Worst game atmoshpere

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
What is the worst game atmoshpere wise you have ever been to? I've onlt been outside of Neyland stadium a couple of times. And those were only to vandy and the peach bowl so i can't really say. Just wanted to know what you guys opinion was.

Six years ago, saw Oregon State vs. Oregon at the 100th Civil War game. The Beavers weren't doing too well that year at all, like a three win season I think, over Arizona, Wazzu and one of the openers. Anyways, Ducks fans pretty much outnumbered Beaver fans at their own stadium, and were acting real loud and obnoxious. But that was six years ago. I was just 10, don't remember a whole bunch.

GT @ FSU '01... while we were up the road, thrashing UF and heading to the SECCG... FSU was just going through the motions against an overmatched GT team... pretty boring game. I was disappointed by the crowd.

Worst as in bad time or just awful because it was so pathetic?

Worst time because it was sad - Washing/Washington St in '98....ugh...boring tailgate

Worst time because I got assualted - LSWho in 2001

A friend of mine went to Gainesville back in 95 or 97. The Gators were urinating in to their cups of beer then throwing it at anyone wearing Orange.

I was at a Va Tech vs. UVA game a while back and it was rough. The UVA fans were throwing bottles at the Tech fans. And they were the visiting team. A huge fight broke out in the stands and lasted for about a quarter. It sure was fun though.

Originally posted by BWeller18@Dec 8, 2004 11:21 PM
LSU 2001, practically had to run from the stadium to avoid confrontation.

I was probably running next to you

Originally posted by U-T@Dec 8, 2004 7:53 PM
Worst as in bad time or just awful because it was so pathetic?

Worst time because it was sad - Washing/Washington St in '98....ugh...boring tailgate

U-Dub and Wazzu fans suck. U-Dub people are from Seattle, and don't really care a whole lot about Huskie football, and Wazzu is usually pretty terrible. I don't doubt that their tailgates suck.

Originally posted by U&#045;T+Dec 8, 2004 11:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (U-T @ Dec 8, 2004 11:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BWeller18@Dec 8, 2004 11:21 PM
LSU 2001, practically had to run from the stadium to avoid confrontation.

I was probably running next to you [/quote]
LOL&#33;

id say LSU...Florida fans a weak as hell. They talked all this **** when we went down there, we stood up and they backed off...Florida sucks&#33;&#33; LSU is about as intense as Neyland..and i love it

THE CARRIER DOME IN SYRACUSE, NEW YORK.... Especially when SU is awful, and the fans don&#39;t care... dome football is only good if the fans bring some juice... its awful there right now... I sure wish I was going to UT football games 7x a year versus SU games... but I&#39;ll take the basketball :D

I don&#39;t know what it is about Athens, GA after a night game. It&#39;s a great atmosphere, but it goes downhill fast after a GA loss. Worst incident I&#39;ve ever seen was in Athens for a GA/LSU game probably 15 years ago. After the game a GA fan cracked an LSU fan&#39;s skull from behind with a JD bottle.

You Vols don&#39;t know what you&#39;re missing by not having Texas Tech in your conference. And you&#39;re better off for that, believe me. Nothing worse than drunken fans at an academically inferior school who have never won a thing and therefore carry a permanent inferiority complex.

Imagine Starkville, but with less glamour and class. That&#39;s Texas Tech.

I&#39;ve been to a game at Tech, and heard stories from my dad about LSU. Seems like LSU still is tops amoung obnoxious fans. On a per capita basis though, Tech might just be the most annoying.

I plain forgot about Starkville. Without a doubt the most desolate outpost in the SEC. 2 words come to mind . . . . rinky dink. A 40,000 seat stadium that is two sided and nothing to look forward to after the game except maybe a trip to Hardee&#39;s.

Hardee_s_Thickburger_photo.jpg

Commonwealth staduim at Lexington is not a ruff crowd but it is one of the worst places to go watch a college game....its about as interesting as watching paint dry.....

Imagine Starkville, but with less glamour and class. That&#39;s Texas Tech.

Is that possible?

VN Store

Back