the dance, then the stories over. If they crash and burn in the tournament, then ESPN can exploit it and capitalize on it for their own ulterior motive.

A bigger problem is when was the last time this team has won in a blowout ? if you want to include the cupcakes feel free.

VN Store

Back