Would Bama/Auburn in the East Save Rivalries?

The SEC Championship is one of the greatest events of the sports (year)???

Wow.........just wow

It's a better event and environment than the national title game and I've been to a few of both.

Some of the Alabama-Florida games in Atlanta were truly big time.

Tv ratings to match too

Would love to see us expand to the west and make this happen. OU and Texas would be the dream scenario, but that's not going to happen. I do have to wonder if OK State has learned anything from the Texas a&m move and how much it has helped them to get out from under "big brothers" shadow. Bring them and Kansas, we have enough good football teams, we could use another top notch b-ball team. I realize this will never happen, because neither bring on great TV markets, but I would love to get back to playing Auburn every year.

Adding Ok state and Kansas would be a terrible idea

It's a better event and environment than the national title game and I've been to a few of both.

Some of the Alabama-Florida games in Atlanta were truly big time.

Tv ratings to match too

Out side of SEC fans....no one gives a s$@t.

They care about as much about the SEC game as you do About their school or conference. 0%

And the SEC championship games TV ratings doesn't match NC ratings. Idk where you get those numbers.

Last edited:
As long as we beat the hell out of em, I don't care which division our opponents are in. Just hang 40 burgers on them, and all will be solved.

Out side of SEC fans....no one gives a s$@t.

They care about as much about the SEC game as you do About their school or conference. 0%

And the SEC championship games TV ratings doesn't match NC ratings. Idk where you get those numbers.

The SECCG game was the most watched regular season game last year, by a large margin. It was also the most watched in '08 and '09. The idea that only SEC fans care is demonstrably false. But then, a great number of your statements are easily disproven by a thirty second google search.

All of this talk is based on you changing the subject after making the absurd claim that the coaches' opposition to the nine game schedule guarantees that it won't come to pass.

The SECCG game was the most watched regular season game last year, by a large margin. It was also the most watched in '08 and '09. The idea that only SEC fans care is demonstrably false. But then, a great number of your statements are easily disproven by a thirty second google search.

All of this talk is based on you changing the subject after making the absurd claim that the coaches' opposition to the nine game schedule guarantees that it won't come to pass.

Yeah, regular season game, you said it was just as highly watched as the NC game.

And the coaches do have a input. You used the SEC champ game as a reason why they don't. When you can't compare the SEC champ game to a 9 SEC Schedule, because one is a extra game to bring in tons of money and the other is just replacing a out of conference game with an SEC game.

And maybe I was being over dramatic when I said, it guaranteed a none 9 game schedule, but it has a bigger input then what some of you think.

Last edited:
Yeah, regular season game, you said it was just as highly watched as the NC game.

Actually that was 99gator.

And the coaches do have a input. You used the SEC champ game as a reason why they don't. When you can't compare the SEC champ game to a 9 SEC Schedule, because one is a extra game to bring in tons of money and the other is just replacing a out of conference game with an SEC game.

And maybe I was being over dramatic when I said, it guaranteed a none 9 game schedule, but it has a bigger input then what some of you think.

A ninth SEC game will bring in more money through the tv contract, so you still don't have a point.

Again, the coaches have opinions, they do not have any say in what ultimately happens.

Actually that was 99gator.

A ninth SEC game will bring in more money through the tv contract, so you still don't have a point.

Again, the coaches have opinions, they do not have any say in what ultimately happens.

Disagree, us playing Oregon, USC and Oklahoma will bring in more money then playing Mississippi St.

Last edited:
Disagree, us playing Oregon, USC and Oklahoma will bring in more money then playing Mississippi S.

Those games won't be on the SEC Network, so they are irrelevant. The OOC games the SEC Network would be trading for a ninth conference game would be against the Montanas and Georgia States of the world.

what i said was that it was as big as any event i have been to and that it had the tv ratings to match.

the tv ratings are consistently high.

of course, it falls short of the national title game.

the duke-north carolina basketball game is a big time event with big time atmosphere. it doesn't have the ratings of the national title game, but it's a big deal nationally. unless you think only people on tobacco road care.

personally, since i was there, there was no comparison between the alabama-florida sec title games of 2008 and 2009 and the national title game between florida and oklahoma

For me and my family,the UT-Bama game is the #1 game of the year. The SECCG is considered to be the National Chambionship. Name a Yankee or Western team YOU'D rather watch play over our beloved SEC brethren. I love watching the Old South play football. There is nothing like UT,Bama,UGA,Fla,LSU,SoCar,Ark,Miss,and now A&M playing one another. If only our North Carolina and Virginia brothers were represented! Can you say Tarheels and Hokies? We would revive Dixie! I'm a little bit wacky,but I bet a LOT of yall completely agree. GO VOLS

VN Store

Back