Yes, It Was a Coup Attempt. Here’s Why.

I don’t think you realize the firepower that’s in civilian hands. Granted, it’s not howitzers and M1 tanks, and if it ever came down to it, I doubt the US armed forces would turn their weapons on the American people.
I don't doubt it just as I don't doubt the police would do the same

Good question. Define terroristic and uprising. Also if there was an "uprising" or internal revolution what makes you think our military (a good portion) wouldn't wouldn't support it? They are under no obligation to protect the government or follow illegal orders.

A group of terrorists attach the capitol building in order to stop a lawful and election process.

The military is certainly under obligation to protect the government. Really, is that not obvious? One of the most obvious duties would be protection which is in the oath.

A group of terrorists attach the capitol building in order to stop a lawful and election process.

The military is certainly under obligation to protect the government. Really, is that not obvious? One of the most obvious duties would be protection which is in the oath.
They take an oath to defend the Constitution, not those in charge.

That wasn't a terrorist act, at most it was a piss poor attempt at an insurrection.

No, the military is not under any obligation to protect the government. It is obligated to protect and defend the constitution, the government and our constitution are not one in the same.

Reactions: AM64 and Y9 Vol

giphy.gif

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
That wasn't a terrorist act, at most it was a piss poor attempt at an insurrection.

No, the military is not under any obligation to protect the government. It is obligated to protect and defend the constitution, the government and our constitution are not one in the same.

So, just the old paper that the constitution is written on? Not the ideas and practices outlined in the Constitution?

I think I do realize the firepower in civilian hands and have an idea of the firepower in the hands of the U.S. Military. I think some civilians need to get off their millennial soap box and realize they are still U.S. citizens. Just because they own some pea shooters does not make them some sort of check on the U.S. Gov.

You don't think the U.S. Military would stop a terroristic uprising? Ask Ashli Babbitt and I don't think she even had a weapon.

Ashli Babbitt was shot by a cop - not the military. Don't confuse the two.

"That anybody can get access to also", is a problem in this country.
Actually no it isn’t. Law abiding citizens will continue to abide by the laws. As criminals will not. And as long as a firearm is an available commodity criminals win find the means to acquire them legal or not. This is more preventative punishment and has no place in a legal system.

Actually no it isn’t. Law abiding citizens will continue to abide by the laws. As criminals will not. And as long as a firearm is an available commodity criminals win find the means to acquire them legal or not. This is more preventative punishment and has no place in a legal system.
"Anybody doesn't apply!" Yes, law abiding citizens, but citizens who don't necessarily meet that criteria shouldn't have access

Reactions: hUTch2002

VN Store

Back