Your Realistic Predictions for 2013?

Adjusting for talent and attrition, this season should be 7-5 objectively.

Austin Peay - W
Western Kentucky - W
Oregon - L (but closer talent wise than many think)
Florida - L
South Alabama - W
UGA - L
SCAR - W
Bama - L
Mizzou - W
Auburn - L
Vandy - W
Kentucky - W

I wouldn't be surprised to see a L where I have a win and a W where I have a loss, but the end result is a 7-5 season.

And, for those who think that our talent levels are too low, I have broken down the roster for each team in the east accounting for attrition (but not including the 2013 class):

................5*......4*.....3*...2*.....avg/85
Georgia......3.......30.....29....4.......2.7
Florida.......7.......33.....18....2.......2.65
Tennessee..0......25.....31.....6......2.41
SCAR.........1......17.....35.....6......2.24
Missouri.....1.......7......47.....6......2.19
Kentucky....0......3.......46....17.....2.17
Vanderbilt...0.......4......43....14.....2.04

It's not that we are complaining about talent. These guys have plenty of that. But they haven't progressed much under Dooley and that is not going to happen overnight. We aren't going to go 1-7 in the SEC but don't expect to shock the world either. At the end of the year, most people will simply say "we are who we thought we were".

3 wins with push overs,I say we beat Missouri,Auburn,Vandy,Kentucky,that's 7.And we upset either FL,GA,or South Carolina.Great season 8-4,but probably 7-5 with a Bowl bid.:rolleyes:

Austin Peay - Win 52-17
WKU - Win 38 - 17
Oregon - Loss 24 - 45
Florida - Loss 21 - 35
South Alabama - Win 48 - 14
Georgia - Loss 20 - 28
South Carolina - Win 28 - 24
Alabama - Loss 17 - 40
Missouri - Loss 24 - 27
Auburn - Win 30 - 27
Vandy - Win 28 - 20
Kentucky - Win 35 - 17

7-5 regular season
8-5 with a bowl win.

It's not that we are complaining about talent. These guys have plenty of that. But they haven't progressed much under Dooley and that is not going to happen overnight. We aren't going to go 1-7 in the SEC but don't expect to shock the world either. At the end of the year, most people will simply say "we are who we thought we were".

I think that improvement can happen quicker than you think. These players might not have progressed much under Dooley, but Dooley is no longer here. You weren't seeing a regression of their talent or athletic ability, just a lack of scheming and coaching adjustment.

There are talented and athletic young men who want to win and who have bought into what Jones is selling (or seem to be from the outside looking in). I am not looking for UT to be world beaters in 2013, just win the games that they should and go 7-5.

Here is my "Do-able but who knows?" schedule for this season.
Personally I consider this season a write off with "hopefully" a bowl appearance.
With the way the recruiting class is shaping up, 2014 and 2015 could be very good!

Austin Peay - W
W. Ky - W
Oregon - L
Florida - L
S. AL - W
GA - ?
SC - ?
AL - L
Mizzou - ?
Auburn - W
Vandy - W
Ky - W

Obviously this is all speculation and we have alot of questions, but 6 wins is certainly do-able, and a "surprise" win against any of the 3 ? teams would be huge!

Now flame away without mercy in the great Volnation tradition! :)

Win # 1: Austin Peay

Win # 2: Western Kentucky

Win # 3: South Alabama

Win # 4: Vandy

Win # 5: Kentucky

Win # 6:???? Auburn

Win # 6: ??? Missouri

I predict that we win 3 of our non conference games. I predict that we will win 3 of our last 4 S.E.C. games. Don't know which S.E.C. game we lose, it could be Auburn or it could be Missouri..

Either way, we win 6 games and head to a bowl game...

I see this year being slightly better. Six wins imo. Kentucky, AP, WKU, South Al., and Auburn. Auburn should be better than 3-9, but not great. UT can beat them. I think Vandy surprises a lot of people this year. Tough game, but it's in Neyland iirc and UT could win. Add in Missouri and possibly seven.

Seven max, five minimum. Just fine for Butch 1st year.

I will NEVER predict my beloved Vols to lose a single game! We go 14-0 on the way to our first of 7 straight SEC and National Championships. The BIG UGLIES GET IT DONE IN THE TRENCHES! Go Vols! Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaw! I can't wait for FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE! WE gonna whip all dey azzes! Go Vols!

How many 5-hour energy drinks you had today?

My head says we lose 5: Oregon, Fla, Bama, and 2/3 of UGA, USCe, Auburn.

My heart says we lose 4: Oregon, Fla, Bama, and 1/3 of UGA, USCe, and Auburn.

Bowl game win: 8-5 or 9-4. :salute:

Whatever he was drinking...it wasn't a five hour energy lol. Thats for sure.
Heck boys,I'm on a drug cocktail! Suboxone,Xanax,marijuana,and meth! I'm a chef! I'm a Jimtownian,and we are the most dedicated Vol fans on Earth! If we are down 56-0 with 1 min remaining,we still scream "Go Big Orange! Go Vols! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! "Kill Bama! Go Vols Go! Yeeeeeeeefkin Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! Go Vols! Go Tennessee! Go Big Orange!". We never surrender! We are true Tennessee Volunteers! My fellow Tennesseans,have some freakin pride to be from the greatest place on Earth,with the greatest people and greatest football team. We are the winningest team in the modern era. We are Tennessee! We will NEVER lose again because of Bama Mafia-planted coaches! We've been sabotaged by Bama because of Phabulous Phil's domination and the Bama perception of him as a narc. NO MORE! Butch is a real coach! He may be a Yankee,but he coaches like Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest! We are going to pull off some incredible upsets with brilliant coaching. MARK IT DOWN. WebbVol says we WIN EM ALL! Go Vols!

6-6, we could just as easily stumble on a probable win as we could upset a probable loss. 7 losses would be a huge disappointment and 8 wins a huge surprise.

It's interesting that expectations for the Vols are lower (more realistic?) this year than last. Didn't we have a dozen or so posters this time last year who declared that 2012 would be at least an 8-win season, and for 2013, the SEC championship??

I don't see how Vandy wins in Neyland. Players have to make up for that embarrassment last year and Butch has already beaten Franklin before.

VN Store

Back