www.rehireroddelmonico.com

Does the site highlight his disgraceful graduation rate, slightly above .500 SEC record, and the fact that most of his last 4 recruiting classes consisted of drunks, druggies, and thieves?

Does the site highlight his disgraceful graduation rate, slightly above .500 SEC record, and the fact that most of his last 4 recruiting classes consisted of drunks, druggies, and thieves?

Don't we have those in every sport? ex. Football & Basketball

Vol baseball isn't any better nor worse today. Delmonico is a good "steak" but not a baseball coach. He recruited good players then wasted them with stupid strategy. He managed to hang onto his job at UT by making it to the tournament every so often. No progress, just underachievement. Now we've got to get yet another coach, because Todd Raleigh can't get it done, either.

This.

Raleigh may not be right, but Rod is sure as hell not the answer.

agreed I guess Rod wants to come back to knoxville. do not rehire this idiot.

Why do some people think the only options for a coach are the current one and the previous one?

Hey, I found this website devoted to rehiring Coach D. The statistics are pretty compelling.:salute::salute:

A lot of people are into web comedy. About as much chance of this as a snowball in Hades. Sort of like rehiring the former fb coach who now cannot get a job.

You say what you will. Let's keep in mind that in 1990 when Coach Delmonico became head coach, UT was coming off of it worst season record in the history of the program. That's right, the worst record in the history of the program. We had no stadium. The team played at "Lower Hudson Field" and we started the season during the first of February. He successfully recruited some of the best players in the nation and in his 3rd season he had a winning record. In his 4th season he won the conference and in his 5th season we went to Omaha.

Baseball America writers wrote an article in 2007 ranking the nations baseball programs for the period of 1996 to 2007 using a very diverse criteria. During that period, Tennessee ranked 26th in the nation.

Also, keep in mind the following: Rod Delmonico -

Is Tennessee’s all-time winningest baseball coach
Ranks 4th on the all-time Southeastern Conference
coaching wins list
Led UT to three College World Series and
eight NCAA Regional Appearances
Won four SEC Eastern Division titles, including
two overall conference crowns
Captured three straight SEC Eastern Division Tournament
titles from 1993-95
Posted nine 40 win seasons and two 50 wins seasons
Averaged 39.7 wins over the era

Coached 34 All-America and 44 All-SEC selections
Coached 66 Academic All-SEC selections and
four Academic All-America honorees
22 players were named first-team All-SEC
Coached 95 players who were drafted or signed
professional baseball contracts
Has produced 10 first round draft picks
Coached 13 Freshman All-America honorees
Coached three SEC Players of the Year
Coached 2005 National Pitcher of the Year
Coached 1994 National Freshman of the Year
Coached 1995 National Player of the Year
Coached Olympians
Dont ever discount any of those accomplishments. I doubt Tennessee will ever have another coach that will meet or surpass those accomplishments.:salute:

Last edited:
Oh, by the way, Tennessee is now below .500 and is 0-5 in the SEC. Are you enjoying the great success since Coach D left? This team and this coaching staff will not make it to the SEC tournament and you can forget ever hosting another NCAA Regional. And lastly, your back to 1953. You wont see this program back in Omaha for probably another 42 years. Nice work Hamilton.

:salute:

Has to be...or some relative or best friend.

If you haven't been paying attetion DVD, almost everyone agrees Raliegh was and still is a horrible hire. But that doesn't change the fact it was time for Delmonico to go.

You say what you will. Let's keep in mind that in 1990 when Coach Delmonico became head coach, UT was coming off of it worst season record in the history of the program. That's right, the worst record in the history of the program. We had no stadium. The team played at "Lower Hudson Field" and we started the season during the first of February. He successfully recruited some of the best players in the nation and in his 3rd season he had a winning record. In his 4th season he won the conference and in his 5th season we went to Omaha.

Baseball America writers wrote an article in 2007 ranking the nations baseball programs for the period of 1996 to 2007 using a very diverse criteria. During that period, Tennessee ranked 26th in the nation.

Also, keep in mind the following: Rod Delmonico -

Is TennesseeÂ’s all-time winningest baseball coach
Ranks 4th on the all-time Southeastern Conference
coaching wins list
Led UT to three College World Series and
eight NCAA Regional Appearances
Won four SEC Eastern Division titles, including
two overall conference crowns
Captured three straight SEC Eastern Division Tournament
titles from 1993-95
Posted nine 40 win seasons and two 50 wins seasons
Averaged 39.7 wins over the era
Coached 34 All-America and 44 All-SEC selections
Coached 66 Academic All-SEC selections and
four Academic All-America honorees
22 players were named first-team All-SEC
Coached 95 players who were drafted or signed
professional baseball contracts
Has produced 10 first round draft picks
Coached 13 Freshman All-America honorees
Coached three SEC Players of the Year
Coached 2005 National Pitcher of the Year
Coached 1994 National Freshman of the Year
Coached 1995 National Player of the Year
Coached Olympians
Dont ever discount any of those accomplishments. I doubt Tennessee will ever have another coach that will meet or surpass those accomplishments.:salute:
Where is the mention of an APR so pathetic it cost UT scholarships, a standing team Blood Alcohol Content of .15, the weekly failed drug tests and dorm thefts? Might want to add those if you are trying to paint an accurate picture.

