Woke companies are crazy

There is no way the OSHA regs will stand in court.
I have seen a lot of “expert legal opinions” being offered up to prop up this over reach. I don’t see how that 100 employee arbitrary boundary passes muster. OSHA either provides regulation and guidelines for ALL workplace employees or they don’t.

Reactions: hog88
I have seen a lot of “expert legal opinions” being offered up to prop up this over reach. I don’t see how that 100 employee arbitrary boundary passes muster. OSHA either provides regulation and guidelines for ALL workplace employees or they don’t.
That definition springs from their classification of small business as organizations that employ fewer than 100 employees. They are exempting "small businesses" as they define them by using that 100 employee figure. If the OSHA regulations don't pass legal scrutiny, I doubt it will fail on those grounds (but I hope I'm wrong).

That definition springs from their classification of small business as organizations that employ fewer than 100 employees. They are exempting "small businesses" as they define them by using that 100 employee figure. If the OSHA regulations don't pass legal scrutiny, I doubt it will fail on those grounds (but I hope I'm wrong).
OSHA regs for workplace safety aren’t applicable to small businesses as defined in their own terms?

The whole sales job here is workplace safety. That is the only shell game they can muster to pull this over reach fiasco under the purview of the executive branch.

This would be the first OSHA safety reg to be based on employee size. I don’t see how that passes legal muster.

OSHA regs for workplace safety aren’t applicable to small businesses as defined in their own terms?

The whole sales job here is workplace safety. That is the only shell game they can muster to pull this over reach fiasco under the purview of the executive branch.
I know that it makes zero sense, but government actions rarely make any sense. The federal government often carves out small business exemptions for regulations.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
30 common medications that used fetal cell lines during research and development. The list includes acetaminophen, albuterol, aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, Preparation H, Claritin, Prilosec, and Zoloft.

This is some alarming stuff.

Although, aspirin I know was here long before fetal cells were used back in the late 1800s... And looking over that list even more, I would say several of those were originally developed long before fetal cell research really got up and running. Can you say that these drugs may have changed or be redeveloped over the years? Sure you can, but several of those drugs in that list were already here and developed a long time ago.

Its a shame that the covid19 vax cards are so high tech and no one can just print one off the internet and fill it out then scan it and submit it as proof.

This is some alarming stuff.

Although, aspirin I know was here long before fetal cells were used back in the late 1800s... And looking over that list even more, I would say several of those were originally developed long before fetal cell research really got up and running. Can you say that these drugs may have changed or be redeveloped over the years? Sure you can, but several of those drugs in that list were already here and developed a long time ago.

Biotech's Fear Factor

HEK 293 cells - Wikipedia

My wife works for a global leader in their industry. Wednesday, she received an email encouraging all employees to wear purple in support for LGBTQ+ co workers. Never mind all of the employees work from home and no one sees what they wear. It’s all “about being supportive of each other. “

Then Thursday, she received a email from the same HR dept saying they have 6 weeks to get vaxxed or they will be terminated. This stupid company HQ doesn’t realize they are in an industry right now where “talent is in demand”. This company wrote about it only 11 months ago. Unlike hospitals where graduates of nursing schools occur routinely, this industry must have experienced & talented people. So much for supporting each other.

It is crazy that companies let a guy who has never worked in private sector for last 50+ years, if ever, dictate to them what to do.

The horror.

Oh and they probably want to keep their talent, you know, alive and such.

My company is treading lightly too. Problem is they have a decent sized office in FL and DeSantis and legislators are going to discuss quickly passing a law that makes companies liable if anything goes wrong.

Campaign ploy by DeSantis. In a state where covid was a huge threat due to the aged population here. Idiot. At this rate he won't even win his home state.

Did you miss the part where employees are still out and about when not at work?
So these peoples have to buy groceries and stuff? Have you been to a football game this year? If you did, were you wearing a mask?

The horror.

Oh and they probably want to keep their talent, you know, alive and such.

Yeah but their release didn’t say anything about health of their employees. It said they forced to this because they “were a contractor for federal govt and contractor for other fed govt contractors”. Mark another victory up to Big Govt.

This is the average HR person these days- fresh out of their waitressing job and ready to make their mark!

IMG_20211024_191618_765.jpg

Even the Vatican has called foul on that one. The cells used are now almost sixty years removed from the original donor tissue. There are so many generations of cells between then and now that it's no longer considered connected.
You know who the current Pope is, right?

Upon what grounds can any damn company quiz any individual, employee or not, on their religious beliefs? It screams First Amendment violation.

edit: as well as the Civil Rights Act

If you make a request for a religious accomodation (i.e. exemption), the Company has the right to do their research under the premise of attempting to reviewing the accomodation request.

Some companies are approving these accomodation requests with a rubber stamp while others are looking for any reason to deny it.

VN Store

Back