Woke companies are crazy

wmcovol

My wife works for a global leader in their industry. Wednesday, she received an email encouraging all employees to wear purple in support for LGBTQ+ co workers. Never mind all of the employees work from home and no one sees what they wear. It’s all “about being supportive of each other. “

Then Thursday, she received a email from the same HR dept saying they have 6 weeks to get vaxxed or they will be terminated. This stupid company HQ doesn’t realize they are in an industry right now where “talent is in demand”. This company wrote about it only 11 months ago. Unlike hospitals where graduates of nursing schools occur routinely, this industry must have experienced & talented people. So much for supporting each other.

It is crazy that companies let a guy who has never worked in private sector for last 50+ years, if ever, dictate to them what to do.

My wife works for a global leader in their industry. Wednesday, she received an email encouraging all employees to wear purple in support for LGBTQ+ co workers. Never mind all of the employees work from home and no one sees what they wear. It’s all “about being supportive of each other. “

Then Thursday, she received a email from the same HR dept saying they have 6 weeks to get vaxxed or they will be terminated. This stupid company HQ doesn’t realize they are in an industry right now where “talent is in demand”. This company wrote about it only 11 months ago. Unlike hospitals where graduates of nursing schools occur routinely, this industry must have experienced & talented people. So much for supporting each other.

It is crazy that companies let a guy who has never worked in private sector for last 50+ years, if ever, dictate to them what to do.
Do they have more then 100 employees?

yeah, they may not have a choice - blame Brandon Biden

My university (and most in the state) just sent out the letter today - fully vaxxed by Dec 8 or canned. This is based on the EO for Federal contractors. As soon as the OSHA stuff comes down - it will hit any company with 100 or more employees

My university (and most in the state) just sent out the letter today - fully vaxxed by Dec 8 or canned. This is based on the EO for Federal contractors. As soon as the OSHA stuff comes down - it will hit any company with 100 or more employees

Glad I am in a position to say F’ em. At least until they try and steal my retirement investments. I’ll still say F’ em, just from a more unstable position.

I mean is this even law or challenged in court?

Reactions: tbwhhs
The "if you do business with the Feds" is an Executive Order that is in place. The version for private companies with no business with the Feds is not official yet since OSHA has to issue the rules.

Well when you want to pass a $5T bill on top of $4T normal budgets, you approaching 40% of GDP. That is pure control.
I wonder if the language includes "subcontractors". I bet it does just same as other language.

And like I said just an EO. This has to be challenged.

Well when you want to pass a $5T bill on top of $4T normal budgets, you approaching 40% of GDP. That is pure control.
I wonder if the language includes "subcontractors". I bet it does just same as other language.

And like I said just an EO. This has to be challenged.
None of the current challenges about mandates are passing muster. Most of the legal minds I have read say that it won't get tossed. JMO. I think it is total ********.

Reactions: Orangeburst

Welcome to the party.

1F817E44-7868-498F-AA8B-A8AB24596136.jpeg

My company is treading lightly right now but is offering big prizes for winners of vaxs that are getting submitted. Trying to mandate this for a lot of companies may be a major blow with competition for employment.

My company is treading lightly too. Problem is they have a decent sized office in FL and DeSantis and legislators are going to discuss quickly passing a law that makes companies liable if anything goes wrong.

Reactions: 1vol8 and Boca Vol
We are being told that we can expect OSHA's guidelines in the next couple of weeks. All the legal challenges are failing. I don't think her employer has any choice.

Fortunately she has a pretty strong religious objection. I think companies will approve religious & medical objections and tell the Feds you deal with it

Reactions: volfanhill
Fortunately she has a pretty strong religious objection. I think companies will approve religious & medical objections and tell the Feds you deal with it
I don’t honestly know how they can challenge any religious exemption request.

“I claim an exemption based on religious grounds”

“Oh so your religion is against vaccines? Could you explain that to the company representative Father Fauci?”

“No I can’t but my attorney certainly can”

I don’t honestly know how they can challenge any religious exemption request.

“I claim an exemption based on religious grounds”

“Oh so your religion is against vaccines? Could you explain that to the company representative Father Fauci?”

“No I can’t but my attorney certainly can”

Anyone who’s religious belief is against abortion has a case

You asked, we answered: Do the COVID-19 vaccines contain aborted fetal cells? interesting case as the cells used today are copies from the original fetus cells 50 years ago so none used today are technically from the fetus but descended/copied from the aborted fetal cells. The authoritarian bastards probably won’t let many exemptions stand eventually since historic precedent is not on the side of exemptions.

Even the Vatican has called foul on that one. The cells used are now almost sixty years removed from the original donor tissue. There are so many generations of cells between then and now that it's no longer considered connected.

Even the Vatican has called foul on that one. The cells used are now almost sixty years removed from the original donor tissue. There are so many generations of cells between then and now that it's no longer considered connected.
That just sounds crazy as hell. They are originated from aborted fetal tissue. Period. To somebody hard over on usage of that tissue regardless how many times it’s been harvested like a sour dough loaf it’s still originated from that original tissue. If the Vatican sided with the tissue not being fetal in origin then they sold out.

VN Store

Back