Will the smokey jerseys come out in Oregon?

I'm thinking the Auburn game. That's the first game we can have recruits visit, and it's against an SEC team we have a good shot at beating.

Auburn is the first SEC game we can have unofficial visitors, but Georgia is going to be a huge weekend for official visits. I'd be wiling to bet we'll see the gray then.

Auburn is the first SEC game we can have unofficial visitors, but Georgia is going to be a huge weekend for official visits. I'd be wiling to bet we'll see the gray then.

I thought we could have unofficial visitors earlier but just not give them free tickets. You would know better than me though.

id have to think it would be uga or usc...went well last time we wore alternates against usc

I want to say yes, but I think Coach will want to show off his new white uni's first. So no.

If Oregon goes with some wacky green/black/carbon fiber set, I'd like to see us hit them with the traditional, awesome home oranges and show them what a classy uniform looks like.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just found where they are wearing highlighter yellow against us. Not enough contrast with orange.

Last edited:
Unless Oregon wears all white, is it even allowed? I know teams get fined when they were colored pants when the home team also wears all colored unis. Am I right? Or is that just pros?

Unless Oregon wears all white, is it even allowed? I know teams get fined when they were colored pants when the home team also wears all colored unis. Am I right? Or is that just pros?

No, that's not even in the pros. Teams are permitted in both the NCAA and NFL to wear whatever color pants they want.

If the home team agrees in advance, both teams may wear colored jerseys, provided the colors contrast, like UT and NC State did in 2012.

If the home team does not agree, the visiting team must wear a white or light jersey. Toledo, for example, wears a very light gray on the road.

If the visiting team wears a colored jersey without the home team's permission, they are assessed a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty following the first play of each half, as Arkansas State was on Saturday against Auburn.

The penalty used to be loss of timeout, back when color-on-color games were not allowed. When the NCAA changed the rule to allow color-on-color games with both teams agreeing, they increased the penalty for wearing them without an agreement.

That said, UT will be in white jerseys against Oregon in all-yellow on Saturday.

Thanks for the correction.

I think wearing them against UGA would be sweet. I just hope we can start off 1-0 in them.

Oregon is supposedly wearing their new all highlighter yellow, So we could pull of they all grey. That being said I think we will go all white.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't see them doing it this year as they have enough newness to roll out, but I personally think the grey pants with the white jerseys would look pretty hawt as a road uni.

VN Store

Back