Worst game atmoshpere

University of Memphis games are a good opportunity to take a nap... Unless the VOLS are in town.

LSU is pretty intense. I was at the '00 ('01 was at Neyland) in Baton Rouge - all I can say is losing there is horrible.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Dec 9, 2004 8:54 PM
Imagine Starkville, but with less glamour and class. That's Texas Tech.

Is that possible?

No.

Originally posted by Vol 4 Life@Dec 9, 2004 9:28 PM
University of Memphis games are a good opportunity to take a nap... Unless the VOLS are in town.

LSU is pretty intense. I was at the '00 ('01 was at Neyland) in Baton Rouge - all I can say is losing there is horrible.

Can't refute that. We're a bunch of lunatics.

I admittedly have not been to starksville so I cannot relate, but I can testify to Tech being the worst in the world ("classless clowns"). In case you missed the news a couple of years back, imagine having the goal posts torn down and carried over and thrown in your section. Once again, they are called "classless clowns" for a reason.

Originally posted by GAVol@Dec 9, 2004 5:11 PM
I plain forgot about Starkville. Without a doubt the most desolate outpost in the SEC. 2 words come to mind . . . . rinky dink. A 40,000 seat stadium that is two sided and nothing to look forward to after the game except maybe a trip to Hardee's.

The Hardee's in Starkville is pretty good. That's how I found out about the big breakfast for $2.99. LOL

The only thing they have are their cowbells, and those darn things are wqay over priced. LOL

Tech fans are the scum of the earth. Worst fans in America...Whatever you do never go to Lubbock wearing an opposing teams jersey or this will happen :machinegun:

I thought this picture was interesting for a number of reasons:

Fbcrowd2.jpg

gotta go with the texas tech red raiders. they throw tortillas on the field and also took thier own goal post into the crowd and forced them up into the A&M section a couple of years ago. started a huge fight in the stands leaving a bunch of people seriously injured.

here in texas they are called sand aggies. <_<

let us not forget their reputable basketball team either:

bknight.jpg

Originally posted by milohimself@Dec 9, 2004 5:50 PM
It&#39;s the same out here, except called Carl&#39;s Jr.... Those burgers are HUUUUGE.

best commecial ever&#33;

check right side of page for ON THE TV: BULL SLOW RIDE

me soo hungry.

Originally posted by allvolinky@Dec 9, 2004 7:11 PM
Commonwealth staduim at Lexington is not a ruff crowd but it is one of the worst places to go watch a college game....its about as interesting as watching paint dry.....

Go in October, during the day you can go to Keeneland - one of the most beautiful places to spend a day betting on the pony&#39;s, drinking Maker&#39;s Mark and taking money from UK fans (if you&#39;re lucky). That night, go to Commonwealth and watch your team beat UK and then hit the bars to pick up UK women :p All around - a great day :lol:

Our problem is we play them in Nov. instead of Oct. UGA gets all the fun.

Originally posted by VOL_AHOLIC+Dec 13, 2004 7:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VOL_AHOLIC @ Dec 13, 2004 7:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@Dec 9, 2004 5:50 PM
It&#39;s the same out here, except called Carl&#39;s Jr.... Those burgers are HUUUUGE.

best commecial ever&#33;

check right side of page for ON THE TV: BULL SLOW RIDE

me soo hungry. [/quote]
That commercial is amazing.

Years ago I made a trip out to Colorado, got to see a Colorado vs. Kansas State game at Folsom field, and was dissapointed.

The Buff fans pretty much sat on their hands the whole game talking amongst each other like the game wasn&#39;t even going on, true that KSU was beating thembut their was no crowd enthusiam.

The person I went with was a CU alum and he was swearing to me that it&#39;s not like that every game and fans are usually into it, but for that game it was horrid just watching the crowd.

Maybe attending games at places like Neyland, the horseshoe in Columbus and Beaver Stadium has ruined it for me since all were great experiences, but Colorado was dissapointing.

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg@Dec 14, 2004 12:13 PM
Years ago I made a trip out to Colorado, got to see a Colorado vs. Kansas State game at Folsom field, and was dissapointed.