No, I'm not Rod nor any family member. I have been a UT baseball fan well before he got here in 1990. My father played at Central High School and I played at Powell. He and I watched UT baseball as I was growing up. It was worse then.

I disagree with the assertion that it was time for Rod to go. As evidenced by his work in the World Baseball Classic, he was able to use his coaching talent and take a group of players (only 2 with Major League Experience) and beat the heavily favored Dominicans in 2 straight games. Did I mention that the Dominicans were full of Major League players? He can still coach. And when he does get another chance, whether it is at Tennessee or another school, I will bet you that he will get to a Regional before Tennessee does. You can bank on that. :salute:

That is not an accurate picture of his program. I will tell you about a player named Norrid. Do you remember him. Rod was developing him into one of the best 3rd basemen in the nation. Then he found out he was smoking pot. He counseled him, he brought his parents in and tried to straighten the kid out. But couldnt. So he kicked him off of the team. He treated his players with respect, unlike our current coach, who abuses the players. By the way, I traveled with the team during Coach D's years. When you travel with the baseball team, you are invited to stay at the same hotel and eat with the team. You have close contact. Your description is not accurate. I have been in hotels where the players were out in the hallway throwing a Medicine Ball or were out running. My only gripe is that they always wanted Pizza rather than eat the right food. In any event, your description is completely wrong. Oh, by the way, the APR issue was a scapegoat last year. Also, Raliegh's comment that there were over-scholarshiped players on the field was false and absurd. Mike Hamilton publicly defended Rod on the APR before an academics committee in 2006. A lot of schools did not implement the APR correctly and were hit with APR issues before it was tweaked by the NCAA. Raliegh got hit with APR penalties because he dismissed players and due to transfers. It is a red herring for an awful coach, who cant recruit and cant develop players. By the way, the only real production by players during Raliegh's era and players that Rod recruited and/or signed.

Last edited:
Delmonico had great talent but his ego is bigger than UT. The deal of the century would be to buy him for what he's worth then sell him for what he thinks he's worth!

No, I'm not Rod nor any family member. I have been a UT baseball fan well before he got here in 1990. My father played at Central High School and I played at Powell. He and I watched UT baseball as I was growing up. It was worse then.

I disagree with the assertion that it was time for Rod to go. As evidenced by his work in the World Baseball Classic, he was able to use his coaching talent and take a group of players (only 2 with Major League Experience) and beat the heavily favored Dominicans in 2 straight games. Did I mention that the Dominicans were full of Major League players? He can still coach. And when he does get another chance, whether it is at Tennessee or another school, I will bet you that he will get to a Regional before Tennessee does. You can bank on that. :salute:

:lolabove:

This is just plain b.s. like the other op posts.

Where is Delmonico coaching now?

He is teaching baseball at the Major League Baseball institutes in China and Europe. When his contract was terminated he actually helped MLB open the institute in China

It is not b.s. It is FACT. Go to Home and go to the page titled Dutch National Team and read the article that was published in the Washinton Post if you want to read an assessment by an objective journalist. If you dont believe that was published then Google it. Then review his accomplishments and ask yourself if anyone else is going to come here an achieve that success and performance.

It is not b.s. It is FACT. Go to Home and go to the page titled Dutch National Team and read the article that was published in the Washinton Post if you want to read an assessment by an objective journalist. If you dont believe that was published then Google it. Then review his accomplishments and ask yourself if anyone else is going to come here an achieve that success and performance.

His "accomplishments," actually lack of, is what got him fired. His conference record over the last 10 or so years was barely above .500, if I am not mistaken. And why is no other college team after him? I believe he did interview with Miami or FSU or some other school once while at U.T., if memory serves me correctly. But no takers for Delmonico in the college ranks.

Actually, sjrobert he was offered the job at Texas and was contacted to interview at South Carolina. Out of loyalty to the program that he built and Coach Dickey, he stayed. Again, your lack of facts or memory or both are phenomenal. You seem to only quote the conference record over the last 10 years of his tenure. Have you analyzed the growth in the SEC over that period and how dominate the conference became.

Coach D would not have been swept in Columbia or at Home. He could take the same talent and win. This is a complete shame what has been allowed to happen to the Baseball program. The winningest coach in the history of the program should still be there. He should be there for the improvement of the facilities that would have allowed him to attract the best players in the nation. Now, we have a joke of a coach who promised to sign the "local" talent. How much is actually on the field? Where is it? This is a joke. We had a coach that was went head-to-head against LSU, Miami, Florida St. and others and won in the recruiting wars. Coach D signed the catcher that broke ARod's high school homerun record in Miami, became a Freshman All America candidate and drafted in the 1st round. How many Freshman All America candidates has Raliegh signed, developed or played? Huh? I cant hear you. NONE!! You do not realize how fortunate UT was to have Coach D.:salute:

VN Store

Back