www.rehireroddelmonico.com

These are the perfect circumstances to bring Coach D back. In 1990 he came into a program that was coming off of its worst record in the history of the program. By year 3 he won the division, then the conference then Omaha in year 5. He can do it again. You know he can. :salute:

1) Way to keep ignoring Deer's replies to your crap

2) Start holding your breath now that Delmonico is coming back.

1) Way to keep ignoring Deer's replies to your crap

2) Start holding your breath now that Delmonico is coming back.

The problem with message boards and guys like DFV is you can't tell if he's an idiot just trying to stir the pot or if he truly believes what he says. Right now I think he could go either way.

How about this . . . Fire Raliegh after he loses the series at Ole Miss or gets swept and when he gets swept by Florida at home. Hire Delmonico as interim head coach - with no promises through the end of the season. Any objections?

Let's make a bet. I'll bet that Coach Delmonico gets a head coach position this year and that he will get back to a regional before Tennessee does. Any takers?

By the way, did you notice he on-line poll at Home. 508 in favor of rehiring vs. 8 measley votes against. I love democracy in action.:salute:

Well . . . not your brains - cause you dont have any. How about ego. Youve got plenty of that.

It's easy to have an ego when the facts are on my side.

Don't you find it odd that you're the only one here that thinks firing Rod was a mistake or that he needs to be re-hired?

And why will you not address any of my questions that I asked you?

How about this . . . Fire Raliegh after he loses the series at Ole Miss or gets swept and when he gets swept by Florida at home. Hire Delmonico as interim head coach - with no promises through the end of the season. Any objections?

That wouldn't prove a thing. We all know Raleigh is awful. The team would play better with Delmonico for the rest of the season. Heck, they'd play better if Hamilton pulled some coach out of a Knoxville high school to finish out the season. They'd probably play better if YOU ran the team the rest of the way, because by all reports they can't stand Raleigh.

The fact that Rod Delmonico is better than Todd Raleigh is no reason to rehire him. A lot of coaches are better than Raleigh. We should only rehire Delmonico if he is the best candidate, not merely a better option than keeping Raleigh. We have a better coach than Raleigh on staff already, in Bill Currier.

There's no possible way that Rod Delmonico is the best coaching option available after this season.

I know you love your dad, but if he were so great, Diamond Vol Fan, he'd have a job. Hell, just be thankful he let you roll out to play all those years despite your baseball skill shortcomings.

I know you love your dad, but if he were so great, Diamond Vol Fan, he'd have a job. Hell, just be thankful he let you roll out to play all those years despite your baseball skill shortcomings.

you do know his son's are major division 1 level prospects right? nice try though i like where your head is at.

Tony could hit alright, but was painful to watch as an infielder.

His nickname among the team was "E6" even after he moved to and started making errors at second base. Awful fielder. Awful.

Tony moved to catcher after he transferred, and is doing well there in the minors. Wish him luck, tho.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well, the simple answer there is that his facilities were not way behind the conference for most of that period. When LNS was built in the early 90's, it was one of the best in the country and it was built just as Rod wanted it. The building of minor league stadium clones didn't begin until the mid-00s.

The team uses the men's AD weight room, which is definitely not way behind, neither is the training room. They have also had use of the indoor football facility and have batting cages that drop from the ceiling in there. That's not something that most schools have. There were also covered cages under LNS and beyond the outfield wall.

You also have to consider that any falling behind that we did was a direct result of Rod refusing to get out in the community to raise the funds to upgrade the stadium. There were designs for upgrades to LNS as early as 2001, but Rod felt that the UTAD should pay for them out of pocket, rather than him getting out and helping raise the money like coaches for other sports did. As time went on, you saw new soccer and softball stadiums built because coaches in those sports spearheaded efforts to land a leadership gift to build stadiums.

Despite having several players that played for HIM in the majors, Rod was neither able nor willing to land that leadership gift. With all of the wealthy baseball alums, Rod couldn't get anyone to make the gift to get the stadium renovated. It's VERY telling that players like Helton and Burke donated large sums to the current renovations, but were only willing to pledge money after Rod was gone.

Better yet, I believe they now have their own weight room and training room in LNS.

VN Store

Back