The Buff fans pretty much sat on their hands the whole game talking amongst each other like the game wasn&#39;t even going on, true that KSU was beating thembut their was no crowd enthusiam.

The person I went with was a CU alum and he was swearing to me that it&#39;s not like that every game and fans are usually into it, but for that game it was horrid just watching the crowd.

Maybe attending games at places like Neyland, the horseshoe in Columbus and Beaver Stadium has ruined it for me since all were great experiences, but Colorado was dissapointing.

When I was doing grad work at Colorado, I couldn&#39;t stand going to the games. The stadium seemed so tiny to me after having gone to Neyland all of my life. I lived very close to the stadium and lets just say that the times I didn&#39;t go the game, it was very quiet around my apt.

Originally posted by milohimself@Dec 14, 2004 11:56 PM
I wanna see a game at the Horseshoe. Doesn&#39;t Michigan visit there next year?

The game was in Columbus this year, so next year it&#39;ll be at the Big House then back to the &#39;shoe.

Never caught an OSU vs. Michigan game down there, seen Wisconsin, Purdue and Indiana play against the Bucks.

My 1 trip to Neyland was against Boston College, and the trip to Happy Valley was OSU vs. Penn State.

I&#39;m trying to talk my mom into taking a trip back there in September to watch the Longhorns play there in week 2. My grandparents live outside of Dayton, so it should be feasible. If the Buckeyes live up to their expectations next year, it should be an amazing game.

that should be a a great game, OSU will be back to a top 10 team this year and the Horns are always equipped to win every game except against Oklahoma so it should be an awesome game.

I loved the atmosphere at Penn State, good fans there that treated the rivals with respect. My dad is a Bucks fan so I like going to games with him and root for the Bucks if they&#39;re not playing Tennessee.

week 2 at Texas sounds like a possible game to catch, tickets are getting up to 70 dollars and such but I&#39;m gonna try to grab at least 2 up for Texas or some other big game like Iowa or Purdue.

GoVolsDogg - love the Al Wilson clip "signature". I saw it during the Monday Night Game - Damn I miss that guy

Originally posted by volinbham@Dec 15, 2004 9:57 PM
GoVolsDogg - love the Al Wilson clip "signature". I saw it during the Monday Night Game - Damn I miss that guy

That was a hell of a hit, and on a 240 pound Tyrone Wheatley also, wasn&#39;t like he was knocking down some 5"9 180 pound back.

Luckily for me, the Denver Broncos are my favorite football team so seeing him drafted 32nd overall to us was just unreal for me. I knew the player we were getting in him and knew that he should&#39;ve ben drafted much higher than 32nd, and now he&#39;s become a top 5 MLB in the entire NFL.

2 years ago, he put the most menacing hit on Ricky Williams that Ive seen, Ricky took a offtackle handoff and just as he tried turning the corner Al jsut smacked him right flat on his back.

It was a pleasure watching Al at UT and it&#39;s a pleasure watching him in Denver now.

Florida
Georgia
Auburn

Florida. I must say though I&#39;m basing this on my &#39;85 trip to Floriday when full cups of drinks where thrown on us at the end of the game. I went back in &#39;95 and it wasn&#39;t that bad.
Georgia. Only when they win (&#39;88). Only time I&#39;ve been when we lost.
Auburn. In the &#39;80&#39;s it was kinda bad but no problems in &#39;98. Haven&#39;t been back since.
Never had a problem at LSU, Bama, Ole Miss, Miss.St., Vandy, USC or KY.
Never been to Arkansas.

rwk...not much had changed in Gainesville when I went in &#39;97 and &#39;99.

I&#39;ve only been to Auburn once, and that was last year. They were alright, except for this one lady behind who cursed everything that had to do with Tennessee, even our band. And everytime Caddy got the ball, all I heard was "RUN, CADILLAC, RUN&#33;" in the biggest redneck voice I have ever heard in my life.

Is there anything worse than sitting next to an obviously uninformed, middle aged woman who is cheering for the other team and making idiotic comments? I seem to attract them when I go to away games.

VN Store

Back