Will Tennessee Win The East Next Year?

Will Tennessee Win the East Next Year?

• Total voters
More talent? Are you serious. Better coaching? Now I know your not.

UF is in serious trouble at DB, extremely thin at LB, weak at RB, No FB, 1 good DL and 3 Average DL is not what I call very talented.
UF's best LB is in the Pros now and 1 injury to a LB and UF's defense is in real trouble.
It remains to be seen if Leak can run the offense since he doesn't like to be hit, the WR's talent wise the best UF has had in a while but they have failed to prove themselves in games.

UT has one of the top 5 DL's in the Nation, also 1 of the top 5 LBing corps in the nation(also 3 of the top 6 fastest LB in the nation) and both are deep. The DB will be much improved over last year.
On offense the team returns virtually intact from last year and have improved.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@May 15, 2005 4:16 PM
More talent? Are you serious. Better coaching? Now I know your not.

UF is in serious trouble at DB, extremely thin at LB, weak at RB, No FB, 1 good DL and 3 Average DL is not what I call very talented.
UF's best LB is in the Pros now and 1 injury to a LB and UF's defense is in real trouble.
It remains to be seen if Leak can run the offense since he doesn't like to be hit, the WR's talent wise the best UF has had in a while but they have failed to prove themselves in games.
UT has one of the top 5 DL's in the Nation, also 1 of the top 5 LBing corps in the nation(also 3 of the top 6 fastest LB in the nation) and both are deep. The DB will be much improved over last year.
On offense the team returns virtually intact from last year and have improved.
[snapback]94117[/snapback]​

ill give you that TN, a lot is still unproven about UF...but even you have to admit were as tallented as UT...it will be a crash course..should be a great game....you have youre opinion and i have mine...time will tell....9/17/05 :thefinger: :D

We have an overall very good offense at that.

Look, Swampy, UF may very well have a good year. I honestly think the Gators will suprise everybody, but beating UT is too much. Is it possible? Yes. But running any sort of spread against what could turn out to be the best up-front defense in the country is suicide. Even if it does work against our boys and you DO get offense rolling, then our offense has a good spot to absolutely mow the Gator defense down. We've got a RB that's looking like he's gonna be just under Heisman-quality, an awesome set of WR's and a QB that will only be getting better.

Good luck in the Swamp, and give your Gators all the help you can. They'll need it.

I think the biggest thing UF has going against UT this year is the element of the unknown.

I love the arrogance of Vol fans, will only hurt um more when they lose ;) ), but yeah...look at it this way...we should have won last year, it was a toss up, which team do you think has improved the most??Couple that with the home field advantage and i (probably a little bais) think/expect UF to win, but i realize Ut will be a VERY good team (probly preseason top 5)

Look for a UT repeat of the last 2 visit to Neyland South.

UF has to many questions on defense and too little depth. Hmmm let's see UT had a young and inexperienced Defense and a Freshman QB, I'll have to go with UT

We get to put our two game winning streak in the swamp on the line ;). I for one am not about to guarantee a victory. I feel that the Vols should win but it should be a good close game imo.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 15, 2005 4:29 PM
We get to put our two game winning streak in the swamp on the line ;). I for one am not about to guarantee a victory. I feel that the Vols should win but it should be a good close game imo.
[snapback]94134[/snapback]​

i agree 100%....both teams are too good, its a toss up...whoever shows up to play should win....i cant wait.

Let's not forget the inexperience at our QB position when the game was played last year, and I think EVERY position with the exception of punter will be improved this year....we get almost all starters back+Simon, and we were very young at a lot of positions when we played UF last season. Should be a nice welcome to the SEC for Meyer and a long night for Leak.(I love winning in the swamp!)

The Gator Nation is set up for the biggest collapse in Florida history. The myth is all hype and the gators are sucking a big lemon and don'r even realize it. You thought SOS was Moses and now think that Urb is Joshua, but in reality, Urb is Galen Hall in disguise, and the the only promise is a divine comedy of errors as he tries to install a midget league offense in the SEC which does away with childish things. Florida will be fortunate to be 6-5 and will not improve behond that. No recruit with any intention of playing on Sundays should even look at Florida..they will go the same way as Nebraska. The surprise factor is the only success Urb has had and he is no longer a surprise...Did you ever stop to think why he didn't go to Norte Dame when Norte Dame was his dream job..ND wanted a REAL coach that could make real promises..and really take them to the PROMISED LAND, not the Mite of the Myth..Welcome to the real world Gator nation.. Chomp..Chomp..Chomp!

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@Apr 27, 2005 8:32 PM
Yea, thats what Im hoping for!!!!! :naughty:
[snapback]86607[/snapback]​

I'll admit I said no. I think UGA gets it again. No offense. Just by two cents.

It'd be a kickass rematch tho if it's LSU and UT. I remember you guys had a shot at the title game on the line. I wonder if there's ever been a SECCG where each team had a title game shot on the line. The only one I can think of would be 2003's game, when it was LSU and UGA. UGA was ranked 5 at the time, but I imagine some other teams would've had to have lost big time and vice versa to have propelled them to the Sugar Bowl that year.

UGA is not a bad choice at all

In fact, I think deep down that they may win the East too.

I think their defense will be quite good. I love their schemes and what Martinez does is exactly what Van Gorder does.

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 25, 2005 12:31 AM
I think their defense will be quite good. I love their schemes and what Martinez does is exactly what Van Gorder does.
[snapback]107484[/snapback]​

It will be interesting though to see what happens now that they've lost the SEC's best pass rusher, best middle linebacker and best Strong Safety.

Thurman was not better then Channing from UF (he was a middle LB..right?), imo.

You're probably right. My point though is that Georgia may have gotten hit even harder by graduation than Auburn did. It's tough to lose your QB, both receivers, middle lb, ss, and a great DE; not to mention the defensive coordinator. Richt is going to earn his paycheck this year.

Its time for his offense to step up....that is what has been holding UGA down the last 2 years

Shockley should bring some new flow to Georgia's offense. But I don't really buy the idea that they were hurt that bad by graduation. Probably a minor setback, yes, but Richt has done such a terrific job recruiting that he will just be able to reload all the positions and look as good going into next season as he did going into last season.

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 25, 2005 2:55 PM
Its time for his offense to step up....that is what has been holding UGA down the last 2 years
[snapback]107565[/snapback]​

I agree with that...but I'm still a skeptic about the new DC even if he does run the exact some schemes, plays, etc.

I'm a bigger skeptic on UGA's offense. Richt has always been labeled somewhat of an offensive mastermind, but it's been pretty clear the last couple of years that they have trouble sticking it in the endzone and settle for a lot of FG attempts. Losing the top 2 receivers and and a 4 year starter at QB can't help that.

I see UGA this year being a lot like we were last year - probably an 8 win team with some upside potential.

Red zone TD's has without doubt been their downfall.

If they don't win the East this year, 2006 will get worse, imo.

VN Store

Back