Wyoming Punter announcing transfer to Tennessee

Don't know the altitude at Wyoming but high altitude, thin air stats can deceive. Colorado Rockies HR stats in baseball for example. He will be kicking in K-town where in September the air is as thick as a kangaroo from down under!

Reactions: 1 person
Will he have to sit out this fall? I wasn't sure if there were any hardship issues.

SDV, I am happy about the potential to make an upgrade at the punter position, but facts are facts. Facts that will translate well, regardless of the actual distance he averages, include the fact that he did not have a punt blocked and dropped 21 punts inside the 20. Directional punting and the ability to pin opponents deep in their own territory are always desirable attributes for a punter. Now if only he can master that Colquitt-like ability to place the ball at the 5-yd. line with a right angle bounce toward the sideline . . . It just goes to show that Butch is leaving no stone unturned in efforts to upgrade the roster.

According to his web page, he was a freshman last year, so, even if he has to sit out this season, he will still have two more years to play.

SDV, I am happy about the potential to make an upgrade at the punter position, but facts are facts. Facts that will translate well, regardless of the actual distance he averages, include the fact that he did not have a punt blocked and dropped 21 punts inside the 20. Directional punting and the ability to pin opponents deep in their own territory are always desirable attributes for a punter. Now if only he can master that Colquitt-like ability to place the ball at the 5-yd. line with a right angle bounce toward the sideline . . . It just goes to show that Butch is leaving no stone unturned in efforts to upgrade the roster.

I respect your opinion, it just seems like as soon as we get some good news, people want to start tearing it down immediately. Just frustrating

Tim Gleeson announcing he will be coming to Rocky Top on his twitter today.

Tim Gleeson ‏@tglees 53m

https://twitter.com/tglees/status/334719615630446593

He averaged 43 yds per punt last year at Wyoming, originally from Melbourne, Australia.

Tim Gleeson Bio - University of Wyoming Official Athletic Site

Some more Statistics:
Had a 66 yard punt last year
Had 13 punts of 50+ yards
Had 21 punts land inside the 20 yard line
Did not have a single punt blocked in 62 attempts.

Wow, that was fast!! I looked on the Wyoming Football site and he is already off of their roster.

I respect your opinion, it just seems like as soon as we get some good news, people want to start tearing it down immediately. Just frustrating

No problemo. If you take a look at the history of my posts, you will find that I most definitely am not a glass-half-empty type of guy. I have a 46-year track record of supporting our program, our players and our coaches through thick and thin. I also place a high value on factual accuracy, however.

Last edited:
“To us, I guess kicking is natural,” Gleeson said. “I can’t throw. If you’ve seen me, it’s a scary sight. But, to us back home, kicking comes pretty naturally. We’ve grown up since the age of 4 or 5 just kicking the ball in the backyard.”

And not just any ball, an Aussie rules ball that Gleeson describes as a rugby ball with laces. It’s a ball that’s much bigger and heavier than an American football.

“Even if you mis-punt [an American ball], it’ll still travel 45 yards,” Gleeson said. “Coaches are pretty happy with that. When you connect, they can go 70 or 80 yards on the fly.
:eek:hmy:

:loco: :dance2:

A huge problem last season just fixed. In this league, good field position is paramount to success. Can dude quick-kick?? Showing my age here as I was a single-wing tailback and used it to help defeat Knox Fulton at Homecoming 1962. Ron Widby was their All-State QB and he suffered a broken leg and missed the entire following basketball season. He still made All-State and rightfully so. He and Steve Sloan, out of Bradley county are, IMO, the two finest allround high school athletes ever to come from the state of Tennessee and I was fortunate to play against both. Ron and I were in freshman R.O.T.C together at U.T. and had a few chuckles over those events. Magical times, my friends.

Reality check: There is but one single player on the entire Wyoming roster who if they were eligible to play in the NFL next season would have a chance to do so.

That player is our Punter, Tim Gleeson, who I actually believe has a very legitimate chance of playing on Sunday's sometime in the future.

When your Punter, who is a freshman lets not forget, is your best player...I'll step aside and let someone else fill in the blanks.

As always and forever...

Go Pokes.

Go poke? :eek:hmy:

:pepper::pepper:

VN Store

Back