WKU Game - Random Thoughts

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
As I'm wont to do, I scanned an opponent's roster. I like to speculate on how we match up with them. Looking at WKU's roster, I think that:

--Our OL will be able to move them back unless we let their smaller DL stand us up the way Montana did 2yrs ago.

--If our big WRs play is even decent, they should have a noticeable advantage over the WKU's DBs. That's the theory anyway.

--They have lots of OL-men so might weary our defense by constantly sending in fresh units. This could lead to a significant DL performance drop off as the game proceeds into the late 3rd and 4th quarters.

--They have some heavy RBs and a big HB who could batter our suspect DL, especially in the latter quarters if they are leading or close.

By all rights, we should win this game by between 12-20 points but could lose it by 3-10 points.

Here's the roster for you to look over and offer your own opinions: Western Kentucky Hilltoppers 2013 Team Player Roster - College Football - ESPN

Reactions: 1 person
Yup, that was a few random thoughts. Anyway, we win by 17+.

Reactions: 9 people
um...we win by 28...if they are rotating linemen in and out that is rest for us and higher number of sacks. we will pound them.

this O line and the wyoming O line are two very different O lines...and by that I mean our O line that played against Wyoming.

this O line and the wyoming O line are two very different O lines...

I think the personnel is the same though more experienced now and I believe better coached.
So as I said, we push WKU back unless our OL let them stand them up like Montana did.

I think the personnel is the same though more experienced now and I believe better coached.
So as I said, we push WKU back unless our OL let them stand them up like Montana did.

they won't...WKU will be worn out by midway of second quarter...

my point exactly...that would give us time to rest and cause miscommunication galore.

Same thing was said about the uptempo offense in terms of miscommunication. But you are probably right because you're not just dealing with a one person orchestrator (the QB) but a bunch of guys who must operate as a cohesive unit for any play to work. However, some smart coach could if not already has figured out how to get around this natural obstacle.

As I'm wont to do, I scanned an opponent's roster. I like to speculate on how we match up with them. Looking at WKU's roster, I think that:

--Our OL will be able to move them back unless we let their smaller DL stand us up the way Montana did 2yrs ago.

--If our big WRs play is even decent, they should have a noticeable advantage over the WKU's DBs. That's the theory anyway.

--They have lots of OL-men so might weary our defense by constantly sending in fresh units. This could lead to a significant DL performance drop off as the game proceeds into the late 3rd and 4th quarters.

--They have some heavy RBs and a big HB who could batter our suspect DL, especially in the latter quarters if they are leading or close.

By all rights, we should win this game by between 12-20 points but could lose it by 3-10 points.

Here's the roster for you to look over and offer your own opinions: Western Kentucky Hilltoppers 2013 Team Player Roster - College Football - ESPN

Yes teams usually bring in fresh legs on the DL, but so much on the OL.

Like I have mentioned on here before; even the mighty Saban, and the Tide took on the chin his first yr., and so will Petrino.

Same thing was said about the uptempo offense in terms of miscommunication. But you are probably right because you're not just dealing with a one person orchestrator (the QB) but a bunch of guys who must operate as a cohesive unit for any play to work. However, some smart coach could if not already has figured out how to get around this natural obstacle.

add to that neyland noise and a bunch of men wearing neck braces in the crowd...it could get wild.

Like I have mentioned on here before; even the mighty Saban, and the Tide took on the chin his first yr., and so will Petrino.

yet were still able to absolutely drill UT. Not sure UT or WKU can do that to any of the top teams in the conf this year. We will do it to WKU though

The WK game will be much more difficult than most fans are willing to concede. I think it will depend on how we are able to run the football and 3rd down conversions. I haven't seen much production from our OL as far running the football, even though they have good stats for pass protection. The season may indeed depend on the ability of our OL to run block and have short yardage 3rd downs. It won't be long now until our questions are answered.

The WK game will be much more difficult than most fans are willing to concede. I think it will depend on how we are able to run the football and 3rd down conversions. I haven't seen much production from our OL as far running the football, even though they have good stats for pass protection. The season may indeed depend on the ability of our OL to run block and have short yardage 3rd downs. It won't be long now until our questions are answered.

The game will be out of reach by halftime.

VN Store

Back