Would Bama/Auburn in the East Save Rivalries?

That wouldn't get us much further, because then the Iron Bowl would require a permanent cross-divisional game.

I'm willing to concede the war eagles to an occasional game in the CCG. If the barn stays on current pace that should be about once every 20 years or so. That's logistics I can live with.

Who cares, as long as 13/14 coaches vote no , it's not goin happen.

The coaches' votes are for informational purposes only. The presidents make the call.

The coaches voted unanimously against the SEC Championship Game in '91. Thanks to the irrelevancy of their opinions, we now enjoy one of the greatest events of the sports year every December.

the great lie is that the east was better in the 90's.

no, the east wasn't better. florida and tennessee were the best two teams in the league. but measuring one division against the other, the west was and always has been better.

but,but,but if the west was better,how were the 2 best teams in the east ?

i say move bama,auburn and lsu to the east,we send Tn, Missouri and Kentucky in exchange :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
We don't need Bama and Burn in the East. We just need a 9 game schedule. We could play our 6 division. foes and 3 Western opponents. I believe they should schedule like the NFL. If they did,the top teams in the division would play each other. One vs one. Two vs two. And so on. That would eliminate whining and we could still keep a permanent. cross-division rival. I like being the only team to place Bama. They won't always be good . GO VOLS!

all time winning percentage ranks....

west
#6 alabama
#12 lsu
#16 auburn
#23 texas a&m
#27 arkansas
#50 mississippi
#89 mississippi state

east
#9 tennessee
#13 georgia
#14 florida
#55 missouri
#69 south carolina
#77 kentucky
#78 vanderbilt

if you are in the what have you done for me lately crowd...since 1992

west
#16 lsu
#18 auburn
#23 alabama
#25 texas a&m
#37 arkansas
#58 mississippi
#73 mississippi state

east
#3 florida
#9 georgia
#14 tennessee
#50 south carolina
#60 missouri
#92 kentucky
#111 vanderbilt

if you are in the what have you done for me lately crowd...since 1992

west
#16 lsu
#18 auburn
#23 alabama
#25 texas a&m
#37 arkansas
#58 mississippi
#73 mississippi state

east
#3 florida
#9 georgia
#14 tennessee
#50 south carolina
#60 missouri
#92 kentucky
#111 vanderbilt

Toss out the bottom 3 in each division.

this wouldnt solve anything because teams have more than 1 rival. that would be like saying move us to the west. then we wouldnt play florida, vandy(i know not a big rival but its in state), uk, or even uga

If u move bama and auburn then neither would play lsu which is a rivalry for them

and if u move them to east, who is going to go west?

Would love to see us expand to the west and make this happen. OU and Texas would be the dream scenario, but that's not going to happen. I do have to wonder if OK State has learned anything from the Texas a&m move and how much it has helped them to get out from under "big brothers" shadow. Bring them and Kansas, we have enough good football teams, we could use another top notch b-ball team. I realize this will never happen, because neither bring on great TV markets, but I would love to get back to playing Auburn every year.

The coaches' votes are for informational purposes only. The presidents make the call.

The coaches voted unanimously against the SEC Championship Game in '91. Thanks to the irrelevancy of their opinions, we now enjoy one of the greatest events of the sports year every December.

The SEC Championship is one of the greatest events of the sports (year)???

Wow.........just wow

Last edited:

VN Store

Back