Worley Haters and Hood Ahead of Mo Couch Complainers

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
CBJ on Worley's assumed passing miscues:

"It was a combination of both. When there is an incomplete pass, a lot of times everyone wants to point towards the quarterback. Obviously, Justin would have like to have those back, they were thrown behind the receiver. Everything is about rhythm, timing and spacing. It was actually a young receiver not running the correct route. That is what threw the timing and rhythm off. We talk so much about being consistent in the throw game and in everything that you do with the precision. Everything is timing and rhythm and spacing, the appropriate landmarks, reception areas, and depths of the routes. On a couple of those the receivers ran the wrong depths."

Hood Playing Ahead of Couch

(On Mo Couch, Dan Hood, and Dan McCullers)
"It is critical. We will go as well as they go. They were disruptive in the middle. They made some good plays. I think Mo Couch has to continue to progress with his conditioning levels and be able to give us valuable reps.

Source: Vols reflect on Austin Peay, prepare for WKU

Reactions: 14 people
I'm not worried about Worley's passing. I'm worried how he is gonna run against the big boys because he is not a good runner, and Butch obviously wants his qb running.

Reactions: 5 people
I can dig it. Young receivers learning on the fly, and mo not giving enough effort. Hope this motivates them all.

Reactions: 3 people
I doubt anyone on here hates Worley.

Still, if a ball is not in the right place, regardless of whose fault it is, it's a bad thing, right?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not worried about Worley's passing. I'm worried how he is gonna run against the big boys because he is not a good runner, and Butch obviously wants his qb running.

I'm afraid you're right about Worley's running. He's slow and runs like a stork or flamingo. But on the other hand, he has guts which was shown in his willingness to block for the RBs. That scares me, I think it sets him up to be plastered , but the man has guts you got to admit.

oregonvol, I used hate because a lot of disrespect and doubt has been spewed at Worley on this board. A lot. Unfairly if you ask me.

Last edited:

You are right...I just don't think he has to run a lot. just some. Opponents just have to worry a little bit about it on a third and short or a forth and short. Just enough to maybe make it a little easier on the offense to make the conversion.

I doubt anyone on here hates Worley.

Still, if a ball is not in the right place, regardless of whose fault it is, it's a bad thing, right?

11 of 13 passes completed ...one miss was on North, another Worley ...others were good enough to catch ..whats the fuss about ...

I love Butch and love my VOLS...but I'm really worried about our offense in general. I mean I was honestly bored mid-way through the 2nd qtr, needless to say the second half was even worse. I really hope that there's a lot more electricity than what was shown Saturday. If not, we'll be lucky to win 6 games...seriously. This may be where we are right now simply based on talent.

i love butch and love my vols...but i'm really worried about our offense in general. I mean i was honestly bored mid-way through the 2nd qtr, needless to say the second half was even worse. I really hope that there's a lot more electricity than what was shown saturday. If not, we'll be lucky to win 6 games...seriously. This may be where we are right now simply based on talent.

forget electricity we need pure horse

Reactions: 2 people
I'm guessing Butch called the dogs off in the middle of the second quarter and started trying different things in live action with different players. I am a little worried about the late throws. An SEC defender will be right there with the receiver and will either knock those balls down or pick them off. If we continue to run the ball like we did then it won't matter.

Reactions: 2 people
A lot of peoole including me wanted Crompton benched during the UCLA game but he wasn't and look at how well he finished.

I love Butch and love my VOLS...but I'm really worried about our offense in general. I mean I was honestly bored mid-way through the 2nd qtr, needless to say the second half was even worse. I really hope that there's a lot more electricity than what was shown Saturday. If not, we'll be lucky to win 6 games...seriously. This may be where we are right now simply based on talent.
What.....??

1 miss was on North but at least 2 completions were to his credit for amazing adjustments to bad throws

Yes and no. Fans, like me, thought Worleys accuracy was poor on those throws. Butch says those incompletions were the young receivers fault. They can only get better with more game reps, timing, rhythm. I'm excited to watch.

I don't even...

Just rewatched the game. Worley is solid and you naysayers suck. Bunch of negavol. Buttsniffers. If you're going to be so critical of "your team" how about picking a different one to follow. Vandy could probably use you. Make me sick.

Reactions: 4 people

No doubt. After 3 out of the first 3 drives ended in TDs, the next 3 drives ending in TDs was just a bit boring if you ask me too. If we don't do better than that I'm seeing 3-9 or maybe 2-10.

Reactions: 11 people
1 miss was on North but at least 2 completions were to his credit for amazing adjustments to bad throws

Every pass won't be perfect no matter who the hell the qb is. He was 11-13. One was on north. One was his fault. Then Two with good adjustments by receivers. That's football man. That's why you want talent at WR. That's just football

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

Butch runs a ball control offense , predicated on running and short to intermediate passing. Most of his passing attack is high percentage and quick release ...at a very fast pace, If we can execute it against the SEC ..it gives us the best chance to win .

Electricity..like go pattern after go pattern that fails against press coverage and cover 2 ?

We will win 6 games without too much luck . Luck will be needed for wins 7 and 8 and beyond.

Everybody STFU! God D there are so many analyst and armchair coaches on here. It's stupid. Every time I check into VN, there is another moronic thread of if's, but's, or's , and concern's that it is just plain ridiculous. Most of the posters on here must have an IQ of 10 or below. DAAAMMNNNNN!

VN Store

Back