Wyoming Punter announcing transfer to Tennessee

RockyTop22

Tim Gleeson announcing he will be coming to Rocky Top on his twitter today.

Tim Gleeson ‏@tglees 53m

Happy to announce that the University of Tennessee will be where I'm heading! A rich history with a football program on the rise #govols

https://twitter.com/tglees/status/334719615630446593

He averaged 43 yds per punt last year at Wyoming, originally from Melbourne, Australia.

Tim Gleeson Bio - University of Wyoming Official Athletic Site

Some more Statistics:
Had a 66 yard punt last year
Had 13 punts of 50+ yards
Had 21 punts land inside the 20 yard line
Did not have a single punt blocked in 62 attempts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 54 people
i don't worry about 39 yard punts versus 43 yard punts. i want to know if he had any shanks. that is what drives me nuts.

Reactions: 1 person
LSU has a great punter from Australia as well (Maybe I should get CBJ to fund a recruiting trip in the land down under so that I can check out up and coming punter talent!). Man, just an average punter would have helped us out with field position so many times last year...

Well, luck is on our side! Man, I can't wait for 45 yards to be the norm on a punt. Hopefully he can add some decent hang time, too. Awesome pick-up by the staff!

That could be good news, indeed. However, do not expect him to maintain that 43-yd. average. In home games, he has been punting at an altitude of 7,200 ft. (University of Wyoming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Hopefully, he will enjoy greater success than Dirk Borgognone (Dirk Borgognone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), who came from Reno, Nevada (elevation 4,400 ft.), where he had kicked a high school-record 68-yd. FG in 1985, but lost tremendous distance in the thicker and more humid air of Knoxville, Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
That could be good news, indeed. However, do not expect him to maintain that 43-yd. average. In home games, he has been punting at an altitude of 7,200 ft. (University of Wyoming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Hopefully, he will enjoy greater success than Dirk Borgognone (Dirk Borgognone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), who came from Reno, Nevada (elevation 4,400 ft.), where he had kicked a high school-record 68-yd. FG in 1985, but lost tremendous distance in the thicker and more humid air of Knoxville, Tennessee.

Can we not be happy about anything anymore without Debbie Downer chiming in?

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back