William Inge Hired as LB Coach

Apparently Washington fans had a disdain for this guy. Idk if it's warranted or not but hopefully it turns out good.

Apparently Washington fans had a disdain for this guy. Idk if it's warranted or not but hopefully it turns out good.
Inge’s units performed exceptionally well. The UW fans who didn’t like the defense typically complained about the DBs and the calls. Those are both Morrell, not Inge. The thing I’m excited about is Inge is one of the best developers of LB talent in the country, and he’s a great recruiter with kids and parents. We hired two really good coaches.

Inge’s units performed exceptionally well. The UW fans who didn’t like the defense typically complained about the DBs and the calls. Those are both Morrell, not Inge. The thing I’m excited about is Inge is one of the best developers of LB talent in the country, and he’s a great recruiter with kids and parents. We hired two really good coaches.
It's almost like Coach Heupel planned the whole thing.

Blue font.

Read that he was Indiana’s STs coach in the bowl we did the onside kick that started the comeback. I guess let Eck retain that duty.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I have a friend who is a Seahawks fan. He talks to other Seahawks fans who are also Huskies fans and they specifically didn't like Inge. I don't have enough info to know why. I know he'll have way better talent here.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I have a friend who is a Seahawks fan. He talks to other Seahawks fans who are also Huskies fans and they specifically didn't like Inge. I don't have enough info to know why. I know he'll have way better talent here.
First and foremost, it’s nice to have friends. Maybe they don’t like spinach or dairy either. Who knows. Beyond that, it’s going to be hard to find a hole in Inge’s performance at Cincinnati, NFL, Indiana, Fresno St. or U W. His first year as defensive coordinator at Fresno, his defense jumped an average of fifty spots across major categories in FBS. His LBs regularly won All Freshman Big Ten honors at IU. When he coached special teams, every category shot up. De Boer lost him because he didn’t consider him for the DC job due to pressure. We got lucky and snatched him up. I think he’s a key piece to the puzzle given his success in understanding LB pass coverages and reads. If you listen to ex players talk about him, it’s hard to find one who isn’t passionate about him in the way that DL players are about Garner.

The monsoon level continuous precipitation make them a grouchy lot.

First and foremost, it’s nice to have friends. Maybe they don’t like spinach or dairy either. Who knows. Beyond that, it’s going to be hard to find a hole in Inge’s performance at Cincinnati, NFL, Indiana, Fresno St. or U W. His first year as defensive coordinator at Fresno, his defense jumped an average of fifty spots across major categories in FBS. His LBs regularly won All Freshman Big Ten honors at IU. When he coached special teams, every category shot up. De Boer lost him because he didn’t consider him for the DC job due to pressure. We got lucky and snatched him up. I think he’s a key piece to the puzzle given his success in understanding LB pass coverages and reads. If you listen to ex players talk about him, it’s hard to find one who isn’t passionate about him in the way that DL players are about Garner.
Banks is going to eventually land a HC position and Inge would be the obvious replacement when that happens. I think this is a homerun hire for both parties!!!

Of course half the posters on here who know how to coach technique better than the coaches we have will not agree.

Last edited:
Kind of interesting Inge was with Kelly his final two years at Cincinnati before Kelly going to Notre Dame. Banks came in with Butch following Kelly at Cincinnati. You have to think both were somewhat familiar with each other

VN Store

Back